time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line?

These guys on quite a few occasions looked good  playing  together. But alot of the other times have done nothing on the ice but chase the puck around. 

It is a line that is weak on the boards that is the main problem

Maybe its best to split them up to other lines. Here is an option

Horton Krejci Peverly
    Marchand Bergeron Lucic
    Ryder Seguin Paille 
    Kelly Campbell Recchi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line?

Anything that suggests breaking up KHL is not well thought out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ryder will probably take Seguin's spot on that line next game....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Leave the top two-lines alone.  The place to "tinker" is 3rd/4th line combos.  How about:

Score is even/close (likely 1st/2nd Period as well)
    3rd-line: Peverley-Kelly-Seguin
    4th-line: Paille-Campbell-Ryder

B's are trailing:
    3rd-line: Peverley-Seguin-Ryder
    4th-line: Paille-Campbell-Kelly

B's are ahead:
    3rd-line: Campbell-Kelly-Peverley
    4th-line: Paille-Seguin-Ryder

Lot's of flexibility with these combos, let's see if CJ uses all of his assets and stops rolling four like a mindless zombie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

How have people not figured out the problem already. It is chris kelly. Everybody that plays with him doesnt score. The Ryder peverly kelly line wasnt scoring at all either.

I have nothing against Kelly, im sure hes a great guy. He plays great defensively and is good at faceoffs, but he belongs on the 4th line

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line?:
    [QUOTE]These guys on quite a few occasions looked good  playing  together. But alot of the other times have done nothing on the ice but chase the puck around.  It is a line that is weak on the boards that is the main problem Maybe its best to split them up to other lines. Here is an option Horton Krejci Peverly Marchand Bergeron Lucic Ryder Seguin Paille  Kelly Campbell Recchi
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Much easier to switch lines around when you re 4th from the bottom in the conference than when you're  4th overall

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line?:
    [QUOTE]Leave the top two-lines alone.  The place to "tinker" is 3rd/4th line combos.  How about: Score is even/close (likely 1st/2nd Period as well) 3rd-line: Peverley-Kelly-Seguin 4th-line: Paille-Campbell-Ryder B's are trailing: 3rd-line: Peverley-Seguin-Ryder 4th-line: Paille-Campbell-Kelly B's are ahead: 3rd-line: Campbell-Kelly-Peverley 4th-line: Paille-Seguin-Ryder Lot's of flexibility with these combos, let's see if CJ uses all of his assets and stops rolling four like a mindless zombie.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Boston has arguably had the best 3rd line in the league this year and you want to tinker with it !

I see nothing wrong with rolling 4 lines... As long as the TOI is distributed based on performance. All great winning teams used 4 lines .

Leave it to the professionals  or we'll never drink outta the cup again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seguin with Ryder and Paille. Yikes Yaz, please go back to the baseball boards

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]How have people not figured out the problem already. It is chris kelly. Everybody that plays with him doesnt score. The Ryder peverly kelly line wasnt scoring at all either. I have nothing against Kelly, im sure hes a great guy. He plays great defensively and is good at faceoffs, but he belongs on the 4th line
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]

RMiller is back everyone!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line? : Boston has arguably had the best 3rd line in the league this year and you want to tinker with it ! I see nothing wrong with rolling 4 lines... As long as the TOI is distributed based on performance. All great winning teams used 4 lines . Leave it to the professionals  or we'll never drink outta the cup again.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

How's that been working for the past 40 years?

Seems like an online forum is an appropriate place to share my views with others.  I do not expect that CJ and PC are trolling the board looking for any of our advice, would be disappointed if they were. 

Do you have anything else to offer BOA?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Don't touch the top 2 lines.

Maybe give these two lines a go.

Seguin(At Center) Peverly/Ryder.  Gives Seguin more chances to be creative and gets a scorer playing with him. 

Kelly/Campy/Paille.  In fact I may look at Seguin as our 4th line center with Ryder and Paille.  Move Campy(who is capible) to the 3rd line with Kelly and Peverly. 

some combo will work but leave the top lines be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line? : How's that been working for the past 40 years? Seems like an online forum is an appropriate place to share my views with others.  I do not expect that CJ and PC are trolling the board looking for any of our advice, would be disappointed if they were.  Do you have anything else to offer BOA?
    Crowls,you've got some good ideas with the tinkering.I agree on CJ and PC not reading the forum but I still wouldn't be surprised to see your ideas get tried out.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line? : How's that been working for the past 40 years? Seems like an online forum is an appropriate place to share my views with others.  I do not expect that CJ and PC are trolling the board looking for any of our advice, would be disappointed if they were.  Do you have anything else to offer BOA?

Besides Cherry's teams during the 80's give me 3 years where a Bruin coach

rotated 4 lines as Julien does? We never had the depth to do it. Even with Cam and Ray in the lineup we fell far short of a cup because we didn't have the depth.

If Bruins win the cup it'll be because our 3rd and 4th lines out play the other team's 3rd and 4rth lines ! 

Most teams competing for the cup have pretty even 1st and 2nd lines.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line?:
    [QUOTE]These guys on quite a few occasions looked good  playing  together. But alot of the other times have done nothing on the ice but chase the puck around.  It is a line that is weak on the boards that is the main problem Maybe its best to split them up to other lines. Here is an option Horton Krejci Peverly Marchand Bergeron Lucic Ryder Seguin Paille  Kelly Campbell Recchi
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Yaz,

Not to sound negative but Horton has been plagued by change after change and he himself stated in an interview that he hopes there's more stability in Boston than there was in Florida. He'd like to play with the same players on his line so he can excel once they get to know each other's moves.

He's been showing signs of what he can do of late. Why risk spoiling it now, just before the playoffs?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line? : Crowls,you've got some good ideas with the tinkering.I agree on CJ and PC not reading the forum but I still wouldn't be surprised to see your ideas get tried out.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Not a chance Dez! The guys running the Bruins are serious pros.They will try Crawls' lines so late in the season with so much at stake.
    never try

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line? : Not a chance Dez! The guys running the Bruins are serious pros.They will try Crawls' lines so late in the season with so much at stake. never try
    They used his line 3 combo in yesterday's game when they were up  by a goal.The exact scenario in which Crowls suggests it should be deployed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Seguin will be watching the playoffs from the pressbox, as he should!

The Bruins made a mistake by keeping him in the NHL this year without being able to send him to the AHL.  He should of went back to juniors at the beginning of year.   If you think differently, you are either a friend, relative or a lover of the kid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

^ Now that's a sentiment that I don't think has been covered ad nauseum. *Oye*

Seguin-Peverly-Kelly, I'd seriously revamp that line more than just adding Campbell to that line's mix. He's more responsible than Ryder and more consistent scoring as well. But putting Ryder on the 4th line weakens that one too. The issue is IMO, if Kelly is a 4th liner who moves to the 3rd without weakening the 4th? I know messing with the 2nd line karma might be disagreeable to some, they HAVE lost a bit of their mojo recently. I'd like to see a 3rd line of Seguin-Campbell-Rex and move Peverly to the 2nd line. 4th line of Paille-Kelly-Ryder. Making the 2nd line wings lighting fast, the 3rd line a balanced checking/scoring line. And the 4th a faster version of our current defensive line. Although I've seen enough Ryder for this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Rex
    Peverly Campbell Seguin
    Paille Kelly Thorn/Ryder

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think trying Ryder with Seguin would be good.  He has the skill and if he gets on a roll it could be excellent.  Campbell, Kelly or Peverly being the other guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm still waiting for Kelly to just be able to hold the puck just a little longer in the offensive zone so he can look to set up Seguin and Peverley. Just when I think Chris will start to be able to start controlling that line he gets the puck stolen from him. Kelly's the key to really getting the puck to very capable scorers I don't see Ryder making it better or moving Kelly to the 4th line resolving the 3rd line. Chris has to work it out soon if he does look out that line will do some damage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Kelly's not much of a play maker, neither is peverly.  Ryder actually has high-end skill when he's on his game, so he and seguin might make better plays.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

High end skill ? So he should be reinserted on the 3rd line because Pavelec didn't read a scouting report as to where Ryder always shoots ? The best thing I will read this summer is "Ryder's agent has been informed that his client will not be offered a contract".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: time to dismantle the Seguin Peverly Kelly line? : Boston has arguably had the best 3rd line in the league this year and you want to tinker with it ! I see nothing wrong with rolling 4 lines... As long as the TOI is distributed based on performance. All great winning teams used 4 lines . Leave it to the professionals  or we'll never drink outta the cup again.

Even though they never score?