Time to get Kaberle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Time to get Kaberle?

PP needs help, he is available, pending UFA that shouldn't cost a ton.  PP needs to be better now and in the playoffs, might make sense to get this guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Time to get Kaberle?

Burke needs draft picks PC has them get it done. No one on the Bruins right now can set up the PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Yep.  The guy is clearly overrated by most Leafs fans but the guy is still a great player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Burke's asking price will be to high. Been down this road before. He is not worth it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

we just need a few more dynamic, offensively talented guys, I don't care who PC thinks those guys are, just get it done!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PP is vital for playoff success.
    Kaberle feeding Chara would be a nice option for sure.  I belive it would likely cost Wheeler and a 2nd rounder.

I say spice it up.  Land Versteeg/Kaberle and give them Wheeler and our 1st rounder. 

With Malkin gone for the year and Crosby hurt the drive to the final goes through Philly.  I would argue that we could be the 2nd best team in the east with Washington and Pitts injuries.  Make a run this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I say spice it up.  Land Versteeg/Kaberle and give them Wheeler and our 1st rounder."

Man would that be sweet Shup I'd throw in Bs 2nd rounder or Tommy Cross.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Kaberle is largely responsible for McCabe having his career year (19 goals, 68 pts., massive contract) some seasons ago by feeding him from the left point straight into McCabe's left-handed windup at the right point. 

To say the Bruins should get him suggests the ineffectiveness comes from the back end and not up front.  I'm with those who think the PP troubles stem from the Bruins not having that one offensive guy who makes the other team always aware of where he is on the ice.  The club has no offensive kingpin to bury most chances generated. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Don't disagree RHO, just seems easier (less expensive) to improve on the blueline.  Impact PP forwards are hard to find, not often available and hard to fit under the cap.

What will it take to get Kaberle?
    2nd Rounder?  Wheeler and a 2nd rounder?  I would do either deal, it helps the team.   With the emergence of Marchand, Wheeler is very expendable right now.  Including Wheel may actually help as it lessen's the Cap impact of a guy like Kaberle. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Because what Burke really needs to do to endear himself more to the fans in Leafs nation is to give the Bruns yet another piece of the puzzle so we can win the Stanley Cup this year and still pick first overall. I'm sure that would cement his place in the hearts of Leafs fans forever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Time to get Kaberle?:
    [QUOTE]Burke's asking price will be to high. Been down this road before. He is not worth it.
    Posted by jpsoxfan[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The price will be too high.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't like Kaberle.  We have to keep the Leafs 1st round pick.  Let someone else take Kaberle from them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Don't disagree RHO, just seems easier (less expensive) to improve on the blueline.  Impact PP forwards are hard to find, not often available and hard to fit under the cap. What will it take to get Kaberle? 2nd Rounder?  Wheeler and a 2nd rounder?  I would do either deal, it helps the team.   With the emergence of Marchand, Wheeler is very expendable right now.  Including Wheel may actually help as it lessen's the Cap impact of a guy like Kaberle. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

All strong points, Crowls.  Burke knows Kaberle is one of the very few assets he has on the big club.  I'd imagine the price would be substantial.  I've watched Kaberle from his first year with the Leafs and he's as gifted a passer as there is in the league. 

That it seems he'd rather pass than shoot has often been one of his biggest criticisms up here, despite having a hard, accurate shot.  He skates as effortlessly as he did years ago and I only hesitate in this regard: he tends to be less effective when the going gets rough.  

Some aimed their bomb-sights at Hunwick for his tendency to be bumped off the puck by bigger, fast and aggressive forwards, thus giving up possession in his own end.  Hunwick may be Scott Stevens compared to Kaberle in this regard as Hunwick would at least throw checks. 

If fans are willing to accept this reality in return for any offensive dividends his skill-set may provide, assuming the price is not too steep, he'd be a welcome addition. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Because what Burke really needs to do to endear himself more to the fans in Leafs nation is to give the Bruns yet another piece of the puzzle so we can win the Stanley Cup this year and still pick first overall. I'm sure that would cement his place in the hearts of Leafs fans forever.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

So true, red.  Burke's got a lot of work to do but in fairness, he's starting from the ground up by inheriting the situation left to him by John Ferguson, Jr.  Should the Bruins land another top 5, potential blue-chip prospect again, it will be a bitter pill for Leaf fans.  They're facing that possibility again.

Still, it was Burke who over-estimated the talent on his team last year by never dreaming they'd finish near the league cellar when he made the Kessel deal. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like Kaberle.  We have to keep the Leafs 1st round pick.  Let someone else take Kaberle from them.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

BadHab- how are those two related?  Couldn't the argument be made that by acquiring Kaberle you further weaken the Leafs this year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to get Kaberle? : BadHab- how are those two related?  Couldn't the argument be made that by acquiring Kaberle you further weaken the Leafs this year?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Yah, you're right.  I don't like mortgaging the future for the sake of a rental this year.  I want to see long term stability which we can have with the first round draft picks this year at least the Leafs first pick.  Maybe deal ours.

But I don't want Kaberle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

is there a trade that does not include Wheeler? I'm sure rebuilding teams will be lining up for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]is there a trade that does not include Wheeler? I'm sure rebuilding teams will be lining up for him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Stanley compares Blake to Mario Lemieux, Bruins just need to find a GM that thinks the same way.

The problem would be how to get an NHL GM to think that way, it would involve a   very elaborate scheme that would result in some VERY incriminating photographs.  It could happen.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Oh yeah he has really made the leafs powerplay outstanding this season, no way is Chiarelli going to deal with Burke any time soon.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle is largely responsible for McCabe having his career year (19 goals, 68 pts., massive contract) some seasons ago by feeding him from the left point straight into McCabe's left-handed windup at the right point.  To say the Bruins should get him suggests the ineffectiveness comes from the back end and not up front.  I'm with those who think the PP troubles stem from the Bruins not having that one offensive guy who makes the other team always aware of where he is on the ice.  The club has no offensive kingpin to bury most chances generated. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

You dont need down low offensive forwards to have a great PP. Most teams that have that decent PP have great back end support. Look at the Scabs when when they had Markov & Streit. They had the most potent PP in the league without top offensive weapons. Don't say Kovalev because someone who only shows up when everything smells perfect for him is not an offensive weapon. 

PP comes from puck management. The B's don't have that very often. Most of the time they can't even get into the zone to set up, let alone create anything. Also you need defensemen that can block clearing attempts. Bourque was the master at this.

I just don't understand why CJ won't put the big guy in front of the net. Not for every PP, but like the one they B's got halfway thru the 3rd today. Nothing else was working. Chara did that a lot in Ottawa & it worked a lot. He's bigger than anyone else. His strength isn't matched by many & his reach is up the "freakish" ranks.

As far Kaberle goes? Brian Burke doesn't give two sweet toilet logs about what the fans may think about moving anybody! That has nothing to do with moving him. It's what Burke thinks the player coming back will do for the Leafs. Another thing. Burke is in no rush to move anyone. It'll be the off season when he makes a huge bid for Brad Richards. That centerman for Phil!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Boychuk + minnesota's second for Kaberle, I think thats a pretty fair deal
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I would agree......but would Burke???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to get Kaberle? : You dont need down low offensive forwards to have a great PP. Most teams that have that decent PP have great back end support. Look at the Scabs when when they had Markov & Streit. They had the most potent PP in the league without top offensive weapons. Don't say Kovalev because someone who only shows up when everything smells perfect for him is not an offensive weapon.  PP comes from puck management. The B's don't have that very often. Most of the time they can't even get into the zone to set up, let alone create anything. Also you need defensemen that can block clearing attempts. Bourque was the master at this. I just don't understand why CJ won't put the big guy in front of the net. Not for every PP, but like the one they B's got halfway thru the 3rd today. Nothing else was working. Chara did that a lot in Ottawa & it worked a lot. He's bigger than anyone else. His strength isn't matched by many & his reach is up the "freakish" ranks. As far Kaberle goes? Brian Burke doesn't give two sweet toilet logs about what the fans may think about moving anybody! That has nothing to do with moving him. It's what Burke thinks the player coming back will do for the Leafs. Another thing. Burke is in no rush to move anyone. It'll be the off season when he makes a huge bid for Brad Richards. That centerman for Phil!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

//PP comes from puck management. The B's don't have that very often. Most of the time they can't even get into the zone to set up, let alone create anything.// 

Agreed.  The Wings have it and as a result, it doesn't seem like many teams are willing to take liberties against them out of concern for giving the odd man advantage.  Maybe this explains why they've had no need for an enforcer since the days of Darren McCarty. 

Full props to them for being where they are minus an effective PP.  The problem is the PP could be a deciding factor somewhere along the way, regular season or playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

We can't go wrong with Kaberle and Versteeg together on a deal  Bst. 1st and  prospects to see what Burke wants. PC is too smart to give up TO's 1st pick . If we can get these two leaf players they can adjust to the Bruins much quicker.
    We are not going to get a draft pick(bst. 1st only) or Prov. prospects with the caliber of these two players. Bst 1st pick, Stuart and ? but Burke will be very careful about making a deal. Burke knows their are teams looking for help on the blue line and extra grit on the forward position. It would be nice to see with the line ups:
    Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Rechhi
    Versteeg Seguin Ryder
    Wheels/Paille Camp. Thorn

Chara Kaberle
    Sieds Boychuk
    Ference McQuaid
    Kampner