Time to move Eriksson and Iginla...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Time to move Eriksson and Iginla...

I know that the first line looked good from the start, but, Jarome has just 4 goals, and, foremost, Loui seems to be totaly lost with Bergy and Marshy. Loui has 4 goals, but three of them were not even on purpose !!! I thought that a finesse player like Eriksson will benefit from the great passes of Bergeron, but nothing is working, they don't click at all, and Marchand is lost too.

So, let's give a try, Krejci-Lucic-Eriksson and Begeron-Marchand-Iginla.

At least, Soderberg and Smith are finding the beat !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Time to move Eriksson and Iginla...

When i saw the title of this thread i thought it was gonna be, ship Iginla & Eriksson to the Jets for Kane & Ladd or something. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Remi, Iginla helped make DK's goal in overtime happen. Things are working for this team... let them be!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

at some point in the season, I would like to see this. not sure that now is the time though. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think Iginla has been great in Boston.  Lots of grit and more determination than I was expecting.  His goals will come

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Remi, Iginla helped make DK's goal in overtime happen. Things are working for this team... let them be!

Yes, one great play my friend, but, fact is that both of the newcomers lost their scoring touch on their way to Boston. They are producing less than expected, so, mabe a little change could provide the spark...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Yes, one great play my friend, but, fact is that both of the newcomers lost their scoring touch on their way to Boston. They are producing less than expected, so, mabe a little change could provide the spark...

Sorry, that is not the only great play he has made... nothing wrong with experimenting with lines but, when your team is in first place, I don't know that you need to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I think Iginla has been great in Boston.  Lots of grit and more determination than I was expecting.  His goals will come

I agree.  Recently slow starts seem to be an annual reality for him.  Last year he didn't score his first goal until the Flames' seventh game.  The season before that he scored just twice in his first 10 games and in 2010/11 he had 2 goals in his first 15 games.  In those 3 years he went on to score 89 goals in 178 games which is a 38 goal pace over an 82 game season.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

When i saw the title of this thread i thought it was gonna be, ship Iginla & Eriksson to the Jets for Kane & Ladd or something. 

Same here.  I was thinking "That didn't take long."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Iginla has been great. Doing all the right things.

Could of swore I saw Eriksson on a milk carton... then I realized it couldn't be him, cause he's become invisible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They are producing less than expected, so, mabe a little change could provide the spark...

Whose expectations are we talking about?  marco et al. who fall in love with individual scoring statistics and one-on-one skills or Bruins management?  I'm guessing management is satisfied with Iginla, and while they might want better numbers from Eriksson, I don't think they're expecting what some around here were from him.  I'm guilty of thinking he and Bergeron could go off, but it hasn't happened.  Still, he's been going to the net, winning battles on the boards, and making plays.  It'll come.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

They are producing less than expected, so, mabe a little change could provide the spark...

Whose expectations are we talking about?  marco et al. who fall in love with individual scoring statistics and one-on-one skills or Bruins management?  I'm guessing management is satisfied with Iginla, and while they might want better numbers from Eriksson, I don't think they're expecting what some around here were from him.  I'm guilty of thinking he and Bergeron could go off, but it hasn't happened.  Still, he's been going to the net, winning battles on the boards, and making plays.  It'll come.

Damn straight!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

what i've seen from Lou is a typical claude julien player.  defensively responsible, board battler and strong on the puck.  Basically every thing Seguin wasnt last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Jesus Remi, I was about to get all belligerent due to the thread title....lol.

No harm in mixing up the lines, however that is not CJ's way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I kind of mentioned this awhile ago because my opinion was based on toughness, I beleive Iginla on the line with bery will spice up that line and create more room in the offensive zone, Loui with Krejci could be an awsome dual and its worth a shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I'm real skeptical about putting loui on first  line.  He really hasn't shown me anything till this point that he can be a top player nothing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Iginla was brought here to score we have enough players in fact too many who do the other stuff simply because they indeed Don't know how to score.  Some said iginla would score 35 No Wonder I can't get along with most here that's what happens when you talk to ppl who don't know what their taking about but who think they do.  

Going use a brilliant line a brilliant poster always uses hey you know what's smart about you yoir phone- haha

He got thatat a boarding school schoolyard for 5 year olds

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Iginla was brought here to score we have enough players in fact too many who do the other stuff simply because they indeed Don't know how to score.  Some said iginla would score 35 No Wonder I can't get along with most here that's what happens when you talk to ppl who don't know what their taking about but who think they do.  

Going use a brilliant line a brilliant poster always uses hey you know what's smart about you yoir phone- haha

He got thatat a boarding school schoolyard for 5 great old. 

checked the standings lately?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

when someone comes to the Bruins expectations of point totalsneed to be tempered, we play a more conservative style than most teams and so offensive numbers tend to be muted a bit. I love what both have brought to the team. We're in 1st place and look like  will have another good shot at a cup. Can't ask for any more than that  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Could be a future move, but Iginla's work on Kreji's OT goal shows that they are beginning to build good chemistry, and hitting posts shows Iginla's starting to feel a groove. Eriksson is a totally different consideration. Since many of us had never watched him play, the only reference was the goals totals, so we expected a sniper, and we haven't seen one. His puck work is solid, but not in synch with Bergie and Marchand, the desired Bruins "chemistry"is not there yet as Eriksson plays a softer game, more into setting up rather than cashing in. Claude has even tried pairing him with Soderberg in OT, thinking that their European experience might help, but, not so. Bergie, of course, is playing against all other teams top lines, so Eriksson's skating and puck handling is important to overall defense, so Claude isn't changing much as he watches Bartkowski, Krug and Hamilton upgrade their game where he needs their breakout and speed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

He got thatat a boarding school schoolyard for 5 great old. 

checked the standings lately?

Yes but I'm not sure what the point is and to be honest  never had a Doubt the bruins make playoffs it's only the playoffs that Im concerned with.  - 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PC has to be working on a trade ....no way an intelligent GM would keep so many talented players in the AHL and keep ST in the line up, something is going to happen before Christmas....Eric Staal could become a BRUIN......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Stanley you like my proposition of staal. I don't think it will happen.  It can but it won't.  

Would have much rathered bobby ryan then loui jagr erixsson . Younger version of an older version of jagr.

Eric staal would put us real close to the cup again. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

PC has to be working on a trade ....no way an intelligent GM would keep so many talented players in the AHL and keep ST in the line up, something is going to happen before Christmas....Eric Staal could become a BRUIN......

So who do they trade to free up space for staals 8.2m a year lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Ericsson bye bye and buyout kelly there's your money.  I'm no cap expert but that's what I would do and I do believe we have over 2m in cap space

Sections
Shortcuts