Time to move Eriksson and Iginla...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Time to move Eriksson and Iginla...

He's trying to suggest that the Oilers got out of that hole by having offensive depth.  Or that's the term he's using.  What he means is having as many flashy big names as you can get your hands on because he's looking at the Oilers as a benchmark.  What he doesn't realize is that, in the cap era, the Bruins are what scoring depth looks like.  You can't build an all-star team.  If your scoring stats go 1st liner, 1st liner, 3rd liner, defense, 1st liner, 2nd liner, 3rd liner, 2nd liner, defense, 2nd liner - you have offensive depth.  When you have depth, in a cap era, you don't have a few top guys in the top 15 in scoring. 

What I don't understand is, after all the hand-wringing about Eriksson being 28, he wants the Bruins to acquire 29 yr old Staal.  Eriksson, at $4.25M, is scoring about .56 points/game as a second line wing. Staal, as a first line C, is scoring .71 points/game for a whopping $8.2M.  The latest conversation I heard about Staal was that he has more or less played his way off of Team Canada.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

He's trying to suggest that the Oilers got out of that hole by having offensive depth.  Or that's the term he's using.  What he means is having as many flashy big names as you can get your hands on because he's looking at the Oilers as a benchmark.  What he doesn't realize is that, in the cap era, the Bruins are what scoring depth looks like.  You can't build an all-star team.  If your scoring stats go 1st liner, 1st liner, 3rd liner, defense, 1st liner, 2nd liner, 3rd liner, 2nd liner, defense, 2nd liner - you have offensive depth.  When you have depth, in a cap era, you don't have a few top guys in the top 15 in scoring. 

What I don't understand is, after all the hand-wringing about Eriksson being 28, he wants the Bruins to acquire 29 yr old Staal.  Eriksson, at $4.25M, is scoring about .56 points/game as a second line wing. Staal, as a first line C, is scoring .71 points/game for a whopping $8.2M.  The latest conversation I heard about Staal was that he has more or less played his way off of Team Canada.

Book why are so many of you intelligent posters like yourself & Red even trying to get thru to this dolt? But, I'll add my 2 cents to this arguement. Wasn't the 08-09 Bruins the best offensive team in hockey? What about last yrs Pens? What about all those Ranger teams & even some of those Det teams in the early to mid 90's. They were loaded with so called "scoring machines". Detroit didn't win until the team including Yzerman learned how to play defense. The Rangers won once they started putting more role players into their lineup. The Matteau's, Lowe's & Noonan's. Once they started "buying" every free agent available after 94' they won nothing. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PC has to be working on a trade ....no way an intelligent GM would keep so many talented players in the AHL and keep ST in the line up, something is going to happen before Christmas....Eric Staal could become a BRUIN......

[/QUOTE]

this thread is about jarome iginla and loui eriksson....please keep it that way stanley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I could have sworn it was about the 89-90 Oilers and Jets :p

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ericsson bye bye and buyout kelly there's your money.  I'm no cap expert but that's what I would do and I do believe we have over 2m in cap space

[/QUOTE]

and then which of the following players would you like to trade to create an opening in the lineup: Bergeron, Krejci. Fail. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay. so it's a fantasy trade. in your fantasy world in which eric staal would be a good fit, which player would you trade to accomodate him, bergeron, or krejci?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iggy will lead the team in goals and has been simply awesome.  Finishes hits everytime.  Hes a leader.  I love him here and i hope he comes back.  

Loui will be fine.  Im not worried about him.  

The team is doing well.  The PP has been better.  When loui and marchand start clicking this team will be fantastic.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

okay. so it's a fantasy trade. in your fantasy world in which eric staal would be a good fit, which player would you trade to accomodate him, bergeron, or krejci?

[/QUOTE]

As I said I'll repeat we were looking at the finances behind it And I suggested one of  the ways is bye loui and buyout kelly - Why I consider this a fantasy trade cuz I don't think the Canes would have any interest in loui.the only way they'd take him is if we had prospects canes would be interested in and I don't think we do.  

And absolutely no I didn't suggest berg or krejci

[/QUOTE]

okay. let's say in fantasy land the canes actively want loui and that he, subban, and khokhlachev gets it done. Do you trade Bergeron or Krejci in order to open up a spot at center for him? After this should they entertain a thought of trading for a goaltender?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

[QUOTE]

Some said iginla would score 35 No Wonder I can't get along with most here that's what happens when you talk to ppl who don't know what their taking about but who think they do.  

[/QUOTE]

Who said that he would get 35. Do you make this stuff up?

At this stage of his career I don't expect another 35 goal season ever -I do expect toughness and some timely goals when it counts most.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chef09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Some said iginla would score 35 No Wonder I can't get along with most here that's what happens when you talk to ppl who don't know what their taking about but who think they do.  

[/QUOTE]

Who said that he would get 35. Do you make this stuff up?

At this stage of his career I don't expect another 35 goal season ever -I do expect toughness and some timely goals when it counts most.

[/QUOTE]

You haven't been long  here long enough at least 2 said he'd score 35 - 

[/QUOTE]

Not even Stanley predicted 35 goals for Iginla.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I said I'll repeat we were looking at the finances behind it And I suggested one of  the ways is bye loui and buyout kelly - Why I consider this a fantasy trade cuz I don't think the Canes would have any interest in loui.the only way they'd take him is if we had prospects canes would be interested in and I don't think we do.  

And absolutely no I didn't suggest berg or krejci

[/QUOTE]

okay. let's say in fantasy land the canes actively want loui and that he, subban, and khokhlachev gets it done. Do you trade Bergeron or Krejci in order to open up a spot at center for him? After this should they entertain a thought of trading for a goaltender?

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson, Subban and Kokhlachev for Eric Staal?

Then you want to trade either Bergeron or Krejci to make room for Staal?

Now your wondering if they should trade for a goalie?

Looks like Stanley has some stiff competition for Chiarellis job!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Iggy stays on the line he's on, period; those 3 will be ferocious come April.  

Eriksson/Bergey/Reilly was working well early on.  It's Marchand who could be moved back to the 3rd line.  Therein lies the rub, because Reilly and Soderberg are clicking.  But, I'd give it a shot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Marco - Staal is a center.  To put him in the lineup, either he has to play wing, or Krejci or Bergeron does, or one of them has to go.  That is why they are bringing up trading them away.  They cease becoming worth their cap hits for the contributions they would make as wings instead of centers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Eirk did get 3 pts last night agst. Pitts why are you so concern about Loui .

Just put Thornton  on waivers and see if another team bites. Giving the bruins some cap space about 750,000.00. Who or what we get will not be an important factor.

If Bruins do make a move then i would personally go after Glencross for my first option. Curtis will be willing to let his no trade clause be release to go to boston and play with Iggy. The Flames are rebuilding Spooner or Caron plus a certain draft pick  ( or maybe they will want Kelly in the mix) will get the Flames attention.

For an interesting line to try for a game  or 2 :

Looch Krejci Iggy

Marchand Bergy Kelly

Smith Soder Erikson

Paille Campbell Spooner

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iggy stays on the line he's on, period; those 3 will be ferocious come April.  

Eriksson/Bergey/Reilly was working well early on.  It's Marchand who could be moved back to the 3rd line.  Therein lies the rub, because Reilly and Soderberg are clicking.  But, I'd give it a shot.

[/QUOTE]

I agree the first line will be the post season that can/will cause problems for the other team d men. Making the second line more productive on the score sheet.

Sections
Shortcuts