Time to Move Seguin!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Time to Move Seguin!

Seguin needs to be taken off the Bergeron line, not because of poor performance, but because Krejci needs to get going for this team to have success. The Bruins play there best hockey when Krejci is clicking, his performance is essential to the teams success. I feel that if we put him between Lucic and Seguin he will be much better off. 

You can argue that breaking up the best line is a bad idea, but given the way the Bruins have performed over the past month and a half or so having one elite line isn't going to cut it. Even with taking Seguin of the first line, the production of that line won't be hurt too much. Marchand and Bergeron have incredible chemistry, we've seen what they can do, and Pouliot (who tends to play at the level of his line mates), would be a good replacement.

Next game I'd like to see:

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Pouliot
    Hennessy-Kelly-Caron
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Also I think it would be best to pair Chara with Seidenberg and give them a little more ice time together as they did in the playoffs, atleast until the Bruins can string a few wins together, then decrease the icetime a bit to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

A lot of what is currently wrong with the Bruins IS MENTAL (and a couple substansial injuries).... making these changes could potentially help the Bruins get back on their feet.

AND for those of you now suggesting we trade Tuukka.... gtfo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Time to Move Seguin!

And for those of you who are hitting the panic button all ready, do you recall last season at all? This is exactly how it went, and every thing turned out okay. There are still 25ish games to go. This team has the experience to get it done when it counts, and hopefully we will see that come spring.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Panic buttons shouldn't be hit, but this year is much different than last year. Last year we weren't missing 2 of our top forwards long term, we were actually adding two forwards to our top mix. The depth upfront is being depleted. Why is rask so untouchable? Do people not realize how good a Nash or parise are? They would automatically be your best player behind z, and oh ya, your goalie who actually plays, tt! Could we not find another goalie over the next 3 years ton replace Thomas? Worst case, when his cap hit goes away, use his 5 mill for a goalie. We won't need out of this world tending if we are better upfront, and maybe have a decent pp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

File under misleading thread title.  So, you're not advocating getting rid of Seguin?  Good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Move Seguin!:
    [QUOTE]File under misleading thread title.  So, you're not advocating getting rid of Seguin?  Good.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Exactly! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Panic buttons shouldn't be hit, but this year is much different than last year. Last year we weren't missing 2 of our top forwards long term, we were actually adding two forwards to our top mix. The depth upfront is being depleted. Why is rask so untouchable? Do people not realize how good a Nash or parise are? They would automatically be your best player behind z, and oh ya, your goalie who actually plays, tt! Could we not find another goalie over the next 3 years ton replace Thomas? Worst case, when his cap hit goes away, use his 5 mill for a goalie. We won't need out of this world tending if we are better upfront, and maybe have a decent pp.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Parise or Bobby Ryan are the only two I'd trade Rask for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Move Seguin! : Parise or Bobby Ryan are the only two I'd trade Rask for.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

If Chicago called about a package involving Kane you wouldn't listen?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Here is why you don't trade rask.

It is clear to me that management thinks that Rask will be an elite goalie during his career as an NHL starter. whether you agree or disagree with that for the purposes of this post doesn't matter. its the view of the front office.

Remember what it was like before we had TT? having a really good goalie just makes life so much easier in the NHL, and elite NHL goalies don't grow on trees. Keep rask folks, long term its the way to go

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Bruins fans love Bruins players. I get it. And they won the Cup so everyone wants to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle twice.
    Still.....if they could.....
    trade Seguin even up for Getzlaf, I would. Or include Horton.
    trade Rask and Krecji for Nash, I would.
    trade Hamilton and Spooner for Suter, I would. Only if Suter signs though.
    trade Caron and #1 for Whitney, I would.
    yeah, I know cap considerations, but it could be worked out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If moving Seguin to the krejci line would help kickstart David I'm all for it. As far as trading him not for that unless it's for Getzlaf. Getzlaf is a beast! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Very misleading thread title.

But to the point...I'm not sure I would move Seguin away from Bergeron, but I would not be upset if they moved Marchand off that line (for now).
    I was watching the game last night and was thinking that Marchand and Seguin were way too "cutesy" in their play together (wing to wing passes at the attacking blue line, Marchand's horrible pass across that ended in a Jets goal). It seems that lately they are more interested in making highlights than just making the right (read; simple) play. I will leave Bergeron out of it as he always seems to be where he's supposed to be. Marchand and Seguin have just seem to have added too much of a freewheeling style to their play. A dose of humility seems to be in order for both of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin (Speed and Grit)
    Marchand-Bergie-Pouliot (Pouliot likes to dig)

The next six can flip/flop ...

Campbell-Kelly-Caron
    Paille-Thornton-Hennesey

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Move Seguin! : Parise or Bobby Ryan are the only two I'd trade Rask for.

Fair enough, I would be most fired up about Parise out of all possibilities myself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]And for those of you who are hitting the panic button all ready, do you recall last season at all? This is exactly how it went, and every thing turned out okay. There are still 25ish games to go. This team has the experience to get it done when it counts, and hopefully we will see that come spring.

Bisson - Before I read your post I thought that was exactly what you were doing.  Cheers!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Move Seguin! : If Chicago called about a package involving Kane you wouldn't listen?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Definitely. In Boston he could be put back on the Wing and be a more efficient goal scorer than he is playing center in CHI.

Seguin and Kane playing together down the road would be unbelievable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Oh yeah,  I guess the title is a bit misleading lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to Time to Move Seguin!:
    [QUOTE]Seguin needs to be taken off the Bergeron line, not because of poor performance, but because Krejci needs to get going for this team to have success. The Bruins play there best hockey when Krejci is clicking, his performance is essential to the teams success. I feel that if we put him between Lucic and Seguin he will be much better off.  You can argue that breaking up the best line is a bad idea, but given the way the Bruins have performed over the past month and a half or so having one elite line isn't going to cut it. Even with taking Seguin of the first line, the production of that line won't be hurt too much. Marchand and Bergeron have incredible chemistry, we've seen what they can do, and Pouliot (who tends to play at the level of his line mates), would be a good replacement. Next game I'd like to see: Lucic-Krejci-Seguin Marchand-Bergeron-Pouliot Hennessy-Kelly-Caron Paille-Campbell-Thornton Also I think it would be best to pair Chara with Seidenberg and give them a little more ice time together as they did in the playoffs, atleast until the Bruins can string a few wins together, then decrease the icetime a bit to keep them fresh for the playoffs. A lot of what is currently wrong with the Bruins IS MENTAL (and a couple substansial injuries).... making these changes could potentially help the Bruins get back on their feet. AND for those of you now suggesting we trade Tuukka.... gtfo.
    I like your line combos!!! I also like what I say in Hennesey!!! I believe he won every draw he took!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Time to Move Seguin! : I like your line combos!!! I also like what I say in Hennesey!!! I believe he won every draw he took!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER[/QUOTE]

He was 6-4. 60%.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Seguin misses Ryder. They had an excellent understanding last year. Both understood how to use the open ice in skating and passing.  You put Krejci between them and there would be a lot of goals scored.