Time to Panic...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Time to Panic...

Jake,

The playoffs don't start tomorrow.  This is grinding part of the year where most players feel like it will never end.  Lots of teams go in mini slumps. 

If this is the B's lineup I don't think we win two rounds. 

If we add a few elements to the team I believe we can make some noise. 

Good health and some new pieces to the puzzle and we could be off to the dance.  But even if we add a few pieces tonight the playoffs still don't start tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Panic...:
    [QUOTE]I agree shupe and will add that I'm confident they will be a better team when it's all said and done.  I have faith in Neely that he will do what it takes.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

God you guys are superfans....please take your jerseys off and put away your Bruins starter jackets.  I have zero faith in this management to pull the trigger on any move that will make them a legitimate Stanley Cup team.  I hope I am wrong...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcogag. Show marcogag's posts

D are too slow... Chara at times looks ou of sync .

We need a finisher, someone who can SCORE consistantly more than 25 goals a season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]Jake, The playoffs don't start tomorrow.  This is grinding part of the year where most players feel like it will never end.  Lots of teams go in mini slumps.  If this is the B's lineup I don't think we win two rounds.  If we add a few elements to the team I believe we can make some noise.  Good health and some new pieces to the puzzle and we could be off to the dance.  But even if we add a few pieces tonight the playoffs still don't start tomorrow.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Now, thats all I wanted to hear.  Please define "a few elements".  Kaberle does not make this team a contender.  I just don't believe management will do enough to put this team into serious contention.  I don't want to make some noise, I want to win it all!  Its been long enough for a great hockey town.  And by the way, you don't need to tell me when the playoffs start. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jake,

What move could he make that make us legit contenders.  What one realistic move can he do?  I am dying to hear this. 

I don't like being negative over most things.  Losing to the Leafs in February doesnt rank up there with cancer, high blood pressure or even a dry nose bleed.

relax and be happy for the next game.  I gotta wash my #1 fan underwear....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Generally Shup you make good observations, if the Bs cannot muster a competitive game with one of the worst teams in the league after losing two to Detriot and 4 out of the last 5 then I beg you to answer why February would not be April..... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]Jake, What move could he make that make us legit contenders.  What one realistic move can he do?  I am dying to hear this.  I don't like being negative over most things.  Losing to the Leafs in February doesnt rank up there with cancer, high blood pressure or even a dry nose bleed. relax and be happy for the next game.  I gotta wash my #1 fan underwear....

I don't have any specifics, and don't like to throw out names just to make up trades. But I do know that we have more chips than any other team.  I just can't stand your Laissez Faire attitude towards improving this team.  I originally started this thread because I believe this teams weaknesses have been exposed too many times recently and they need to address this.  A top 4 d-man and winger are not out of the question...are they?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

[QUOTE]It looks like whe need a number one goalie as well now!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE] here's come the bashing time again !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Bruins are one of the top teams in hockey.  They have the MVP and potential Norris trophy winner.  They also have a very hard nosed defensive team that can play against any team.

Personally I dont think we have a chance no matter who we add.  1-2 players isnt gonna change the blue print of this team. 

The East goes through Philly.  If we get to the cup its up in the air.  But with sports you never know.  Montreal made a huge run last year.  Who could this yrs Montreal be?  I just really like watching hockey.  Cheering for the Bruins is the bonus prize

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

told U we need to fight to win LOL, when we play hockey we lose !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins are one of the top teams in hockey.  They have the MVP and potential Norris trophy winner.  They also have a very hard nosed defensive team that can play against any team. Personally I dont think we have a chance no matter who we add.  1-2 players isnt gonna change the blue print of this team.  The East goes through Philly.  If we get to the cup its up in the air.  But with sports you never know.  Montreal made a huge run last year.  Who could this yrs Montreal be?  I just really like watching hockey.  Cheering for the Bruins is the bonus prize

In one sentence you say "the bruins are one of the top teams in hockey" and in another "personally I don't think we have a chance no matter who we add"

You are confusing me....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Panic... : here's come the bashing time again !
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

I think it was a joke...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jake,

You obviously dont read many posts here then b/c I litter this place with my brainless banter.  And I love playing armchair GM.

Lord I started two threads about who I want,.
    Kaberle/Hedjuk and Andy MCdonald.

But for me I don't think there is one or two moves that change the landscape of this club.
    1. We have the best goalie on the planet at the moment.
    2. We have Chara and should he ever go down we are doomed b/c 5-6 are just avg dmen.  When you compare that with Philly or Pitts ded we are in trouble.  In fact if I could have the Leafs defense I would take them as a unit over ours. 
    3. I think we have two good number 2 lines and no number one line.
    4. Our PP is brutal. 

We could add Crosby and I still wouldnt jump up and down b/c no one can control injuries.  I also realize that in a cap world you will be hard pressed to add a major game changer...and I also try to stay away from the major trade gossip b/c we arent getting Nash for Wheeler, Hamil, Stuart, and a 2nd rounder. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Regular season yes.  We do have a great record.  Playoffs are a different season.  Did you really predict a Monreal/Philly finals in the east.  Yeah me neither. 

I think the most active team will be Washington.  They can add a lot on in cap space, they have lots prospects, current NHL ready players and picks.  I see them adding a lot and making a run.  That is my prediction.  But whats my 2 cents worth. 

Anyway, yes I agree we need to make moves.  I still don't think anything we can add promises us a trip to the cup. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]Jake, You obviously dont read many posts here then b/c I litter this place with my brainless banter.  And I love playing armchair GM. Lord I started two threads about who I want,. Kaberle/Hedjuk and Andy MCdonald. But for me I don't think there is one or two moves that change the landscape of this club. 1. We have the best goalie on the planet at the moment. 2. We have Chara and should he ever go down we are doomed b/c 5-6 are just avg dmen.  When you compare that with Philly or Pitts ded we are in trouble.  In fact if I could have the Leafs defense I would take them as a unit over ours.  3. I think we have two good number 2 lines and no number one line. 4. Our PP is brutal.  We could add Crosby and I still wouldnt jump up and down b/c no one can control injuries.  I also realize that in a cap world you will be hard pressed to add a major game changer...and I also try to stay away from the major trade gossip b/c we arent getting Nash for Wheeler, Hamil, Stuart, and a 2nd rounder. 

I read your posts, mostly all the posts on here...I rarely comment.  I do however feel that the Bruins can add an "impact" player with the leafs pick in play, and their own.  And I am not talking Kaberle/Hedjuk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

sure they can...but who the heck is available?  Who is gonna give us a game changer...I know there are names mentioned.  But are any of them really available.  Normally the deals that happen are so under the radar they shock us all. 

I also said
    Johnson/Steen/Backes
    for
    Both 1st rounders, Wheeler, Stuart Colborne.

To me that is a huge trade. 

We have more than one area of weakness.  Adding Nash would be amazing.  But he doesnt play 28 minutes a game on the backend.  We also need a 3rd line center.

I have debated with many about wants and needs.  

We need a scoring winger, a 3rd line center and a #2 dman. 

If we get these 3 aspects I can see us making a run at the cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Tough not to panic when you see a team struggling like the B's are right now. Maybe the road trip will help get them back playing better hockey. It was agonizing to watch the game against the Leafs tonight........

And agree about the PP.......pretty pathetic and will need to amp up if the B's plan to get further then last year in the post season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]sure they can...but who the heck is available?  Who is gonna give us a game changer...I know there are names mentioned.  But are any of them really available.  Normally the deals that happen are so under the radar they shock us all.  I also said Johnson/Steen/Backes for Both 1st rounders, Wheeler, Stuart Colborne. To me that is a huge trade.  We have more than one area of weakness.  Adding Nash would be amazing.  But he doesnt play 28 minutes a game on the backend.  We also need a 3rd line center. I have debated with many about wants and needs.   We need a scoring winger, a 3rd line center and a #2 dman.  If we get these 3 aspects I can see us making a run at the cup.

I think adding another top 4 d-man and a winger (I like your huge trade idea) puts the Bruins in contention for the cup.  But they still need a hot goalie in playoffs too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They do.  But are you willing to rest TT a bit so he can be fresh for the playoffs?

Jake, I wasnt trying to start an argument.  I believe moves need to be made and they are working on them.

Kaberle could be a very big pickup.  He gives us a PP QB and wants to be here. 
    Adding a scoring winger is gonna be pricey.  I wouldnt trade Torontos 1st rounder unless it is a young proven talent under contract.  I just don't see many of them there.

Backes/Steen Johnson gives us a top 4 dman. 
    Heck I would do this deal and still add Kaberle.  In fact Kaberle would play with Johnson. 

But I am an armchair gm.  I hope they make this kinda move but I doubt it happens.  would St. Louis really be willing to part with Johnson?  Their fan base is every bit as strong as ours. 

I would tend to look at southern US markets and try and sell them on youth.  problem is all those teams are in the running.  Then you could look at Edmonton.  But who could we land.
    Penner/Cogliano/Gilbert? 

Not sure.  I run these types of moves through my head all the time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this (this year), I would call in sick tomorrow.