Time to put the Habs in the rear view mirror!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Time to put the Habs in the rear view mirror!

twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

"We are hearing shoulder injury for Mike Cammalleri and will be out for at least 2 weeks. Possible separation. Pacioretty taken to hospital ribs are very sore and doctors want to make sure there are no internal injuries."

I don't wish injuries but this is a real good chance for the Bruins to get some distance in between them and the hated Canadiens. Time to do like shepherds and get the Flock outta here Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Time to put the Habs in the rear view mirror!

Sabres are a dirty team with Ruff yapping and whining but tonight I couldn't care less.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL keep your twitter open as I think Gill just got hurt also.
    AND SABRES SCORE !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Time to put the Habs in the rear view mirror!:
    [QUOTE]twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie "We are hearing shoulder injury for Mike Cammalleri and will be out for at least 2 weeks. Possible separation. Pacioretty taken to hospital ribs are very sore and doctors want to make sure there are no internal injuries." I don't wish injuries but this is a real good chance for the Bruins to get some distance in between them and the hated Canadiens. Time to do like shepherds and get the Flock outta here
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and Halpern also got hurt .  WHAT HAPPENED IN BUFFALO ???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Turn Versus on or set your DVR to record "NHL Overtime" at 11PM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

At least the Bruins gained a point tonight with the Habs losing in OT.  Loathe both these clubs.   For Boston draft purposes, other teams had also better start sending the Leafs to regular defeats just to keep them within the bottom portion of the league standings. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Time to put the Habs in the rear view mirror!:
    [QUOTE]Turn Versus on or set your DVR to record "NHL Overtime" at 11PM.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

You bet.  Supposedly Habs got 3PPs in the first and Ruff was very upset screaming at the refs and then things changed.  Sabres took liberties on the Hab players.

Seems Kaleta was being his regular pain in the Azz .  Supposedly he's the one that hurts .Halpern

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Kaleta like a one man recking crew.

Myers playing possessed -- Hammered one of the Habs on the boards then cross checked him 3 more times in succession with no call. The Habs always get those calls -- have to admit -- this time they really should have gotten the calls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

I don't wish for or rejoice at injuries to opposing players, but that said:  Bury the bassturds!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

typical Bruins fans says  
    -we depend on other teams injured players to make the playoff
    typical Habs fans says
    -we got to work harder even whitout are best player(Markov & Cammalleri) to get in the playoff

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I thought the typical Hab fan said "We've lost one game in a row! GET RID OF THE GOALIE" No? My mistake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I thought after a loss the typical Hab fan attempts to set police cars on fire and tries to fight strippers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the typical Hab fan said "We've lost one game in a row! GET RID OF THE GOALIE" No? My mistake.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

This from the fanbase who couldn't wait to drive Tim Thomas to the airport last July?

Boston has a golden opportunity here, depending on the severity of injuries, especially since the Bruins are playing well. This is a tough run of the schedule for the Bruins...@LA, @ Colorado, and hosting Dallas and enigmatic San Jose...not to mention a home and home with Detroit and a game with the Habs over the next 3 weeks. The Habs schedule isn't nearly as challenging over the next 3 weeks, but with the injuries, who knows what they'll be able to do. If the Bruins can keep up the high level of play with that schedule they have a chance to put up a 10-point or more lead in the division. We'll see....we're heading to crunch time in the regular season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to put the Habs in the rear view mirror! : This from the fanbase who couldn't wait to drive Tim Thomas to the airport last July? Boston has a golden opportunity here, depending on the severity of injuries, especially since the Bruins are playing well. This is a tough run of the schedule for the Bruins...@LA, @ Colorado, and hosting Dallas and enigmatic San Jose...not to mention a home and home with Detroit and a game with the Habs over the next 3 weeks. The Habs schedule isn't nearly as challenging over the next 3 weeks, but with the injuries, who knows what they'll be able to do. If the Bruins can keep up the high level of play with that schedule they have a chance to put up a 10-point or more lead in the division. We'll see....we're heading to crunch time in the regular season.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    I certainly do not wish an injury on any of the hab's players....but you have to admit..there wouldn't be a whole lot of sympathy from their fans if it were the other way around. It will be tough for the hab's thats for sure , and Price will have to play that much better....do I feel sorry for them.....absolutely not!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Lets face it, the Habs somehow get wins (maybe getting the chincey calls all the time because they are such a small, weak team).  I really dont know how, I look at their lineup and cant put my finger on a single guy thats a game changer.  They have a bunch of mediocre players who might have been decent at one point or might be at some point, but they over-achieve regularly.  They win games by the skin of their teeth.  Look at their goal differential:  They are tied for 5th worst in the entire East in scoring and only 2, COUNT THEM - TWO, teams in the West have scored less, making them 23rd in scoring.  Only 7 teams in the entire league have score more goals than the Bruins.  If it wasnt for Price playing his A S S off this year, the Habs would be cellar dwellers, and even with him they are struggling.  Theyll be LUCKY to get in the playoffs.  Rangers, Carolina and Atlanta all have a real chance of passing them.  Hell, Florida could even pass them.  Im NOT saying the Bruins are the best in the league, but for crying out loud Hab fans, the Habs arent even CLOSE to the best.  I loved watching all the idiot fans standing last night after Buffalo won it.  They were holding their "CH" jerseys up, shaking them and yelling like they had won.  My wife asked if they thought they won it because theyre so used to the league giving them games.  I thought that was pretty funny coming from someone who doesnt really follow hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

[QUOTE]typical Bruins fans says   -we depend on other teams injured players to make the playoff typical Habs fans says -we got to work harder even whitout are best player(Markov & Cammalleri) to get in the playoff
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez???  Couple of Americans are your "core"???

HOW EMBARRASSING

I can take one look at their faces and know that they don't have what it takes to be a winner.  Couple of softies representing Montreal, and then there's Hal Gill.  Life as a Bruins fan is A-OKAY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you know it burns every habs fan that a US born player is their captain. hopefully gionta(rochester,ny) leads this team into the cellar. we are fellow new yorkers so i wish him no ill-will...but the habs are another story- they are my reoccuring childhood nightmare

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

First: 1/4/2011
    Last: 1/19/2011
    you know it burns every habs fan that a US born player is their captain. hopefully gionta(rochester,ny) leads this team into the cellar. we are fellow new yorkers so i wish him no ill-will...but the habs are another story- they are my reoccuring childhood nightmare

??????????? no one cares were they come from..its Canada here not USA...of course we would prefer a local but,Gionta is a hell of a warrior!

and btw bigvig, no one give us a game we earn them all...so childish

guess wich team beat Boston 3 time this year?....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I never said "no one give you game", I said SOMEHOW you win BARELY, maybe because of poor officiating because the Habs are a small, weak team, which you cant dispute.  They are small and cant play physical, FACT.  They are dominated in physical games, but they also get TONS of really questionable calls in physical games, another fact that isnt an opinion.  Watching last nights game was an AWESOME feeling, watching them run around and cry about the calls, something they do every game, but last night it didnt work and they lost to a poor team in Buffalo, who played them physical and took over the game at the end because of it.

If you want to talk hockey and facts, Ill do it all day long.  If you want to believe the Habs are a great team and "earn" ever win, twist my words, etc., dont bother.  Youve not going to convince anyone on this board who actually watches and understands hockey that the Habs dont get the calls the majority of the time.  Did they beat the Bruins 3 times this year, yup, and there were MANY bad calls in those games and the Bruins are STILL in second with 3 more points in 1 fewer game.  Youd think the Habs would be ahead of the Bruins after taking 6 points from them.  If it werent for those 3 games the Habs would be WAY back, huh.  Bruins would still have 58 points (one was an OT loss) and the Habs would only have 50 and be in 9th behind Carolina. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

so what??there's a big conspiration pro - Les Canadiens?? (i think Bettman was behind JFK and 9/11 too!!!lol)
    Yes we're smaller team but faster and speed frustrate lots of slow player that cannot follow ,so hooking,tripping and other good call are made mostly because of it.
    and no i dont think we've got the best team in this league,actually i kind of miss big guys and toughness but hey, l'a real fan and i'll stick with my team...still 3-0 against B....was bettman behind those 3 too?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GahdenBoy. Show GahdenBoy's posts

Hey Kordic,

Does Denis Lemieux check spelling and punctuation on all of your posts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyazTXDqiZw

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to put the Habs in the rear view mirror! : This from the fanbase who couldn't wait to drive Tim Thomas to the airport last July? Boston has a golden opportunity here, depending on the severity of injuries, especially since the Bruins are playing well. This is a tough run of the schedule for the Bruins...@LA, @ Colorado, and hosting Dallas and enigmatic San Jose...not to mention a home and home with Detroit and a game with the Habs over the next 3 weeks. The Habs schedule isn't nearly as challenging over the next 3 weeks, but with the injuries, who knows what they'll be able to do. If the Bruins can keep up the high level of play with that schedule they have a chance to put up a 10-point or more lead in the division. We'll see....we're heading to crunch time in the regular season.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

As Roler said the other day, the Bs are turning the corner.  Their issue is a matter of consistent play. With Savard's play improving and Horton playing aggressively, the team should get better.  I believe the Canadein will do fine for a couple games and will have to play more conservatively thereafter.   Outside of Markov (Gill?), the defense could tighten up.   Price will be the key to the play given those circumstances.If they can maintain .500 hockey the Bs will not be that far ahead Kennedy.  Maybe Gomez will find his game?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

If the reports I heard this afternoon are accurate about Cammalleri being out for up to 4 weeks, his loss will certainly hurt the Habs but not sink them.  They're a resourceful and industrious team that will proceed as usual until arguably their top gun returns. 

Other than those Montreal supporters who interlope on these boards, I'd like to think most Bruin fans realize the Bruins club is good enough to not need injuries to opposing players to make any gains.  They can do on their own. 

Guaranteed there were no tears shed in Montreal last year when Lucic, Savard, Stuart, Seidenberg and others were out of the lineup for extended periods nor should there be.  However, if injuries do take their toll on rival teams in the form of losses, thereby assisting the cause of other clubs, so be it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]you know it burns every habs fan that a US born player is their captain. hopefully gionta(rochester,ny) leads this team into the cellar. we are fellow new yorkers so i wish him no ill-will...but the habs are another story- they are my reoccuring childhood nightmare
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Considering the number of Canadian players on the Bruins and the number of American players on the Habs, the whole US/Canada stuff is ridiculous.

Sections
Shortcuts