Time to recall Jordan Caron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Re: Time to recall Jordan Caron?

Helsinki! lol. They play hockey in Helsinki ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

Helsinki! lol. They play hockey in Helsinki ?

What?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

He was the only Bruins since Bobby Orr to win a Stanley Cup almost single-handedly,

Vezina, Conny Smithe and the Stanley Cup in the same year.

Probably the best goalie in the the Bruins history.

Possibly his jersey removed  after his retirement.   And you think he hides behind a team.   You say anything!!!

And I'm polite!!

If I was not, I'd say you have a hole in the head.

Wow, the legend of Tim Thomas.

That Cup victory was a total team effort.  Thomas played awesome.  Let's not get silly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That Cup victory was a total team effort.  Thomas played awesome.  Let's not get silly.

I guess TT also outscored Van 23-8 in the finals as well?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Look at points per minute played. Trust me, his numbers would rise with better linemates and competition. You're not alone on this one. My scout pal agrees with you on this. He tells me that Caron took a step back for some reason. He said Caron looked like he may have been playing hurt because he was only a shadow of himself. I'm not saying that he was injured BTW, only that he was surprisingly worse. And not to pull the scout buddy card but he and I have often discussed the concept of guys who's skill sets translate better to the pros. He said that as a pro scout, half his job is to figure out which players those guys are. He needs to find NHL talent wasting away on other teams AHL clubs. Would McQuaid fit the bill as another who has upped his game in the NHL?

With players like McQuaid, it gets a bit muddy.  Is he playing better because he's in the NHL, or is he playing better because his skills are improving overall?  Tons of guys start in the AHL and move to the NHL.  It's not to say that they weren't doing well in the minors but are in the NHL, but that their skills matured and grew.

This is what I don't see from Caron.  I can't even tell you how many times I've seen him play for Providence, partly because I've see so many Providence games it's borderline stupid, and partly because he's a non-factor often.

It's 100% true that I've been down on this guy since they called his name and he took over two minutes to get to the stage (Chowda hates that I use that against him), but as a B's fan, I'd much rather be wrong here than right.

I just don't think I am.

Hate is not a good word. Bewildered would be better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm with NAS on this one. I've never seen it with Caron. I can see his skill set fitting a 3rd line mold, but the dude just doesn't have it. I've seen nothing in his game that suggests he can handle the puck like an NHL regular. Frankly, I think Thornton is better at handling the puck. He's not absurdly slow, but he's pretty slow. If you're not going to be a big power forward (Lucic, Horton), you better move. And he can't skate with those two. I don't see him throw his "big" (210 isn't big, in my eyes) body around very often. He's strong on his feet, but he doesn't throw guys off the puck and he doesn't really use it well.

I just haven't seen him do anything that would merit me thinking that he needs to move up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It's 100% true that I've been down on this guy since they called his name and he took over two minutes to get to the stage (Chowda hates that I use that against him), but as a B's fan, I'd much rather be wrong here than right.

I just don't think I am.

Hate is not a good word. Bewildered would be better.

Nas would prefer it look more like the Price Is Right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I'm with NAS on this one. I've never seen it with Caron. I can see his skill set fitting a 3rd line mold, but the dude just doesn't have it. I've seen nothing in his game that suggests he can handle the puck like an NHL regular. Frankly, I think Thornton is better at handling the puck. He's not absurdly slow, but he's pretty slow. If you're not going to be a big power forward (Lucic, Horton), you better move. And he can't skate with those two. I don't see him throw his "big" (210 isn't big, in my eyes) body around very often. He's strong on his feet, but he doesn't throw guys off the puck and he doesn't really use it well.

I just haven't seen him do anything that would merit me thinking that he needs to move up.

We are not talking to replace Lucic or Horton. But just to replace Bourque or Pandolfo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I been reading a lot of people saying replace Bourque for Caron. I dunno why not just replace Thornton for Caron? Don't get me wrong I like Thornton, but he really hasn't done anything this year since after the fight with Scott. Get rid of a goon for maybe another shot at getting a goal? Who knows maybe Caron and Bourque could have great chemistry, maybe its the missing peice that he needs.......(all in theoritics) just saying thats all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think we all know that come playoff time Bourque jr. will be watching games from the press box, i'm guessing Jordan Caron will too. The player that will be playing the 3rd line left wing is not here yet.Where PC gets him from is anybodies guess as witnessed by the threads on this forum, so while we wait for the guaranteed trade to happen, we as fans will have to watch Bourque,Pandolfo, Caron,Tardif,Spooner or whoever holds that spot until the eventual savior gets here.After what i've read on here as possible replacements, Clarke Macarthur anyone?, i can't wait to see who it is but believe me when i say, it will not be Chris Bourque or Jordan Caron.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Look at points per minute played. Trust me, his numbers would rise with better linemates and competition. You're not alone on this one. My scout pal agrees with you on this. He tells me that Caron took a step back for some reason. He said Caron looked like he may have been playing hurt because he was only a shadow of himself. I'm not saying that he was injured BTW, only that he was surprisingly worse. And not to pull the scout buddy card but he and I have often discussed the concept of guys who's skill sets translate better to the pros. He said that as a pro scout, half his job is to figure out which players those guys are. He needs to find NHL talent wasting away on other teams AHL clubs. Would McQuaid fit the bill as another who has upped his game in the NHL?

So far, after eight games with zero goals and one paltry assist, Caron isn't playing better in the NHL than in the AHL.

So much for this idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Either way you slice it it was the right move calling up Caron. you want Bourque back? i think not!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Either way you slice it it was the right move calling up Caron. you want Bourque back? i think not!

So far, he's done absolutely nothing.

How can you say that is the right move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's what it is all about, a little child whining about another AHL lifer never coming back. Caron is here because Julien and Chiarelli like him more. Defensively he is better and he takes the body more, Bourque can't play right now in the AHL cause he can't take a hit, just like he performed in the AHL.

This is all about an idiot being mad about another loser.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

SanDog, chasing NAS around the board with this garbage is really old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

So is listening to nas state an opinion as fact considering his loose grasp for any of the game's technical aspects. San I much more enjoyable in fact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I have to agree with Book.

Been chased and have done the chasing for long periods of time. And in the end what did it accomplish ? From my experiences ? Would acting like an idiot be the appropriate answer ? 

Yes, I was.........to go along with my chasee/chaser.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

dez, I have no idea what you're talking about but people state opinions as fact on this board all the time, and defend them just as zealously as NAS, but very few of them are the target of threads or on-going chasing as regularly as NAS.  Right now shupe is saying no one should question whether or not age is catching up with Iginla because he's a notoriously slow starter.  He's a lock for 30 goals (if this was a normal season). No one's chasing him around for stating opinion as fact, even though you see people in the media saying that GMs are concerned that Iginla isn't fast enough to be an impact player anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

That's what it is all about, a little child whining about another AHL lifer never coming back. Caron is here because Julien and Chiarelli like him more. Defensively he is better and he takes the body more, Bourque can't play right now in the AHL cause he can't take a hit, just like he performed in the AHL.

This is all about an idiot being mad about another loser.

Notice that I didn't say Bourque should be called up?  Nope.  You just take someone else's thoughts and apply them to me.

Error.

Expected.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"but very few of them are the target of threads or on-going chasing as regularly as NAS."

There was a thread started, targeted right at me and GOAT recently by him. I've never started a thread targeted at another poster, ever I wouldn't do it. As far as chasing GUILTY no doubt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dez, I have no idea what you're talking about but people state opinions as fact on this board all the time, and defend them just as zealously as NAS, but very few of them are the target of threads or on-going chasing as regularly as NAS.  Right now shupe is saying no one should question whether or not age is catching up with Iginla because he's a notoriously slow starter.  He's a lock for 30 goals (if this was a normal season). No one's chasing him around for stating opinion as fact, even though you see people in the media saying that GMs are concerned that Iginla isn't fast enough to be an impact player anymore.

Book,it's because shupe doesn't say that anyone who disagrees with him are fried or out of their minds. It's because shupe doesn't routinely start attack threads and chase posters for months on end if he feels slighted. It's because shupe usually knows what he's talking about. It's because shupe doesn't start threads with titles like,"I can't take it anymore" when he doesn't like the current subject matter on the forum. It's because shupe doesn't question why people need to use numbers when judging a player like Nash and then turn around in the very next thread and proclaim a 3rd liner to be a bust because he's only got 1 point. These are just some of the reasons shupe gets treated in a different manner. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Book,it's because shupe doesn't say that anyone who disagrees with him are fried or out of their minds. It's because shupe doesn't routinely start attack threads and chase posters for months on end if he feels slighted. It's because shupe usually knows what he's talking about. It's because shupe doesn't start threads with titles like,"I can't take it anymore" when he doesn't like the current subject matter on the forum. It's because shupe doesn't question why people need to use numbers when judging a player like Nash and then turn around in the very next thread and proclaim a 3rd liner to be a bust because he's only got 1 point. These are just some of the reasons shupe gets treated in a different manner. 

Well, there is a clear admission of a double standard.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I got really angry with the GOAT "Ding, Ding" call out thread is what happened. Good natured posters like GOAT stop by every once in awhile and was made to look like a fool for no reason.

Your right it does need to stop.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I got really angry with the GOAT "Ding, Ding" call out thread is what happened. Good natured posters like GOAT stop by every once in awhile and was made to look like a fool for no reason.

Your right it does need to stop.

But you see, that wasn't about Goat.  He's fine.  He's fun.  It was about the showcase threads that come up every year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Well, there is a clear admission of a double standard.

Did I claim otherwise? Obviously I treat different posters in different ways. Ask Badhab how he gets treated. I give him more digs than just about anyone because he's good natured and has thick enough skin to take it. I give shupe grief all the time for the similar reasons but mostly because he's so deserving. Mainly though, the reason I give anyone the business is because I'm a jerk.  I'm well aware of it. It's a character trait I'm not proud of but also something I won't deny. one thing you won't see me do though is start threads complaining about the subject matter in other threads,regardless of whether I liked a soon to be free agent, fantasy hockey, or the term showcasing. I won't tell other posters that the terms they use are "gay". There's many a reason for that but the main one is that I stopped using clever terms like that when I left elementary school. So we're both jerks. That can be established in seconds but I can go on all day about our differences.  Yes,there's a double standard. I guess another difference is that I already knew that.