Time to sit Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Time to sit Thornton

The Bruins will need more scoring going down the stretch and it seems the 3rd and 4th line will have to score more goals with 13 games left. Shawn has not been effective lately and has not been his fighting self since losing to Scott of the Sabres and there has not been to many involving the Bruins as they move toward the playoffs.

The Bruins could use more skill on the 4th line and keep Shawn if they deem it proable they need some toughness in the their line up. A good 4 line scoring team is better than than just an energy line eating up minutes.

In this a short season, scoring is most important coming from all lines and sorry Shawn you don't score too much. The Bruins haven't had much scoring from these lines and if they can get a player like Soderberg or Spooner to help score than go for it .

This is just an opinion and I know some grit is needed but you have to know when and how to be better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Re: Time to sit Thornton

If you will notice Chia did not trade for another GOON like Thornton.  They traded for a good player who does not drop his gloves everytime he's checked like the GOON thornton.  Don't sit him, go all the way and get rid of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

when you start looking for your fourth line to provide scoring, you know you're in trouble....

Thornton's a good role player and needed to keep the so-called "goons" on the opposition honest....

he must be doing something right, he's been on two cup winners....

why not call out Campbell, Thornton's got more goals than him and never sees pp time.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..only 2  more bouts than campbell this year. his spot more valuable with shortened season. If he doesnt dance in the toronto game, whats the point?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

when you start looking for your fourth line to provide scoring, you know you're in trouble....

Thornton's a good role player and needed to keep the so-called "goons" on the opposition honest....

why not call out Campbell, Thornton's got more goals than him and never sees pp time.... 

Can I get one single example this season in which Thornton stood up for a teammate or was in a fight that wasn't staged?

Campbell is a well skilled defensive player.

Thornton is a washed up joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As much as he is an easy target, he is a team leader and should be in the line-up "most" nights. Hard to quantify that impact, but I think it is real.  When the B's are playng teams absent a true heavyweight, CJ should sit him. 

Habs would be a good example for a night off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

As much as he is an easy target, he is a team leader and should be in the line-up "most" nights. Hard to quantify that impact, but I think it is real.  When the B's are playng teams absent a true heavyweight, CJ should sit him. 

Habs would be a good example for a night off.

i agree with this....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Can I get one single example this season in which Thornton stood up for a teammate or was in a fight that wasn't staged?

Campbell is a well skilled defensive player.

Thornton is a washed up joke.

I sure as heck remember Orr running everyone.  I also remember him asking Neil if he meant it.  Ive said it before but if we are gonna have a clown i want him crazy train clowny.  I would take Orr over ST in a minute.  Orr is nuts and wont ask if you meant it.  Kaleta knows this.  So does rene bourque.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I sure as heck remember Orr running everyone.  I also remember him asking Neil if he meant it.  Ive said it before but if we are gonna have a clown i want him crazy train clowny.  I would take Orr over ST in a minute.  Orr is nuts and wont ask if you meant it.  Kaleta knows this.  So does rene bourque.  

Rinaldo too last week. Running around with no fear....this has to stop or we will eventually have another Savard situation on our hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Rinaldo too last week. Running around with no fear....this has to stop or we will eventually have another Savard situation on our hands.

I don't think it's that extreme, JM.  Cooke's hit on Savard wasn't due to a lack of toughness on the Bruins.  That was a f'ed up play by a f'ed up man. 

They won't stop being checked, but they certainly check back.  Maybe that new Czech will help them with their checks?  LOL OMG ROTFL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I don't think it's that extreme, JM.  Cooke's hit on Savard wasn't due to a lack of toughness on the Bruins.  That was a f'ed up play by a f'ed up man. 

They won't stop being checked, but they certainly check back.  Maybe that new Czech will help them with their checks?  LOL OMG ROTFL

lol....I know but if the enemy starts to feel no fear they will amp up the aggression. ST is supposed to be the deterrant and he clearly is not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Never has been!  He's too "The Code" to worry anyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Best part (?) is that he is signed through next season....yes!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Best part (?) is that he is signed through next season....yes!!

Contract buyout?   It will never happen but it should be looked at.  clowns are easy to find.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Contract buyout?   It will never happen but it should be looked at.  clowns are easy to find.  

Yeah but I think he is one of CJ's boys....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah but I think he is one of CJ's boys....

Thats why it will never happen.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bingo...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

He serves a purpose on the 4th line. Cj is stubborn. He's not gonna play a rookie that's a projected 3rd liner or higher on the 4th line. there isn't anyone in the system that can replace him right now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

He serves a purpose on the 4th line. Cj is stubborn. He's not gonna play a rookie that's a projected 3rd liner or higher on the 4th line. there isn't anyone in the system that can replace him right now. 

Replace what?   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pilons cost money Shupe.....you think that orange cones pay for themselves?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They sure do.  Nashville pays $2M/yr for Hal Gill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They sure do.  Nashville pays $2M/yr for Hal Gill.

At least its a big pilon.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

4th line people... The B's 4th line has chipped in a few goals this year--Thronton included.   The line has played extremely well 5-on-5.  Thornton has been a big part of that success.  While the line may not be scoring all the time, they are playing a lot in the other team's zone, producing some scoring chances, and making the simple plays.  What does not go on the stat sheet is that when their line changes, it is often after this 4th line put pressure on the other team. 

For those of you that continue to rag on Thornton, why don't you become Redwing fans??  They try to play with 4 "skilled" line players while the other team takes liberties on Datsyuk and Zetterberg with no recourse.  The Wings continued to get pushed around.  B's are a lot tougher than the Wings and harder to play against. 

The unjustified resentment against Thorton is getting old. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

4th line people... The B's 4th line has chipped in a few goals this year--Thronton included.   The line has played extremely well 5-on-5.  Thornton has been a big part of that success.  While the line may not be scoring all the time, they are playing a lot in the other team's zone, producing some scoring chances, and making the simple plays.  What does not go on the stat sheet is that when their line changes, it is often after this 4th line put pressure on the other team. 

For those of you that continue to rag on Thornton, why don't you become Redwing fans??  They try to play with 4 "skilled" line players while the other team takes liberties on Datsyuk and Zetterberg with no recourse.  The Wings continued to get pushed around.  B's are a lot tougher than the Wings and harder to play against. 

The unjustified resentment against Thorton is getting old. 

what does ST have to do with this so called success. He cant skate, hit and doesnt fight when its extremely obvious.  I agree that the ST bashing is old.  But ST is not needed anymore.  The only thing ST does well is stay on longer then any of his linemates which drives me mental.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Fighting aside, I think he has played quite well this year....and has been a good complement to Paille and Campbell.  4th line has played well, right?????   He has kept up with Campbell and Paille in my estimation.  I have not seen too many things he has done negatively...and has scored a few goals to boot.  Don't forget that he only gets about 6+ min of ice time per game...whaddya expect?