Time to sit Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Time to sit Thornton

In response to seobrien's comment:

Well, we'll find out soon enough if/when Kelly comes back. I don't hate, Thornton as he's played his role well. I am however tired of his always being late to a check or driving out of his lane to try and crank some guy into a corner (and never getting there). In the past he has been a valued piece to a puzzle, right now that piece doesn't fit.

Honestly, I'd think most of us would be just fine with a Campbell/Paille/Daugavins 4th line.

I think that line that you proposed offers some skill, solid dzone play and the ability to use speed and forecheck.  I like that line.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

the original poster, BrunoD i think, was asking for more skill on the fourth line....

You are correct and you are right.  Sorry 'bout that!  The fourth line shouldn't be looked upon for lighting the lamp.  Good defensive forwards (Paille, Campbell) are perfect for those slots. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

NAS/shupe- I hear you and don't disagree.  But it is a bit of "hate the game, not the player", right?  You two are brutal on ST, guy is just doing his job, and seems to do it better than most. 

Also should keep in mind that he gets 8 minutes per game.  To constantly attack him is a bit of nibbling on the margins, as if 8 minutes of Jamie Tardif makes a material difference?  I am with you guys in that I would like to see the team's best guys see increased minutes and very ok if that happens at ST's expense.  Also, would like to see CJ put ST in press box on night's where the other side has no heavyweight.

I am not in the locker room, assume you guys are not either, but ST seems to be a pretty important guy there.  I don't know how you quantify that, but the organization seems to value it.  Would you agree? 

Crowls, this has been addressed above.  I'm not sure why you keep asking/saying the same things.

No need for Tardif to play on the fourth line.  We sure are lucky Marchand did, however.  If there isn't anyone in Providence that could benefit from eight minutes a game in the NHL, then the organizational depth/drafting needs a harder look.  We all know this to be true.

I don't know Thornton or care to.  It doesn't change my opinion that the fourth line winger position that he fills could be used for something more than staged fights and bouncing on the bench.

Agree to disagree on ST's value both professionally and to the team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

i just guess that some on here would prefer instead that guys like Chara & Looch go toe-to-toe against the likes of John Scott....  whether we like it or not, fighting still exists....  

ask them if they consider Thornton to be a "clown"....

again, when you start to expect scoring from your fourth line there's something terribly wrong.... 

Who's asking for goals from the fourth line?

Why else would you replace him then? Our 4th line plays the 4th line role very well. Chia and CJ see value in ST. What value does your replacement have that would be greater than the perceived value assessment by Chia and CJ? My money is on their judgement, pretty good track record.
    As Days keeps saying, what more do you want from a 4th line?

I agree that he should be sat in the press box by times. And that he should lose 3rd period shifts sometimes. But he must have significant comparitive value if everyone on the Bs seems to vouch for his value.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

If you will notice Chia did not trade for another GOON like Thornton.  They traded for a good player who does not drop his gloves everytime he's checked like the GOON thornton.  Don't sit him, go all the way and get rid of him.

He has been playing 4th line quality play.... If you think he is just a goon, you must not be watching the same games...

Peverly and Pandolpho are more of an issue than Thorton...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to TrogdorZing's comment:

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

If you will notice Chia did not trade for another GOON like Thornton.  They traded for a good player who does not drop his gloves everytime he's checked like the GOON thornton.  Don't sit him, go all the way and get rid of him.

He has been playing 4th line quality play.... If you think he is just a goon, you must not be watching the same games...

Peverly and Pandolpho are more of an issue than Thorton...

If your going to tell someone to watch the same game, you have to at least spell one of the three players you mentioned names correctly. Not an English teacher or the grammar police by any means, but 3 for 3 when it comes to names spelled wrong deserves a call out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Why else would you replace him then? Our 4th line plays the 4th line role very well. Chia and CJ see value in ST. What value does your replacement have that would be greater than the perceived value assessment by Chia and CJ? My money is on their judgement, pretty good track record.
    As Days keeps saying, what more do you want from a 4th line?

I agree that he should be sat in the press box by times. And that he should lose 3rd period shifts sometimes. But he must have significant comparitive value if everyone on the Bs seems to vouch for his value.

I'd like to see the fourth line winger slot used to give guys from Providence some NHL experience.  What?  No one there is good enough?  Do a better job drafting!

What more do I want from the fourth line?  Campbell and Paille do a great job.  Thornton just twirls around out there, out of position, doing next to nothing.  I want more than an empty jersey that interrupts games for staged fights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Agree to disagree on ST's value both professionally and to the team. 

[/QUOTE]

Considering Thornton has stuck around the Bruins this long, your opinion is not alone.

Sections
Shortcuts