Time to Talk Trade(s)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Time to Talk Trade(s)

In Response to Time to Talk Trade(s):
    [QUOTE]I would love to try and pry Patrik Elias from NJ.  He's a 34 year old LW with 2 years remaining after this at $5m cap hit per.  Pure goal scorer with 35 pts in 46 games on a real bad team withiut Parise feeding him.  He does have a no movement clause, so this discussion could be moot.  I think the Devils would take Ryder ($4M expiring) to make the numbers work.  Add a decent pick(s) and a chip like Wheeler (playing better, but ceiling isn't much higher, but could be?)  Wheeler's $ added in would even gain us some space.  Any thoughts?
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

Good player, not worth $5mill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Well he would bring a veteran/Stanley Cup winning presence. The idea of him, Krejci and Horton on a line, if they found chemistry, would be the best line Boston has seen in a long time.
    However, it won't happen, knowing PC's history of not making splashes at the trade deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

From the Devils, I would prefer to get David Clarkson.  He is about $2.7M and has 2 more years on his deal (thru 2012-13).  He is having a terrible year, but still leads the Devils in hits (100) and PIMs (87).  Last year he was 11-13-24 in 46 games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I was wrong.  Elias' hit is actually $6M for this year and the remaining 2.  $$$$ still works.  $6M for a scoring LW for Ryder ($4M and desirable expiring contract) and $2.2 for Wheeler (RFA).  We could move an early 2nd rounder, which wouldn't hurt us that bad, in that we have a lot of picks and our system is pretty well stocked.  In all hoesty it would realistically cost us our own 1st rd pk and I'd still do it!!!!!!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

What is it 6 or 7 weeks left till the trade deadline ? Alot of time yet for NJ not to throw in the towel, besides the trade deadline for them works better, and for the Bs, well its in there best interest to find a scoring winger now. I would not deal away wheeler, maybe its offense has gone missing but his D, PK and speed are always a threat, give this kid one more year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Could we do everything/anything possible to acquire Parise from the Devils?  This guy is EXACTLY what bs need.  A grity, skilled winger who wants it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Talk Trade(s):
    [QUOTE]Could we do everything/anything possible to acquire Parise from the Devils?  This guy is EXACTLY what bs need.  A grity, skilled winger who wants it!
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    That would be cool no doubt.  Maybe Boston's first+Ryder+Hamill and if we need to get rid of more salary a player like Stuart with his contract expiring like Ryders

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Talk Trade(s) : That would be cool no doubt.  Maybe Boston's first+Ryder+Hamill and if we need to get rid of more salary a player like Stuart with his contract expiring like Ryders
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]
    You'd more likely have to start with Boston and Leafs #1 plus Wheeler and Caron or Sauve in order to pry Parise out of NJ.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

A package for Parise would be well worth it. Try to picture Bergy-Marchand-Parise on the same line. Or Horton-Krecji-Parise! Lucic-Seguin-Parise!!!
    If it costs us our first pick, a combo of youngsters, Ryder and/or Wheeler, I would seriously consider it.
    We have the strenght up the middle, solid goaltending and decent D. We need some goals from the wings!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

What can we get for Stuart, Boychuk, Wheeler, Ryder, Horton, Next year Bruins first round pick?? 

Could we even get a wannabe all star player back trading all of these guys?

Whatever it takes , we need a guy on offense who knows how to put the puck in the back of the net and PP QB that can help our deadful PP.  Our season will go down to waste once again if we don't

CJ is not a favorite of mine, but with the Talent he has so far, it feels like he has squeezed the best out of them to get us to where we at now. He needs help and prayer to get past the 2nd round 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Everyone has been been asking Lou about Elias but he publicly declared he would not waive is NMC.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

apparently from some of these Nhl trade websites, Joni Pitkanen and Drew Stafford are available (Buf will prob not trade to a division rival, but you never know)

I would love to get both in our lineup. I hate when we play Buffalo b/c Stafford always seems to be scoring multiple goals against us. Pitkanen also would help our PP unit alot. 

To Buf: Bruins 1st round pick, Zach Hamill, Mark Stuart
    To Bos: Drew Stafford, 2nd round pick

To Car: Wheeler and Boychuk
    To Bos: Joni Pitkanen and 2nd round pick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I wouldn't do anything that might help Carolina make the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't do anything that might help Carolina make the playoffs.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    As long as Boston is there(and Toronto isn't)I don't care who else makes the play-offs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

I think people here aren't taking into account the price we'd have to pay to unload Ryder's deadbeat $4 million onto them.  In order to get a player of value back, we have to pay for that player's value, PLUS the burden of Ryder's brutal contract.  There is no selling franchise looking to finish out the year with that weight, unless they are paid handsomely for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think people here aren't taking into account the price we'd have to pay to unload Ryder's deadbeat $4 million onto them.  In order to get a player of value back, we have to pay for that player's value, PLUS the burden of Ryder's brutal contract.  There is no selling franchise looking to finish out the year with that weight, unless they are paid handsomely for it.
    Posted by FerenceONpoint[/QUOTE]
    You're acting like Ryder has time left on his deal.The rest of this season is far from being an unmoveable  contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

isn't Ryder about half way thru the 4 mil, making it a 2 mil move?? Also , when is the trade deadline? I thought 2/28 was a target date??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Talk Trade(s) : You're acting like Ryder has time left on his deal.The rest of this season is far from being an unmoveable  contract.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Still -- Teams aren't out there looking to do us any favors.  Everyone in the league knows how valuable cap space is to us.  We'd have to pay for that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Talk Trade(s) : Still -- Teams aren't out there looking to do us any favors.  Everyone in the league knows how valuable cap space is to us.  We'd have to pay for that.
    You could be right but I think he's moveable enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

If you want Parise, you'd have to start with Seguin or Tor's 1st.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

[QUOTE]If you want Parise, you'd have to start with Seguin or Tor's 1st.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

That would be the end as well IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Talk Trade(s):[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Talk Trade(s) : Still -- Teams aren't out there looking to do us any favors.  Everyone in the league knows how valuable cap space is to us.  We'd have to pay for that.

Dez me thinks what FOP is saying is PC would have to include a pick with Ryder to get rid of him. Another poster pointed out that as long Julien is here Glyder stays unfortunately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Talk Trade(s) : You could be right but I think he's moveable enough.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

He's moveable enough, but only to a contender that has 1.5ish in cap space, or a similar piece to offer up.  No one outside the playoff hunt would be interested.  Me thinks Ryder's been pretty good this year.  The big thing with him is salary vs contribution.  If he scores 25, and has a decent playoff, there could be plenty of interest in him next year at around 2.6.  Non contenders can, and will wait til he can be had for free.
    I don't like any trade scenario's that include losing 4 current roster players at this time of the year.  Too much change with too little time to make those pieces fit the mold....too much potential to hurt moral and chemistry.  

Question.  If Savard is out for the rest of the regular season, but is available for, say round 2 of the  playoffs, could the B's aquire someone at the deadline(using Savards cap hit), and still play both players if Boston goes deep?

It would seem the league would squash that, but.... the cap hit is based on regular season payroll.  Everyones paid up by game 82.  Any thoughts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

As someone mentioned above, I would love to see the B's make a play for Parise.  I think he is a restricted FA in the offseason so an offer sheet play could be the move.  Trade and sign is probably best to keep other teams out of the RFA mix.  Give up the farm... Whatever the Devils want to make this happen.  He will immediately be the best player on the team.  How bout this;

Krejci or Horton, Wheeler or Marchand, Boychuck or Stuart, and a draft pick?

Get it done!

Sections
Shortcuts