Time to use Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Time to use Providence

Call up Caron and use the four centers on the team as centers.

Easy solution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Providence suxs. Last place in the AHL. Any talent is already in Boston. Time to get Miroslav Satan's phone number

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

If it's determined that Savard isn't coming back for a while or this season, PC will bring a guy up. Will likely be Caron.

With Marchand moving to the Bergeron line though it could be anyone since the role will likely be a 4th line energy role (unless you move Wheeler to the 4th). Looks like Marchand's going to stay on the Bergeron line. Krej-Luc-Horton stay together. Leaves Wheeler-Seguin-Ryder.

Wheeler is needed on the Seguin line since he's the only one on that line that can play in the defensive zone.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

MCGRATTON.....kidding

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Time to use Providence:
    [QUOTE]Providence suxs. Last place in the AHL. Any talent is already in Boston. Time to get Miroslav Satan's phone number
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]
    They aren't in last but don't let facts stop you from saying something stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cj will use Thorn on top line and add McGratton to 4th.

Sauve is the speed we need, Caron the getup.

Luc      Krej   Hort
    March  Berg   Recc
    Wheel  Camp  Ryd
    Sauv   Seg   Caron anything is worth a try.

Sit Pail and Thorn.  This needs to be done, too bad Cj is just too stupid to realize it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : They aren't in last but don't let facts stop you from saying something stupid.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I dont think anything can stop that Dez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Yup .. time for Jordan Caron to make a name for himself. 

Any other possibilities?  Joe Colborne?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : actually they're tied with Springfield and Bridgeport Sound in the cellar with  44 points.
    Posted by lucfan[/QUOTE]

Actually they are not because they have a game in hand.  Plus you are not mentioning the 6 teams in the other divisions with less points.  They are only 4 points out of the playoffs with 2 games in hand on the 4th place team and are 6-3-1 in  their last 10. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Sauv   Seg   Caron anything is worth a try."

I would love to see that N0.4 but they would get manhandled in the corners in both ends but the counter attack would be fun to watch. Oh the Bruins with that kind of speed oh how fun next season we'll see Sauve and Seguin together hopefully Terry Murray will be the coach because he knows how to coach the counter attack watched it all last night live.

Yes GOAT we'll probably see Witfield before long :shakehead:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

don't argue orr. lucfan and nash said they were in last, so they are in last.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I rather have Caron than Horton, Wheeler , Ryder and Paille in the lineup

PC should bring him up. I mean he has beat Paille for the last forward spot beginning of the year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]Call up Caron and use the four centers on the team as centers. Easy solution.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

makes the most sense, and is the most obvious solution...but it won't happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't forget Hamill. All written reports tend to show that Hamill is playing quite well. Keep Wheels on the 4th line and move Campbell in between Ryder and Seguin. Of course getting rid of Wheels, Paille, Boychuck or Stuart might allow Caron and Hamill to come up, and if they need a sniper they can bring up Arneil who is better prepared than Sauve at this point. Colborne needs to stay in center as he develops.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]                 "Sauv   Seg   Caron anything is worth a try." I would love to see that N0.4 but they would get manhandled in the corners in both ends but the counter attack would be fun to watch. Oh the Bruins with that kind of speed oh how fun next season we'll see Sauve and Seguin together hopefully Terry Murray will be the coach because he knows how to coach the counter attack watched it all last night live. Yes GOAT we'll probably see Witfield before long :shakehead:
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sandog, i was going to say that.  I remember last year CJ and others saying you could not bring up Marchand et al because they did not have enough NHL experience.  Why, cause CJ likes the positonal players even without talent. Like your Youth Line.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget Hamill. All written reports tend to show that Hamill is playing quite well. Keep Wheels on the 4th line and move Campbell in between Ryder and Seguin. Of course getting rid of Wheels, Paille, Boychuck or Stuart might allow Caron and Hamill to come up, and if they need a sniper they can bring up Arneil who is better prepared than Sauve at this point. Colborne needs to stay in center as he develops.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    I agree with giving Hamill a shot even though it would cause chaos in the forum.If he performed well it would turn some people's world upside down and if he failed it would be a barrage of I told you so's coming from all sides.Bottom line is that he's 22 years old so I can't imagine he's peaked as a player.But if he has we can find out in a relatively short amount of time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Sauv   Seg   Caron anything is worth a try. Sit Pail and Thorn.  This needs to be done, too bad Cj is just too stupid to realize it.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I like this idea for the short term... if we're to have any shot at a Cup this year, these guys will either have to catch fire or we need to make a few moves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/01/25/arniels-late-all-star-selection-more-reward-for-hot-p-bruins/#more-13397

Good article on Arniel....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bogie Sauve is scoring at a better clip than Arniel despite missing games to his injury.

Arniel is improving his play big time and I like him, but Sauve has that game break status and his numbers have always been better than Arniels.

Caron already proved he can handle the corners. A 2-1 of Sauve and Seg would be superfast and fun to watch if Cj allowed it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

I serioulsy doubt the Bruins will bring up the likes of Sauve, Colbrone or Arniel this year unless other catastrophic injuries occur to the big club.  It's more likely that these guys get traded to bring in verteran or up and coming already in the NHL talent.

In case you haven't been watching the Bruins under the Claude regime don't exactly give young players much of a chance and when they do they limit their ice time and responsbility.

The only guys down there likely to be given a shot are Caron and don't laugh but Whitfield (sad but true) because both have already been up with the big club.  Claude is not going to press management to bring up young guys he doesn't trust, nor will he play, for a playoff push or for the playoffs themselves. 

Um anyone notice yet that the guy with the most upside of any prospect we have in Seguin isn't exactly being utilized to his greatest potential yet? However we are going to bring up Colbrone, Sauve, Arniel, etc...

Nope.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I serioulsy doubt the Bruins will bring up the likes of Sauve, Colbrone or Arniel this year unless other catastrophic injuries occur to the big club.  It's more likely that these guys get traded to bring in verteran or up and coming already in the NHL talent. In case you haven't been watching the Bruins under the Claude regime don't exactly give young players much of a chance and when they do they limit their ice time and responsbility. The only guys down there likely to be given a shot are Caron and don't laugh but Whitfield (sad but true) because both have already been up with the big club.  Claude is not going to press management to bring up young guys he doesn't trust, nor will he play, for a playoff push or for the playoffs themselves.  Um anyone notice yet that the guy with the most upside of any prospect we have in Seguin isn't exactly being utilized to his greatest potential yet? However we are going to bring up Colbrone, Sauve, Arniel, etc... Nope.
    Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]
    Haven't you noticed the rookies CJ is already giving significant time to.If a guy has proven worthy of responsibility,CJ will give it to him.I think it only took Kampfer 2 games(or was it 2 periods)to earn CJ's trust.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Haven't you noticed the rookies CJ is already giving significant time to.If a guy has proven worthy of responsibility,CJ will give it to him.I think it only took Kampfer 2 games(or was it 2 periods)to earn CJ's trust.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Not the same.  Kampfer played 4 years of pro style hockey at Michigan, brings a skill set the Bruins desperately lack (d-men who can skate, make a first pass and carry the puck) and most importantly they had injuries on defense. Not to mention the fact Kampfer was leading the P-B's in +- and I believe points when he was called up.

Not sure if you've seen any Providence Bruins games but there is no one down there even close to being as ready as Kampfer to play significant minutes on the blue line at the NHL.  Unless the Bruins made a trade to bring someone else in, Claude had no choice but to go with Kampfer due to injuries.

Outside of the circumstances that lead to Kampfer's promotion CJ has never given significant ice time or responsbility to young players.  Not his style. Never has been, never will be.  Defensive and responsible play is his style and simply doesn't trust rookies or young players unless he's forced to.  The only other exception I've seen to this rule lately is Caron however CJ was limiting his ice time to virtually special teams and management thought he'd benefit more from significantly more minutes in Providence. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Not the same.  Kampfer played 4 years of pro style hockey at Michigan, brings a skill set the Bruins desperately lack (d-men who can skate, make a first pass and carry the puck) and most importantly they had injuries on defense. Not to mention the fact Kampfer was leading the P-B's in +- and I believe points when he was called up. Not sure if you've seen any Providence Bruins games but there is no one down there even close to being as ready as Kampfer to play significant minutes on the blue line at the NHL.  Unless the Bruins made a trade to bring someone else in, Claude had no choice but to go with Kampfer due to injuries. Outside of the circumstances that lead to Kampfer's promotion CJ has never given significant ice time or responsbility to young players.  Not his style. Never has been, never will be.  Defensive and responsible play is his style and simply doesn't trust rookies or young players unless he's forced to.  The only other exception I've seen to this rule lately is Caron however CJ was limiting his ice time to virtually special teams and management thought he'd benefit more from significantly more minutes in Providence. 
    Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]
    How about Marchand having his role increased?Hamill has played a few years of pro.Why would CJ be afraid to try him again?CJ claimed to be impressed with him after his 1st NHL game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cj flaps his jaws just like he did in saying players have to step up and score.

He says, the obvious to everyone else, well after the fact. This has been ongoing, a few have carried the team and now we are in trouble again.

Why, are we in trouble, with Sav gone, whether you realize it or not, teams are more relieved when they come to play the B's, they become an easier team to defend.

Cj was desperate when Kamp came, we were closing in on 500 hockey and playoffs were looking bad. Was it a coincidence, he came and we started to score and win big, who knows, but Kamp got the playing time thereafter.

Had he given March any more than 4th line duty consistantly last year, March would have likely been there last year.

Watching the preseason play of Sauve, I thought he was our most explosive rookie if not player, he seemed to fly on every shift, he is what I want to see.

Yes, we all know it will be more likely be Caron sparingly, with a dose of Whitfield.

Just Maybe Cj still has enough fear for his job that he will break his norm and use the youth over the steady deadies, wouldn't that be a shocker.

Sections
Shortcuts