Timely Saves

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Timely Saves

Those of us who have played the game know what it means...

Pretty sure Andy Brickley knows what he is talking about.

Is timley hitting in baseball a media spewed term?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Quite possibly the most overrated phrase IMO is "the vulnerable minute"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Timely Saves:
    Those of us who have played the game know what it means... Pretty sure Andy Brickley knows what he is talking about. Is timley hitting in baseball a media spewed term?
    Posted by kelvana33

I played the game for 13 years. I was never a superstar and many guys including Brickley know a hell of a lot more about hockey then I do.  I played defense, I never skated off the ice after my line had given up a goal, particularly in a close game, and thought that it was okay.  I love Brick except when we are on Versus but I still don't understand what these guys mean when they say this.  I think more often then not they are talking about tough saves in a close game I just don't think timely is the proper term.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Actually the 2 goal lead is commonly referred to as "the most dangerous lead in hockey"..which is what was said....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I would say a "timely save" would be one where the goalie makes a great save and immediately after that, his team goes down the other end and scores.  So without the save, his team doesn't score.  That's "timely".

Sections
Shortcuts