Timmy is Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Timmy is Done

Sorry, TT lovers, but the sooner we get him gone the better.  Why?  He's not hungry any more.

He won a Cup, and that was the thing he's been after all along.

In the playoffs he fell back to Earth.  When the B's lost the 7th game, he was smiling, as in, "Great -- now I can relax." 

The old Timmy would have been spitting fire about the Knuble interfererence.  The new Timmy "took the high road" in post game interviews and didn't complain.

Time for him to retire.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Timmy is Done

I'd like to recommend to the group that this post is unworthy of actual response/debate. Unless, of course, Ergotal is Timmy's licensed therapist or priest and he has actual confessions to stand behind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

shenanigans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I only want to comment on the Knuble interference. I thought Knuble running TT was the reason that goal went in. I was surprised they didnt call it Goal tender interference or man in the crease....Two penalties and not one was called.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Rask being hurt down the stretch really didn't help tt. He still has a yr or 2 in him but should still be moved

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Timmy is Done:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to recommend to the group that this post is unworthy of actual response/debate. Unless, of course, Ergotal is Timmy's licensed therapist or priest and he has actual confessions to stand behind.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

or Ergotal is PC in disguise....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What brings out the most idiotic clowns? A Cup or a first round defeat? I'm starting to think the first round defeat because I don't recall this many stupid threads when they won.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Can we get the spelling right?

Ergoetal.

Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

In response to "Timmy is Done": [QUOTE]Sorry, TT lovers, but the sooner we get him gone the better.  Why?  He's not hungry any more. He won a Cup, and that was the thing he's been after all along. In the playoffs he fell back to Earth.  When the B's lost the 7th game, he was smiling, as in, "Great -- now I can relax."  The old Timmy would have been spitting fire about the Knuble interfererence.  The new Timmy "took the high road" in post game interviews and didn't complain. Time for him to retire. . Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE Do you still have the same fire when you hand fries out the drive-thru window now as you did your rookie year? Maybe you should retire. TT played a great game on Wednesday. Two poor clearances did him in. Looch and the 3rd period terriorist Pouilet. TT played more than the wanted down the stretch with Anton injured and Turco ineffective. Don't bank on a big Tukka signing. If it was a sure thing why hasn't it been done? Now the Bs will have to match the high bidder. Tukka wants to be the #1 and that won't happen in Boston for at least one more year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What a troll. Never heard from during the season, and now is an ex pert. Maybe he's reading Hags latest, and fluto's speculation, without realizing, or knowing that they are both trolls

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm all for moving Timmy for a solid player....I think that Teddy Purcell is the perfect fit. I think that Tampa would do the trade, and I think he'd fit in perfectly with the Bruins. He stepped his game up huge in last year's playoffs, and I think he was very good on the PP (granted, he probably played with Stamkos, but he had more points than anyone on the Bruins).

By keeping Timmy, you:
    Get nothing in return
    Likely disgruntle Tuukka, and force him to be "the future" for longer than he wants, and possibly force him out of town if they don't hand him the reigns by the end of his contract (if they even get him to sign one this offseason).
    Put all your eggs in next season's basket, assuming Timmy's game falls off like most 40 year olds, and risk losing Tuukka.

By trading Timmy, you:
    Get a solid player/prospect/draft pick.
    Allow Tuukka and/or Khudobin to thrive, and make them more likely to sign long-term.
    Maybe not give the B's the best chance to win next year, but instead give them a better chance to win for the next 5.

It's hard enough to win the Cup; I think we, as Bruins fans, know that. To put all your eggs into next season's basket is a bit silly to me, given the odds of taking home Lord Stanley.

Tuukka has something like a .925 SV% and 2.20 GAA for his career.....I think he's ready. The more he plays, the better he is.
    Khudobin doesn't seem too bad, either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

In response to "Timmy is Done": [QUOTE]Sorry, TT lovers, but the sooner we get him gone the better.  Why?  He's not hungry any more. He won a Cup, and that was the thing he's been after all along. In the playoffs he fell back to Earth.  When the B's lost the 7th game, he was smiling, as in, "Great -- now I can relax."  The old Timmy would have been spitting fire about the Knuble interfererence.  The new Timmy "took the high road" in post game interviews and didn't complain. Time for him to retire. . Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE] He got schooled by the rookie in this series

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm not saying he played poorly.....I'm merely saying that I think it's a business decision that they have to make.

To say that "he was schooled by the rookie" is kind of ridiculous, considering that his team didn't play as well defensively against him, he allowed one more goal, and guess what? Neither of them shot the puck on each other!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

And all I'm saying is that he didn't come flying out of the crease and into the ref's face when the goal was scored.  I'm guessing he didn't have the fire that he had last year.

And I don't blame him, for that matter.  Take me -- after a few hundred thousand McDonald's fries, I've lost a little, too.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

AHHHH, nothing like a bunch of newbies, to get the 'old ignore button' finger, loosened up :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

Ahh, knew this would happen. Pls trade tuuka for what it's worth and get what you can for him. Or just leave it how it is Timmy then Tuuka. Tuuka is not a # 1, just try it. Hate him there great back up and that is all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]And all I'm saying is that he didn't come flying out of the crease and into the ref's face when the goal was scored.  I'm guessing he didn't have the fire that he had last year. And I don't blame him, for that matter.  Take me -- after a few hundred thousand McDonald's fries, I've lost a little, too.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

LOL....  what would that have solved. The refs called it a goal on the ice and it cannot be reviewed. 
    You wanted him to go all Lundqvist on the refs ?
    The difference is the Rangers had one more game and the complaining tantrum could set the tone for the next game, Thomas had no next game .

What you should look at is his reaction in his interviews. Never once did he blame it on interference and that I can respect more than the tantrum you wanted him to do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I guess the thing that bugs me most is how he's been calling the rest of the team "They", and it hasnt' been just one instance. He seems to be sort of disconnected from the rest of them. Yeah, he defended it with some BS about how "he wants to give credit to his teammates", even though he clearly said something along the lines of "they just couldn't get it done".

Frankly, I just don't see the same guy who was him looking up at the world and saying "Pshhh...I've got this". Instead, I see a guy who's looking down at the world and saying ".....vermin".

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]I guess the thing that bugs me most is how he's been calling the rest of the team "They", and it hasnt' been just one instance. He seems to be sort of disconnected from the rest of them. Yeah, he defended it with some BS about how "he wants to give credit to his teammates", even though he clearly said something along the lines of "they just couldn't get it done". Frankly, I just don't see the same guy who was him looking up at the world and saying "Pshhh...I've got this". Instead, I see a guy who's looking down at the world and saying ".....vermin".
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

You've been reading/listening to Haggs/Felger too much.  DJ Bean a writer for WEEI specifically asked Thomas about such comments and then put the entire response in his column. 

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/dj-bean/2012/04/27/glimpse-tim-thomas-future-and-his-pronouns

In essence Thomas was trying to credit his teammates and state how proud he was to have not only played with them through this season but to have won last season with them.  Said it was like one long season. Bean has also stated via twitter that the logo thing is something he sees very often in the locker room from players, staff and media alike.

As for Thomas' other actions such as his "pauses" before answering questions.  Wouldn't you pause before answering a question if you knew that no matter what you said it was going to get spun against you by some media folk with an agenda?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Bean column was complete and obvious. Peter may want to keep Timmy, but the right deal could initiate movement. The decision is Peter's

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

At the end of the story, he says:

“I was happy that even though we lost, I was just happy that they were there and we were able to share the experience.” 

Guys, he was smiling all over the ice.

My point is only that TT is not a classic style goalie - -  his succes depends largely on his passion and desire.  I'm saying that he didn't show the same passion he showed last year.  I think he's done here.  He proved what he had to prove, so time for Tukka.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Nice, another troll who says the same thing in every post.  Quite the talent evaluator too, naming himself after a flash in the pan 2nd baseman who got DFA'd a few months into the 05 season.

Sections
Shortcuts