timmy thomas best goalie in bruins history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler

y is it pstrs w only 1 thng 2 say or r really dumbie or really drnk always pst like ths?

u all r data entry clerks and tt will win cup by hmslf. udder team wil di fum exhstn shtng on hm & tt wil scr goals u wil c.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We have the best goalie tandem we've had since Moog and Lemelin, we're only four games into the season, and TT has a 0.667 GAA, and we're talking about trades? Or who should be our starter in the playoffs? Already? With 78 games to go in the season? Seriously?

Can't we just enjoy the games and the fact we have two great goalies for once? Is it impossible to ask that people just enjoy the ride and the fact we have two keepers with Vezina potential in the crease? It's almost like saying we have two horses who could finish one and two in the Preakness, but that doesn't  matter unless they tie for the win in the Kentucky Derby.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler:
    Thomas wasn't terrible last year at all. His numbers were very good. He was just not as good as his Vezina year and so his detractors use that against him. Now we know TT had some back problems as well as the hip injury he was dealing with most of last year but peeps still won't give him a break. He has more than proven himself in the league. If he stays healthy he'll have an excellent shot at another Vezina and B's fans will still be screaming to trade him to save cap space. You can bet the Caps are slapping their foreheads that they didn't trade for him. They won't win again this season. Meanwhile, the popular Rask is the one who is not yet proven. He petered out last Spring and had one bad start so far this year. If his next start is like his first then all the "trade TT" talk will die down real fast. But I'm rooting for Tuukka too. The B's goaltending is the envy of the league.
    Posted by niftybear
    I wouldn't say that Rask is unproven.He did have a very good year,overall.Sure he had some hiccups in the playoffs but because it was his first year,you do have to cut him some slack.I think both goalies will play well this year but Rask is going to be hard pressed to unseat Thomas as the no.1 if TT's first 3 games are any indication of where his play will be at. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Being showcased?  lol.  Yeah let's put in Tim Thomas who has let in 2 goals on 90+ shots NOT TO WIN GAMES... but to showcase him to other teams so we can trade him.   It's not about winning games.  It's about trading players right?  Idiot.
    Posted by amazinglarry

Yes being showcased. Do you not realize there is a salary cap in the NHL? Do you not realize that eventually Sturm & Savard will be back?

Yeah it is great that Thomas is playing well & has a GAA just a bit higher then that Nitemare dude's IQ. But Chia has to think about what is best for the longterm interest of the team. If a market opens Thomas should be dealt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

Re: timmy thomas will be league mvp

timmy thomas getting his job back was never in doubt and the playoff loss of the century last season was on Rask not timmy. best bruins goalie ever and none of this cheevers nonsense had timmy been the goalie during the bobby orr days the bruins would have won at least four cups

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

he almost had a shutout against the caps but at least he got an assist on their goal. nice flopping to try and stop the goal after the dumbest pass i've ever seen a goaler make.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy will win the vezna for best goaler in the league and he also will wins the overall league mvp its just to bad the goofball idiots from icemanz board like ye old winesock and data entry clerk are off hiding on their own board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from grima23. Show grima23's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas will be league mvp:
    timmy will win the vezna for best goaler in the league and he also will wins the overall league mvp its just to bad the goofball idiots from icemanz board like ye old winesock and data entry clerk are off hiding on their own board.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

can timmy thomas  win  2 vezinas ? maybe, then are we talking  hall of fame ???   wow that would  be crazy  !!   go get them tim  shock them all  !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

+     +  = Newfiebullet. wheatskins & Yaz 16 They obviously all share the same brain! That's what happens from inbreeding right Newf?
    Posted by nitemare-38

Since you are a - nite "mare" - are you hankering to be bred?
    Take your pick: there are three of us.

Nitemare - you have no brain. That is without word of a lie!
    I never thought I'd come a cross a Bruin fan without a brain - I was wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Wow, two cluesless peas in a pod. The only trouble is, newfie was schooled by big,and wheat backed up newfies disproven points. Rask and Seguin are the future. Neither have proven to be the present at this time.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

Who died and made you a Professor?

Just watch how they play the game. If you don't get it, Newfie and I will be happy give you a few pointers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

yaz, youre clueless and talking out your butt when it comes to their playoff records.  Just look at the number of games played and number of goals allowed.  Im sure youll come up with something that says otherwise (we know it wont be facts), but here are THE stats:

Thomas

2007/08  7 games, 3 wins 4 losses, 19 goals, 221 saves, .914s%, 2.65 gaa
    2008/09  11 gms, 7 wins 4 losses, 21 goals, 1 SO, 323 saves, .935s%, 1.85 gaa

Rask

2009/10  13 gms, 7 wins 6 losses, 36 goals, 409 saves,  .912s% , 2.61 gaa

Tuukkas numbers are similar to Timmys in 07/08 when the Habs bumped them out in 7 and a lot of people were blaming Thomas for the loss, yet when Tuukka was up in game 7 of the Philly series last year, 3-0, he blew it and NOBODY blamed him.  Also, when Timmy was knocked out in the second round, he let in 21 goals in 11 games.  Last year Tuukka let in 15 more in only 2 more games, only 86 more shots total.  Even if you look at AHL stats, Timmy has the definitive edge.  If you REALLY want to compare stats, Tuukka doesnt fair well at eny level against Timmys numbers.

Im NOT dumping on Rask, I think he has a lot of potential, but WHAT exactly makes him the goalie of the future, potential only?  He is young and really not proven on any level.  Where does all the love come from, hope?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Its a little early to be saying he's going to win the Vezina again this year.  No doubt Thomas has shown he can play on every level (wish he had of been given a chance in the NHL at an earlier time).  If things stay on track lets just say for the sake of argument he does win another Vezina, he should go into the USA HHOF no doubt, I dont know about the big one in Toronto.  I think 2 Vezina seasons at his age would be incredibly impressive, but there are some serious names in the big show.  Now, if he did it this year while posting 10+ shutouts and some incredible stats, it could be arguable, but its FAR too early to even talk about this stuff really.  Ive deleted my post from this thread 3 times this morning because I dont want to jinx him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

A streaky goalie won the Vezina?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Rask carried the team on his back into the playoffs last year vs TT had great team support a few years ago

Thomas faced a lowly candiens in the first round and then gave up some real bad goals vs hurracaines in the 2nd round. The game winning goal was horrific to see (fundamental point of view), as he tried to poke the puck away and got scored on instead. These kind of behaviours is what make thomas brilliant but also suspectable to bad goals. In playoff hockey i like to have steady goaltending

Rask had one bad game , which was that game he let 5 goals in. Otherwise he was solid and gave the team a chance to win every game (Even though he was screened most of the time).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Rask carried the team on his back into the playoffs last year vs TT had great team support a few years ago Thomas faced a lowly candiens in the first round and then gave up some real bad goals vs hurracaines in the 2nd round. The game winning goal was horrific to see (fundamental point of view), as he tried to poke the puck away and got scored on instead. These kind of behaviours is what make thomas brilliant but also suspectable to bad goals. In playoff hockey i like to have steady goaltending Rask had one bad game , which was that game he let 5 goals in. Otherwise he was solid and gave the team a chance to win every game (Even though he was screened most of the time).
    Posted by yaz16

You are  correct sir. Thomas is a streaky goalie who is going through a hot streak right now. But we have all seen this movie before. TT lovers can't get over the fact that writing is on the wall. Rask is the future & I believe the present.

I love the fact that Thomas is playing well. Him raising his trade value is vital to the Bruins attempting to move him & help there cap problems. Once again you have some posters who have blinders on. If they don't realize that Rask being the # 1 is inevitable then they are fooling themselves.

Thomas' start may convince a team like Ottawa, Philly to take a huge gamble on him. Let him keep playing & get showcased because when the wheels fall off it gets pretty ugly. Hopefully the Bs move him before that because if he gets cold chances of moving him & that albatross contract will be tough. This is all considering Thomas waives that ridiculous NTC that Chia shelled out.

Play THomas tomorrow too. Keep the showcasing going.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

timmy thomas getting his job back was never in doubt and the playoff loss of the century last season was on Rask not timmy. best bruins goalie ever and none of this cheevers nonsense had timmy been the goalie during the bobby orr days the bruins would have won at least four cups
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

You're obviously a young child if you think TT is the best bruins goalie ever.He's no Gilles Gilbert or even Pete Peeters so enough of the nonsense.I suppose Halak is better than Dryden was too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Yaz16, if they don't get it by now - they never will. No sense even trying to make them see what is in front of their faces.

There are 29 other NHL GM's that will take Rask and Seguin in the blink of an eye.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

told you timmy thomas would be the starter i knew this before the season started but i see tons of timmy thomas posts now so better late than never from somes of you people lol.  whose laughing now olde winesocke and data entry clerk and icemntiz boards bahwwhahahahahaahaa

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

Re: shut out tonight for timmy thomas

In Response to Re: shut out tonight for timmy thomas:
    Thomas had better make sure that those tickets to Europe are round trip before stepping on that plane... Sheesh, either way -- I'm just glad that my Habs ain't stuck with a 4 year contract for a $20 Million Dollar backup...
    Posted by RMiller87

wouldnt trade trade either goalie 4 ANYBODY on habs roster

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

told you timmy thomas would be the starter i knew this before the season started but i see tons of timmy thomas posts now so better late than never from somes of you people lol.  whose laughing now olde winesocke and data entry clerk and icemntiz boards bahwwhahahahahaahaa
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Are you even a Bruins' fan?
    ALL your posts revolve around your man-crush on Thomas, and a couple of people that haven't posted on this board in years, unless under different names.
       You don't have to keep repeating yourself. We get it.
    Your in love with Tim Thomas, and you hate data entry clerks.
    Got it. Now, can we move on?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks Olsonic - I had a feeling that Tim's start must be some sort of record. Nice to know it actually is and to have the stats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He was unreal tonight. He was better than a earlier version of Hasek tonight. Made 5 highlight saves. I hope he can keep it up. Rask will do well on Sat. Bruins overall playing great as a team

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas will be league mvp : You should stop your love affair with Thomas. The Bruins wil never, EVER win a Cup with him. 5 per for a guy who bubble pucks from the blueline or worst, who let a 80 foot slappers come in. I can't wait to see another " Paul Martin's goal " in the playoffs and see how you will blame the ice, the defense, the offense, the coach or the fans for it...
    Posted by TheUsualSofty

hear hear !!!! the closest the round mound of rebound will get to the cup finals is when he buys a ticket to sit in the stands.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Posted by Kanes-Donuts

You should stop your love affair with Thomas. The Bruins wil never, EVER win a Cup with him. 5 per for a guy who bubble pucks from the blueline or worst, who let a 80 foot slappers come in. I can't wait to see another " Paul Martin's goal " in the playoffs and see how you will blame the ice, the defense, the offense, the coach or the fans for it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

"Im NOT dumping on Rask, I think he has a lot of potential, but WHAT exactly makes him the goalie of the future, potential only?  He is young and really not proven on any level.  Where does all the love come from, hope?"

Are you serious? What DID he do last year? He should have won the Vezina award. He was #1 in save percetange and GAA (playing over 40 games).

You keep talking about 3-0 lead vs Flyers in game 7 and he blew the lead. At least 2 of the 4 goals where via deflections.  The last goal was because of a dumb penalty for too many man on ice.

Potential? He is here already.

Sections
Shortcuts