timmy thomas best goalie in bruins history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler

He is not being showcased.He is playing because he is playing extremely well.Thus far ,the roles have been reversed,Thomas really didn't play that bad last year but everytime Rask got an opportunity he played well.Now  early on Rask has to sit.Rask will get his chance and I am sure will play well but the B's should keep playing TT until he loses a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

i told you before timmy thomas was better than marvin broduer and now you saw it again. say hello to timmy thomas bruins new starting goalie. Tuuka who? lol. i guess ye old winesocker and iceman boardz are doing the proberbial slow burn on this lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: shut out tonight for timmy thomas

You're really dancin' around the topics tonight...

I wish Halak all the best in St. Louis, but I doubt that he wins a Cup before Price does...

Most Hab fans that I know are very happy to have Lars Eller and Ian Schultz on the team...

Cannot wait to introduce Schultz to some of your Bruins in a couple years...

Who is John Davidson anyways ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He is not just being showcased you dummy. He is a good goalie in general. But the Bruins are in cap trouble. When trade deadline looms, pc at least has to think about trading him.

Listen when playoffs rolls around there is no switching between TT and Rask. Rask is a better bet in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CygnusX2112. Show CygnusX2112's posts

whos marvin broduer?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler:
    In Response to Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler : Thomas never won a second round of playoffs. Thomas was subpar in the playoffs. Name calling doesn't make your point more stronger...
    Posted by TheUsualSofty

Don't worry man, some of these dudes are going through their monthly pms.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler :    How about 3 nothing? In the first period! Remember that last game last year? The bruins are 3-1, and Thomas has had 3 good games. Why do some people insist trying to come up with something negative? Thomas is no good in the playoffs? Are you freaking kidding me?! What an idiot!
    Posted by biggskye

Thomas never won a second round of playoffs. Thomas was subpar in the playoffs. Name calling doesn't make your point more stronger...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

i was a timmy thomas booster since the day the bruins signed him and then he does what i expected and wins the vezina and all of a sudden all of you people are jumping on the band wagon so don't call me a fraud the real fraud is data entry clerk, olde winesock and all the other people hiding on icemantiz boards. its another vezina the playoff mvp for timmy t and stanley cup for the bruins this year
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

As Thomas and Rask themselves have stated, repeatedly, the Bruins need both their goalies to play, and play well, to be successful. There is no goalie "controversy," except in the minds of some fans. Thomas is Rask's biggest fan, and vice versa. I only wish their respective boosters would follow their example.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Thomas wasn't terrible last year at all. His numbers were very good. He was just not as good as his Vezina year and so his detractors use that against him. Now we know TT had some back problems as well as the hip injury he was dealing with most of last year but peeps still won't give him a break. He has more than proven himself in the league. If he stays healthy he'll have an excellent shot at another Vezina and B's fans will still be screaming to trade him to save cap space. You can bet the Caps are slapping their foreheads that they didn't trade for him. They won't win again this season.

Meanwhile, the popular Rask is the one who is not yet proven. He petered out last Spring and had one bad start so far this year. If his next start is like his first then all the "trade TT" talk will die down real fast. But I'm rooting for Tuukka too. The B's goaltending is the envy of the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

What a problem to have, huh?  Thomas playing very well, and Rask played so well last year.  I am almost tempted to keep both, if it werent for Thomas' huge cap hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He is being showcased. Most of you guys don't it. Rask is our #1 goalie.

I like Timmy but if we had to choose one today, Rask would be the guy. If a nice trade for Timmy is offered it would happen. For Rask, you better offer an elite player back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

In Response to timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler:
    timmy thomas gets the start tonight and will get a shut out so take that ye old winesap and iceboard morons lol. 
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

A reminder:

But my all-time favorite:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Yaz16 .. you must have missed quite a few softies let in by Rask in the Philly series.. or we were not watching the same games.. Rask got off light of blame for Bruins collapse.. He should have shouldered some of it.. Hindsight the loss of Krejci was the Bruins ultimate downfall but Rask was not too far behind... Rask never stole a game for the B's in that whole series... He did give up a 3-0 lead in Game 7 which to me is a killer on his playoff run .. Never should have happened ? a couple of them were weak .. Game 4 Bruins score 4 goals enough to win a game but Rask lets in 5 .. He let in 24 goals in the series..You call that amazing playoffs.. Sorry if Thomas was in net the haters would have had a field day.. Just sayin'!!

This year, new season and Bruins are the envy of the league with two solid goaltenders so lets enjoy and see how the season unfolds.. Still too early..Julien has not declared a solid #1 and why should he .. he knows he has a good thing going..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

TT let in some suspect goals during his playoff career. Vs Carolina a few years ago was he not shaky? Rask was amazing last year in the regular season and playoffs. He is positionally more sound and composed than TT. When TT lets in a goal or two , especially the kind where the opposing team gets the lead, he is not as good when the score is even or we lead. Rask is the same no matter at what juncture of the game. At the playoffs you need a guy like that more than someone like TT. You can't be always be leading 2 nothing I don't want to bash TT , i like him alot as a goalie and if we didn't have Rask, i like our chances with him. But the situation is that we do have Rask and he is a little better
    Posted by yaz16

How about 3 nothing? In the first period! Remember that last game last year?
    The bruins are 3-1, and Thomas has had 3 good games. Why do some people insist trying to come up with something negative?
    Thomas is no good in the playoffs? Are you freaking kidding me?! What an idiot!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler : Thomas never won a second round of playoffs. Thomas was subpar in the playoffs. Name calling doesn't make your point more stronger...
    Posted by TheUsualSofty

Thomas was subpar in the playoffs? You must be talking when he was in Finland, because he has a winning record in NHL playoffs.

THOMAS (2009) 7W 4L   1.85 GA   .935 SP   1 SO

RASK     (2010)  7W 6L   2.61 GA   .912 SP   0 SO

Now tell me some more about how bad Thomas is, in the playoffs.

Anyone that uses their screen name to insult a player, obviously has personal issues that makes rational discourse impossible.
    Or, is that just the wife's nickname for you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3 years left for the Vezina winner not 4 years 3Mil on the last year of the contract. Two more years for Price with the Montreal press and the fans booing his every bad goal all because they are too tight against the cap because of the Gomez trade.

John Davidson is laughing at Gauthier all day long on that one sided trade!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Well, lemme see now...

Price - $2.75 Million cap hit - 2 year contract...

Thomas - $5 Million cap hit - 4 year contract...

Yes, superior hockey intelligence...

Oh, but you posted a nice photograph...

Well, I'm convinced !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

i was a timmy thomas booster since the day the bruins signed him and then he does what i expected and wins the vezina and all of a sudden all of you people are jumping on the band wagon so don't call me a fraud the real fraud is data entry clerk, olde winesock and all the other people hiding on icemantiz boards. its another vezina the playoff mvp for timmy t and stanley cup for the bruins this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Well lets see:  Timmy let in 4 goals on the first 15 shots from one of the best teams in the league, then stopped the final 5.  Not great, obviously, but the guy hasnt played in HOW LONG?  PLUS he had surgery on his HIP this summer.  Lets cut him some slack for just 1 night, can we.

Better yet, lets look at these numbers and ponder why NOBODY else on this board calls this crap out:

Rask, who was the losing goalie last playoffs after letting in 36 goals in 12 games, lost the other night to a MUCH worse Panthers club who were down 0-2, then in the 3rd Rask allowed 2 goals on 9 shots, stopped 2 shots in OT and let in the first 2 in the shootout for the loss.  So, thats 4 straight goals on 13 shots after being up 2-0.

Why are people so blind to the stats?  Stats dont lie folks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Being showcased?  lol.  Yeah let's put in Tim Thomas who has let in 2 goals on 90+ shots NOT TO WIN GAMES... but to showcase him to other teams so we can trade him.  

It's not about winning games.  It's about trading players right?  Idiot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

just like i said timmy thomas will get a shut out in his first game hope you enjoyed rask last seasons because its timmys job now lol. so check the date of this thread and my posts you heard it hear first. so much for private boards and data entry clerk experts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

TT let in some suspect goals during his playoff career. Vs Carolina a few years ago was he not shaky?

Rask was amazing last year in the regular season and playoffs. He is positionally more sound and composed than TT. When TT lets in a goal or two , especially the kind where the opposing team gets the lead, he is not as good when the score is even or we lead. Rask is the same no matter at what juncture of the game.

At the playoffs you need a guy like that more than someone like TT. You can't be always be leading 2 nothing

I don't want to bash TT , i like him alot as a goalie and if we didn't have Rask, i like our chances with him. But the situation is that we do have Rask and he is a little better

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think CJ has a plan on doing what the Senators did in the late 90's. They had Damian Rhodes & Ron Tuggnutt. They were 1 & 1a goalies. I remember one of them getting back to back shut-outs. Martin started the other one in the 3rd game. He wanted both of them to play & stay fresh. In the play-off he went with the hot hand. One yr it was Tugger & the next it was Rhodes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Not quite a shut out eh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: shut out tonight for timmy thomas:
    Well lets see:  Timmy let in 4 goals on the first 15 shots from one of the best teams in the league, then stopped the final 5.  Not great, obviously, but the guy hasnt played in HOW LONG?  PLUS he had surgery on his HIP this summer.  Lets cut him some slack for just 1 night, can we. Better yet, lets look at these numbers and ponder why NOBODY else on this board calls this crap out: Rask, who was the losing goalie last playoffs after letting in 36 goals in 12 games, lost the other night to a MUCH worse Panthers club who were down 0-2, then in the 3rd Rask allowed 2 goals on 9 shots, stopped 2 shots in OT and let in the first 2 in the shootout for the loss.  So, thats 4 straight goals on 13 shots after being up 2-0. Why are people so blind to the stats?  Stats dont lie folks.
    Posted by bigvig

Why does it have to be one vs. the other for so many people? Why can't they realize the Bruins are a better team if both goalies play well? It's like freaking Animal Farm: "Tuukka good, Timmy bad!" or "Timmy good, Tuukka bad!" 

Sections
Shortcuts