timmy thomas best goalie in bruins history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

Re: timmy thomas will be league mvp

another shutout for this seasons mvp timmy thomas as americas team the bruins beats canadas team the leafs. tuka who? lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Great stat that was passed along this morning by ESPN’s Stats and Information department (the stat is courtesy of the Elian Sports Bureau): 

With his 2–0 victory against the Maple Leafs on Thursday, Tim Thomas became the first goaltender in NHL history to win his first five games of a season while allowing no more than one goal in each game. (Thomas’ goals allowed by game: 0–1–1–1–0.) He’s also only the second goaltender in Bruins history to begin a season with a winning streak of five games or more (regardless of the number of goals allowed). Hall of Famer Tiny Thompson won his first six games for Boston in 1937–38. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas will be league mvp:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: timmy thomas will be league mvp : You should stop your love affair with Thomas. The Bruins wil never, EVER win a Cup with him. 5 per for a guy who bubble pucks from the blueline or worst, who let a 80 foot slappers come in. I can't wait to see another " Paul Martin's goal " in the playoffs and see how you will blame the ice, the defense, the offense, the coach or the fans for it...
    Posted by TheUsualSofty[/QUOTE]

hear hear !!!! the closest the round mound of rebound will get to the cup finals is when he buys a ticket to sit in the stands.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: timmy thomas bruins new starting goaler

Right on, Newfie. Those that can't see that are fair-weather Bruin fans. There are a few too many on this board lately.

I suspect they will do the same with Savard, when he comes back. Both will be gone by the trade deadline.

The present and the future are both Rask and Seguin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: timmy thomas best goalie in bruins history

In Response to Re: timmy thomas best goalie in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]another win by timmy thomas as he beats the sabers and proves why hes the best goalie in bruins history another venzina on the way and a stanley cup and league mvp and play offs mvp. 
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]
    Maybe he'll win the scoring race too.I'll settle for the Cup.Best in Bruins history makes sense if you're 12 years old .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Wow what a start for Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!

0.60 GAA and a S-o tonight thru two

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to timmy thomas will be league mvp:
    [QUOTE]timmy thomas gets the start tonight and will get a shut out so take that ye old winesap and iceboard morons lol. 
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

Really?? Kind of early to be mentioning THomas & MVP. We have seen Thomas hotstreaks before. 7 games into the season & people are talking about him as MVP.

Also, people in general keep saying how Thomas loves to be the underdog & everyone underestimated him. Well from the way I see it Tuukka has been the underdog since his arrival. In 2008 he outplayed both Thomas & Fernandez in camp but was sent to Providence. A young goalie so I understood that one. It made sense.

In 2009 he had a good camp & was named the backup. That was fine. Thomas was the started & began to struggle. Rask came in & started rarely but was outstanding yet Thomas got start after start after start to "find his game" & then finally after Rask continued to play excellent & it was evident Thomas was not going to "find his game" he was finally given the ball.

Would everyone agree that Rask was given much less rope then Thomas was last year? Rask has only started 2 games this year. I realize Thomas deserves to play right now but good god I see such a different how both have been handled by CJ. It is pretty evident to me that Tuukka is the underdog here. Not Thomas. It is a long season bud. Don`t count Rask out yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to timmy thomas will be league mvp : Really?? Kind of early to be mentioning THomas & MVP. We have seen Thomas hotstreaks before. 7 games into the season & people are talking about him as MVP. Also, people in general keep saying how Thomas loves to be the underdog & everyone underestimated him. Well from the way I see it Tuukka has been the underdog since his arrival. In 2008 he outplayed both Thomas & Fernandez in camp but was sent to Providence. A young goalie so I understood that one. It made sense. In 2009 he had a good camp & was named the backup. That was fine. Thomas was the started & began to struggle. Rask came in & started rarely but was outstanding yet Thomas got start after start after start to "find his game" & then finally after Rask continued to play excellent & it was evident Thomas was not going to "find his game" he was finally given the ball. Would everyone agree that Rask was given much less rope then Thomas was last year? Rask has only started 2 games this year. I realize Thomas deserves to play right now but good god I see such a different how both have been handled by CJ. It is pretty evident to me that Tuukka is the underdog here. Not Thomas. It is a long season bud. Don`t count Rask out yet.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand this "TUUKKA vs THOMAS mentality that a small minority of posters have.
    As bruins fans, shouldn't you be cheering for the success of both?
    Newfie, are you really surprized a coach would handle a rookie goalie differently than a goalie coming off a Vezina season? Really?
    As for this season, if you remember, Rask was given the 1st start. If the team had actually played half-decent, and Rask had gotten a win, it could have been TT sitting on the bench.
    Thomas got his chance, and has played so great, that it has been virtually impossible for Julien to get Rask in.
    Tuukka will get his chance. He is too good a goalie not to play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]Its a little early to be saying he's going to win the Vezina again this year.  No doubt Thomas has shown he can play on every level (wish he had of been given a chance in the NHL at an earlier time).  If things stay on track lets just say for the sake of argument he does win another Vezina, he should go into the USA HHOF no doubt, I dont know about the big one in Toronto.  I think 2 Vezina seasons at his age would be incredibly impressive, but there are some serious names in the big show.  Now, if he did it this year while posting 10+ shutouts and some incredible stats, it could be arguable, but its FAR too early to even talk about this stuff really.  Ive deleted my post from this thread 3 times this morning because I dont want to jinx him. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I think if he does it all this year then he gets in. He needs to win the Vezina, win alot of games, playoff MVP,  and most importantly bring the cup home to Boston. Then he would be a lock for the big show.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Wow what a start for Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!! 0.60 GAA and a S-o tonight thru two
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]
    Umm are the fan of the Country of Canada, or a scabs fan? As a goalie, you NEVER mention the SO word before the end of a hockey game. Yea, it didn't matter tonite, but it happens A LOT!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

another win by timmy thomas as he beats the sabers and proves why hes the best goalie in bruins history another venzina on the way and a stanley cup and league mvp and play offs mvp. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As much as I love the B's & how much I think of TT. This is WAAYYYYY to premature to say this. Possible yes, but talking in absolutes after 6 games played by the guy is going a little overboard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: timmy thomas will be league mvp :    I really don't understand this "TUUKKA vs THOMAS mentality that a small minority of posters have. As bruins fans, shouldn't you be cheering for the success of both? Newfie, are you really surprized a coach would handle a rookie goalie differently than a goalie coming off a Vezina season? Really? As for this season, if you remember, Rask was given the 1st start. If the team had actually played half-decent, and Rask had gotten a win, it could have been TT sitting on the bench. Thomas got his chance, and has played so great, that it has been virtually impossible for Julien to get Rask in. Tuukka will get his chance. He is too good a goalie not to play.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Very good point BigSkye & I do realize it is best for both to play well & Thomas has been sensational to start the season.

My point was that I hear so much about how Thomas loves being the underdog when he is going well. Well considering he is very well compensated, has 4 yr deal with a NTC & was given every opportunity last year to find his game. The underdog arguement just doesn't cut it with me.

It may have been true when he first came to the NHL but the Bruins have been very good to Thomas over the years. They have certainly taken care of him. I just don't picture a guy the Bruins committed so much to over the years being considered an underdog.

With that said you are correct & it is great to see both goalies playing well. I guess it is up to Bruins management to decide if there is room for both.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Speaking of Canada, they mentioned on HNIC, that Chara became a Canadian citizen last summer.
    Am I the only one that didn't have a clue?
    It doesn't really mean anything (except to Chara & his family).They did say he cannot play for Canada during International events because of previously playing for his birth country.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsChef. Show BruinsChef's posts

Bruins Chefs TAILGATE GRUB RECIPE

Cheesy Roasted Puck Potatoes

4 Baking Potatoes
    2 Cups Italian Dressing
    4 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese

Bake or microwave baking potatoes at home until three-quarters done. Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Marinate in Italian dressing for 1 hour. Roll quartered potatoes in parmesan cheese and grill over indirect heat for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 4.

Sections
Shortcuts