timmy thomas for vezina and con smyth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: timmy thomas for vezina and mvp

Front-runner for Vezina for sure -- should be unanimous. Anyone who doesn't vote Thomas (as of right now) for Vezina is insane or has an agenda. Thomas should and will get some talk for the Hart but MVP will go to Crosby. Not only is he a bigger name (I know, shouldn't matter, but it does), but what he's done so far this year has been incredible and close to historic. Add in the fact that the world is dumping on Malkin, and it seems highly unlikely someone will beat out Sid.

Having said that, based on pure merit and what the Hart is awarded for, Timmy should be a real serious candidate, maybe even the winner. Without him, the Bruins would be sunk. And, he doesn't have 3 other all-star starters on his team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

DC
    I hear your line of reasoning, but i think thomas would win the hart right now, or be close.. fact is he is 18-4-5 on a team that has been mediocre at best, Rask stats rank him like 4th is svs% and mid pack in GA and hes 3-7..

The only way thomas would not win is the "I dont vote goales for hart, they have the vezina"..

Crosby has been great (no where near historic though) but thomas has honestly been better..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas for vezina and mvp:
    [QUOTE]DC I hear your line of reasoning, but i think thomas would win the hart right now, or be close.. fact is he is 18-4-5 on a team that has been mediocre at best, Rask stats rank him like 4th is svs% and mid pack in GA and hes 3-7.. The only way thomas would not win is the "I dont vote goales for hart, they have the vezina".. Crosby has been great (no where near historic though) but thomas has honestly been better..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    I have been saying this all year roler....this team right now has been mediocre at best! Thomas has bailed this team out time and time again! I hate to beat a dead horse...but where would we be in the standings without him? The guy gets my vote for Vezina by a landslide.....and by the amount of games he has single handedly won on his own, has to be one of the favorites for the Hart!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Roler, I think we're on the same page. Thomas should be a serious Hart contender and as of right now, probably should win, but I just don't have much faith in the voters to vote honestly.

I don't think the "I don't vote for goalies for the hart" is going to prevail, but something close to it. Thomas has been lights out and I'd probably give him my vote as of today (for MVP), but to the NHL and the press writers, the more interesting and sexy story is Crosby. Even though the Tim Thomas story should be a movie, it's easier to get caught up in offensive numbers over defensive ones (having said that, Chara over Green for Norris may suggest otherwise).

And Crosby has been great -- you have to give him that. 1st in goals and points, 2nd in assists. Focusing in on points, he's 10 points ahead of second place as of right now. And 2-3 are on the same team (TB, Stamkos and St. Louis) and 4-5 are on the same team (VAN, Sedins). Malkin hasn't been there and Sid gets even better -- by comparison, without help (Semin and Green = no shows so far) Ovechkin has dropped significantly. In terms of goals, Crosby is one ahead of Stamkos and 9 ahead of 3rd place (Sharp). From an offensive standpoint, he has been dominant. That is a fact and there's no other way around that.

So it comes down to: offense or goaltending (Crosby or Thomas). Given the star status of Crosby and what I feel is a bias towards offense (plus the "goalies have the Vezina" argument), I think MVP goes to Crosby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Crosby is passionate about everything.  He flat out wins the Hart, no question.  The bigger question is:  where the heck can we find a guy with his "heart" to bring us over the top??  Who on this B team can do what Sid does nite after nite with not really much of a supporting cast? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE] Who on this B team can do what Sid does nite after nite with not really much of a supporting cast? 
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear[/QUOTE]

As of right now, there is no one in the world who can do what Crosby does. Toews is the closest, but no where close. Throw Doughty into the mix in a couple of years, but still no where close.

This guy lived up to the hype. And the hype was HUGE when he was drafted. Good for him -- it takes a special talent with special personal characteristics to be that great and constantly improve. Truly a role model.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

DC-
    I think if your honest and vote on who has been the biggest help to their team.. its thomas hands down.. I dont think voters specifically say "i don't vote for goalies" but people do look at it as "goalies have the vezina"..

The fact remains, goalie is the most impactful position in this game, a goalie can steal a game far easier then a forward..
    And crosby has been great, no doubt, but pittsburg is a good team, where would they be with out crosby.. in the playoffs..

the same can not be said of the bruins at this point, there is a lot of season to go, but if thomas continuted to play at a record setting pace, plays 65 games and goes 40 - 12 - 13 with a 1.7 gaa and .950 svs.. and rask played at his current record (not that i expect it) but goes 6-11, you have to give it to thomas no?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree with Roler if the vote happened today Thomas would win both.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Right now I think Crosby gets the Hart and Tim gets the Vezina. However, looking at what players tend to value, I think TT will get the Pearson (or whatever they're calling it now - the Ted Lindsey?) And of course, so far he and Rask get the Jennings as well. So on stats and merit, Crosby gets the Art Ross and Richard, Thomas gtets the Jennings and Vezina, and the two battle it out for the two MVP awards. I think they split them, if the vote was held today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

yet another shut out timmy is the league leader in all stats categorys and is on his way to another vezina. i have been right about timmy thomas since the day he was signed so why dont the rest of you people i'm talking to you icemaniztz board snobs and data entry cler ksp57 admit you were wrong and give tt his credits.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Are you looking for Thomas to get credit, or are you searching for your own accolades for suggesting that the Vezina Trophy winner from two seasons ago is still a very good goaltender.

Mark my words:  Nik Lidstrom is a good hockey player.

Can I get an attaboy?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Nas,
    Its safe to say there are still many posters who do not believe thomas is a good goalie.. more who think his contract is to much, and ever more who think both and that rask should start no matter what..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Nas, Its safe to say there are still many posters who do not believe thomas is a good goalie.. more who think his contract is to much, and ever more who think both and that rask should start no matter what..

The entire hockey world has come around to the fact that TT is the best in the world right now. If you read anything outside of here (and MTL), you'll see that TT gets mega praise and is considered the Vezina favorite.

The ones who bash him here are trolls or have a football mentality, whereby an "older" player (Thomas) can go from star to shi* in a single season and a rookie (Rask), can emerge from nowhere to be a team leader.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Is it the league's most valuable player or one who is most valuable to his team? Too close to call for me. Either team without is in trouble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thomas for President

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nas, Its safe to say there are still many posters who do not believe thomas is a good goalie.. more who think his contract is to much, and ever more who think both and that rask should start no matter what..
    I don't think there are very many posters who feel TT isn't a good goalie.There may be some who don't like his style or perhaps even him as a person but,right now,it's impossible to argue that TT isn't a GREAT goalie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

thomas saves the day again the bruins left thomas to fend for himself and they still won the game next game penguins next start timmy thomas

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Every goalie that makes the NHL is a good goalie.  But, their value drops like a car.  One minute good goalie, next minute minors. It happens.  But I think to be a star goalie one must past the ttes of time.

Realistically TT could have been turned off by his lack of success and called it a career.  The Bruins gave him a chance and looky looky.  His career path isnt a usual one. 

Again, right now I think Sid wins the Hart and TT would get the Vezina.  Sid and his point streak was all that anyone was talking about.  TT #'s are staggering...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

This comes back to the Norris trophy, all the media wants the feel good story of Lids winning it because he is having a great year.

This is true but he is having it on a great team, scoring at a pace of 3 years ago. The truth is on a superior team, he has upped his numbers, but he has also dropped his plus minus, he is in danger of being a negative for first time in his career. He is even on a team plus 23. (Ference is + 18.)

You take his competition Byfuglien, same amount of points, has 16 Goals to Lids 11, they both have 6PPG, but Buf has 6GWG to Lids 1GWG. Buf is on a team that is even, yet he is at a +7 and leads his team in scoring. This is a popularity contest and Lids will likely win it on his past accolades (which are good), but he is not the best choice for Norris this year.

So it goes for TT, his numbers are better than Hasek put up when he won his first MVP in 1997-98, he was 33-23-13 2.09  13SOand .932 against
    Brodeur 43W-17-8 1.89 10SO and .917 first time he broke 40 wins, was below 2.00 and yet Hasek was MVP.

It is not who was better, Hasek had it given to him by the media that year by Christmas, much like Crosby has it this year.  TT would have to not lose another game to recieve it this year or Crosby to be out the rest of the season.

Hope well for Crosby, but I hope TT wins the MVP, if he does that bodes well for the Bruins and their playoff run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would rather TT win the Stanley Cup.  Individual awards are nice.  But I could care less if he wins the MVP and we lose in the 1st round. 

Right now you would be hard pressed not to give TT the Hart.  But...Crosby is the media darling...and he has had a great year as well.  Flip a coin.  Thats why there is a full 82 game schedule. 

And the Lidstrom debate will never get an argument from me.  How he continues his pace is unreal.  They say this could be his finest year.  If so he is a lock.  And the stats are similar.  But if you asked Buff he would be flattered to be in the same sentence.  Plus Lidstrom kills penalties something Buff doesnt get as much time doing. 

I guess we can wait and see.  Thats all we can do.  But again.  A long playoff run is more important than a few trophies. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

gee what do you know another shut out on the way for timmy thomas the vezina is a lock this season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

and as i predict over 2 hours ago timmy thomas earns the shut out this season will put timmy t passed cheever and mog on the bruins all time best goalers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

7th AND 8th player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You were making me nervous posting about a shutout for Tim before the game was over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I was worried when McQ got the stupid instigator penalty, bogus.  McQ had agreat game as well.