timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history

timmy thomas will win the hart for mvp no doubt
    http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110128/SPORTS/101280344

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]timmy thomas will win the hart for mvp no doubt http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110128/SPORTS/101280344
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

I agree. Ive said it many times but not 10x a day everyday for the last 2 weeks thats all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

well it was thomas at the allstar game not rask

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

talk about prisoner of the moment...kanes definitely has a man crush on TT. let's not stop there, brad marchand is THE BEST short handed player EVER, the defensive corps is THE BEST EVER, people start to sound stupid when they say BEST EVER, after only a couple seasons of play- ever is a long time. TT is my favorite goalie ever, but that does not mean he's THE BEST.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]timmy thomas will win the hart for mvp no doubt http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110128/SPORTS/101280344

Let's not get carried away talking Hart Trophy in January. Although I think he will be a nominee for the Vezina, there are a handfull of players that could make a case for the Hart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He hasn't done anything in the playoffs yet. He is just as good as Luongo or Nabokov currently. Great regular seasons but below avg playoff performances

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ageed yaz, not deep into the playoffs=not best ever. so sick of barry melrose force feeding us the luongo best goalie in the league(ever) crap. a best ever argument can only be made if you have carried you team to the promised land. sorry cam... you are my favorite bruin forward ever... but....  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]ageed yaz, not deep into the playoffs=not best ever. so sick of barry melrose force feeding us the luongo best goalie in the league(ever) crap. a best ever argument can only be made if you have carried you team to the promised land. sorry cam... you are my favorite bruin forward ever... but....  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Cam was so close in 1988 & 1990. They were outclassed in 88 but I think they should have won it in 90. dam you Randford!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I think playoffs are a factor, but to say a player isnt great because he has never won a cup is a joke and shows how little one knows about hockey.  Its a TEAM sport, and last time I checked a goalie could play and lose all 82 games and only give up 82 goals.  Playoffs performances from the TEAM have to be taken into account too.  Its not like Thomas has flopped in the playoffs, its more like the team did.  You wanna talk playoff flops, look at Rask.  That was a single-handed meltdown.  Timmy hasnt done that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think playoffs are a factor, but to say a player isnt great because he has never won a cup is a joke and shows how little one knows about hockey.  Its a TEAM sport, and last time I checked a goalie could play and lose all 82 games and only give up 82 goals.  Playoffs performances from the TEAM have to be taken into account too.  Its not like Thomas has flopped in the playoffs, its more like the team did.  You wanna talk playoff flops, look at Rask.  That was a single-handed meltdown.  Timmy hasnt done that.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Let's get this straight.If Rask loses a series it's a single-handed meltdown but if TT loses it's on the team?Both goalies are simply a part of the team.Win as a team-lose as a team.it sounds ridiculous having one set of standards for 1 player and a different set for another.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bigvig- your mixing up 2 different arguments here-best ever is a whole lot different than great, cam neely was great but not the best ever- see the difference?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Neely was probably the best forward the Bruins ever had.  Who was better?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you said it yourself bigvig.... "PROBABLY the best BRUIN ever", that's not quite the same as BEST EVER

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I thought thats what this thread was about:  Tim Thomas arguably the best goalie in Bruins history. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

my heard on sports report just at the end that said a boston bruin was named nhl player of the month so congraduations timmy thomas well done

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

the debate part is over now there is no more arguing the fact is timmy thomas is officially the greatest goalie in bruins history

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from an_insider. Show an_insider's posts

kane still putting up the olde thomas threads ehhhh?? too bad you are the only one having a grand olde time with it.  don't wine however kane i'm guessing most members here will be ignoring the oldewine thomas posts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]my heard on sports report just at the end that said a boston bruin was named nhl player of the month so congraduations timmy thomas well done

1) It was Bergeron try again.

B) NO1 is arguing with you. Who are you talking to?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Classic case of "if it was before I was born, it can't be as good as now".
    Maybe Chara is the Greatest Bruin's Defenseman, EVER!!!!

TT wins a couple of cups, and Prez Trophies, and a few more Vezina trophies, then we'll talk.

Sections
Shortcuts