Timmy Time!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Timmy Time!!!!

I think it would be unfair to expect him to repeat last years performance, but this is still Tim Thomas. I like how people are already crowning Henrik the best in the NHL/World..I'm sure Timmy has taken note of this as well. Henrik and Quick can battle for the Vezina, until it's accompanied by a Cup and Conn Smythe it doesnt make you the best.

I also love this Washington series for one reason. Just the perfect scenario to get Timmy riled up. I love it.  You know when the B's land in D.C your going to have reporters who've never seen a hockey game asking him about the White House/Facebook stuff...Good, ask all the questions you want, this guy having a chip on his shoulder  usually means he ends up with hardware in his hands. Track record proves it. He'll just have more motivation to put D.C in his rear view mirror again as he heads to the second round of the playoffs.

Timmy went from obscurity to being the best on the planet, and I bet he took pride in that. Now after one regular season we have others being mentioned as better. Perfect time to prove them wrong again, as he always has.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Timmy Time!!!!

Timmy should really screw with the media and invite Obama to Game 3 as his personal guest. 

You're right though, he thrives on being questioned and plays best when no one expects him to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Timmy seems to play best when he's ticked off. I expect him to be at his best against the Caps for that reason.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He'll go down as one of the best to play between the pipes in black and gold. Want nothing more then to see him hoist that cup again this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

He was great tonight when they needed him.  Anyone who's played goal will tell you how hard that is to sleep through 2 periods and suddenly have to make game saving plays. Great job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not really on board with the "make him angry and he'll play better" idea.  I think he plays well almost always.  I don't know if there is a point that I can see that says, "Oh, he played better that day because he was upset".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think he needs to save a few to get "in the groove" and then he's a wall. Early on tonight, he was looking behind himself on almost every shot (granted he only saw 7 in 40mins!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Timmy Time!!!!:
    I think he needs to save a few to get "in the groove" and then he's a wall. Early on tonight, he was looking behind himself on almost every shot (granted he only saw 7 in 40mins!)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Early on...on almost every shot...

Early on, let's say the first period.  He faced five shots.  If he was looking behind himself on four of them, and none of them went in...who cares?  It means nothing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

timmy played well when he had to, but, Holtby was immense for the Caps

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

timmy played well when he had to, but, Holtby was immense for the Caps
    Posted by bogie6

Holtby was playing off adreline! Nothing more, or less. Believe it when I say it is much harder to stay focused when you're not busy! Holtby had a warmup, after the warmup! First couple of shots were a rookie goalie's dream! Straight at him. I really was hoping Seguin would've at least made him stretch to make that first save. The first couple of saves the kid made got him settled & into a groove. The kid was great. No question about that, but TT defineately was just as immense for the Bruins. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Where's the Rask-Khoudoubin combo when you need them?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

In Response to Re: Timmy Time!!!! : Early on...on almost every shot... Early on, let's say the first period.  He faced five shots.  If he was looking behind himself on four of them, and none of them went in...who cares?  It means nothing!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree with you,

I seem to remember him looking behind him on one occasion to retrieve his helmet and another he ducked to avoid collision.  Guess I saw these differently.  Seemed to be confident to me?  But like NAS said does it matter how it looked if it didn't go in? Would Kelly's goal have looked "bad" had it squeaked or trickled through... NOPE!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't really get the people that are pumping Holtby after that game.  He didn't get beat in regulation, but he also didn't really get tested.  It seemed like most of the B's shots were pretty weak and from a distance.  The Caps did a decent job of clogging the passing lanes overall.

The one really good shot he had to stop was Kelly's.  And he didn't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't really get the people that are pumping Holtby after that game.  He didn't get beat in regulation, but he also didn't really get tested.  It seemed like most of the B's shots were pretty weak and from a distance.  The Caps did a decent job of clogging the passing lanes overall. The one really good shot he had to stop was Kelly's.  And he didn't.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I disagree! The kid made far better saves then the one that beat him. Kelly's shot was one that a lot of Bruins fans were on here screaming about Thomas when he was allowing them in his funk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Timmy Time!!!! : I disagree! The kid made far better saves then the one that beat him. Kelly's shot was one that a lot of Bruins fans were on here screaming about Thomas when he was allowing them in his funk.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Which saves?  I'm planning on watching the game again later tonight.  Give me an idea of what to look for.  I recall lots of perimeter stuff and trickling shots, not any bang-bang-save plays and certainly no "holy mother, how did he save that?" plays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Kel & Sox. I'm surprised that Kolzig & Prior havn't done something with the way Holtby holds his glove. I know he's not the only one in the league, but holding his glove that way makes him having to move his hand in two directions in order to catch . I know baseball catchers do it, but I just don't see it as the same thing. Your thoughts?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kel & Sox. I'm surprised that Kolzig & Prior havn't done something with the way Holtby holds his glove. I know he's not the only one in the league, but holding his glove that way makes him having to move his hand in two directions in order to catch . I know baseball catchers do it, but I just don't see it as the same thing. Your thoughts?
    Posted by nitemare-38

I'm sure they will, but not now, they just want the kid comfortable and doing what he does.At this point their biggest concern was probably his head. i for one, thought Holtby played very well, he didnt have to make any spectacular saves, but they werent all easy either. To play your first NHL playoff game on the road against the defending champs, I thought he was fine. I'm sure he'd like the Kelly shot back, but like I said before when your 3rd stringer comes in and plays like that, you have to win that game, thats a doom game for the caps, no matter what happens here on out, theyll look at game 1 as missed golden oppurtunity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Timmy Time!!!! : Which saves?  I'm planning on watching the game again later tonight.  Give me an idea of what to look for.  I recall lots of perimeter stuff and trickling shots, not any bang-bang-save plays and certainly no "holy mother, how did he save that?" plays.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

There's 2 big ones I recall of the top. One in the first where it changed directions twice & he got his pad on it. The other one is in the 2nd & I think it was Rolston who got a hold of one in the slot & Holtby got his shoulder on it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

All he has to do is take it up a notch consistently from his play during the regular season, pretty much like he did last year, and the team has as good a shot as any in the East.

Good start, no doubt.

Sections
Shortcuts