Timmy Time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Timmy Time?

In response to MeanE's comment:

It makes me sick that Bruins fans show so much disrespect to the man that brought lord Stanley back to Boston!  if you clown TT you are simply an azzhat.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

What are you if you use words like "azzhat"? Feel free to blindly worship him all you like. I guess winning once should give everyone the right to screw an organization. The Bruins should have had at least one extra player last year in a trade for the Facebook kid. They didn't because tt screwed them by not honoring his deal. I think another player might have helped in the Finals but apparently your love of TT is enough for you to get by. It's not for me. I wanted them to win again. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I would be surprised if there's a GM out there willing to take a chance on TT.  It's not worth the aggravation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It makes me sick that Bruins fans show so much disrespect to the man that brought lord Stanley back to Boston!  if you clown TT you are simply an azzhat.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

As a Bruins goalie he tops my list. He deserves respect for the way he performed on ice.

But as a celeberity figure he opened himself up for criticism with his zany off ice actions.

You need thicker epidermis if it makes you sick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What are you if you use words like "azzhat"? Feel free to blindly worship him all you like. I guess winning once should give everyone the right to screw an organization. The Bruins should have had at least one extra player last year in a trade for the Facebook kid. They didn't because tt screwed them by not honoring his deal. I think another player might have helped in the Finals but apparently your love of TT is enough for you to get by. It's not for me. I wanted them to win again. 

We all didnt care for what TT did last year, including me, but it was his decision. Lots of players dont honor contracts and TT wasnt the first. Im glad he played and won us the cup. As for the rest of it, get over it already. So we missed out on a player. Doesnt mean we would have won the cup with this so called player. Plus, we have Rask who is more than capable.

TT is a pro athlete and will get back in shape and probably play well. Its in his nature. One year off isnt that big of a deal to come back from. Maybe harder do to his age, but he'll make it happen. He'll most likely be picked up and play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You really thinks he's above criticism?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I would be surprised if there's a GM out there willing to take a chance on TT.  It's not worth the aggravation.

I would be surprised if there were not a number of GM's calling his agent to inquire about him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is above criticism, it is the absolute disrespect shown by "Bruins" fans that disturbs me.  If Tim simply went to Colorado because of family issues, many that criticize him would not have so much vitriol.  However, since he talked about politics, he is now skewered.  GM's, players and other representatives have skipped the white house visit and took absolutely no heat.  But because Tim did it in a market that is as left as they come, he is slammed by media and fans like he is a terrorist.  For crying out loud, there are athletes in this town killing people, but a man talks about faith, family, and politics and he is a wacko?  Tim Thomas gave everything he had when he was on the team.  His compete level was second to no one!  I applaud him for putting his family first.  I applaud him for his years of battle fly with the Boston Bruins.  I applaud him for being instrumental in bringing my team a cup that I thought I might never see.  You can disagree with his political views, his religious views, etc...  But as a Bruins fan, you should show respect!  Unlike you Dez, I don't worship men, I worship my God.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I don't think anyone is above criticism, it is the absolute disrespect shown by "Bruins" fans that disturbs me.  If Tim simply went to Colorado because of family issues, many that criticize him would not have so much vitriol.  However, since he talked about politics, he is now skewered.  GM's, players and other representatives have skipped the white house visit and took absolutely no heat.  But because Tim did it in a market that is as left as they come, he is slammed by media and fans like he is a terrorist.  For crying out loud, there are athletes in this town killing people, but a man talks about faith, family, and politics and he is a wacko?  Tim Thomas gave everything he had when he was on the team.  His compete level was second to no one!  I applaud him for putting his family first.  I applaud him for his years of battle fly with the Boston Bruins.  I applaud him for being instrumental in bringing my team a cup that I thought I might never see.  You can disagree with his political views, his religious views, etc...  But as a Bruins fan, you should show respect!  Unlike you Dez, I don't worship men, I worship my God.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not.  It has NOTHING to do with his personal politics.  At least not with me.  I dont care he didnt want to go to the white house at all, the fact that he made it such a circus is what bothered me so much.  He could have just not gone and put the soapbox away but he wanted to be a martyr for 'the cause'.  Politics and sports dont belong together...ever.

Thats one issue.  The second was leaving the team high and dry.  Ive heard/read many people say 'if i knew i was going to be traded i just wouldnt play too' absolute BS!!  He is a big boy and a professional athlete.  People get traded in sports all of the time, it could be argued even more so in the NHL. If you cant take being traded find a new job!

I LOVED Thomas.  But he showed his true colors after the Capitals loss.  He cares about himself and himself only.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

You could've replied to me directly as I almost missed your veiled homophobia. I don't care one iota about any player's political views. I care when a person is a liar who screws the organization that I cheer for. I don't think winning once ever gives a player the right to renege on his end of the deal. You really need to grow up or come up with a better slur for those who disagree with you. I don't agree with you. It's pretty simple. You notice any difference there? You know, with the way I was able to voice my opinion without resorting to name calling for all who disagree?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Nothing has changed, this TT debate really brings out the worst in everyone.

Would be great to shift gears to where/if he may land?  Some suggestions in thread included; Flyers & Oilers.

Have to think TT only comes back to be or compete for a #1 job. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I would be surprised if there were not a number of GM's calling his agent to inquire about him. [/QUOTE]

Especially the way TT played after his hip surgery. The Islanders just got better as well with Clutterbuck. Real good fit

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/islanders/2013/07/02/rick-dipietro-buyout-new-york-islanders/2482177/

As I type DiPietro bought out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You could've replied to me directly as I almost missed your veiled homophobia. I don't care one iota about any player's political views. I care when a person is a liar who screws the organization that I cheer for. I don't think winning once ever gives a player the right to renege on his end of the deal. You really need to grow up or come up with a better slur for those who disagree with you. I don't agree with you. It's pretty simple. You notice any difference there? You know, with the way I was able to voice my opinion without resorting to name calling for all who disagree?

[/QUOTE]

I didn't respond to you directly because I am so intimidated by you.  LOL  He screwed the team so much that he was the Con Smythe winner of the only cup the team has seen in almost 40 years!  You call him a liar.  I call him a man that had to deal with family issues.  I don't care if you disagree with me or agree with me, it doesn't change my opinion that if you are a Bruins fan and disrespect Tim Thomas that you are an azzhat!  You get a gold star for not resorting to name calling bdc posters.  However, you get that gold star taken away, and a time out for name calling one of the best goalies to ever man the nets for your beloved Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Absolutely not.  It has NOTHING to do with his personal politics.  At least not with me.  I dont care he didnt want to go to the white house at all, the fact that he made it such a circus is what bothered me so much.  He could have just not gone and put the soapbox away but he wanted to be a martyr for 'the cause'.  Politics and sports dont belong together...ever.

Thats one issue.  The second was leaving the team high and dry.  Ive heard/read many people say 'if i knew i was going to be traded i just wouldnt play too' absolute BS!!  He is a big boy and a professional athlete.  People get traded in sports all of the time, it could be argued even more so in the NHL. If you cant take being traded find a new job!

I LOVED Thomas.  But he showed his true colors after the Capitals loss.  He cares about himself and himself only.  

First - Your opinion, obviously not Tim's and others who did not attend white house.  He made it a circus, not the media or the left?  Just because he posts on FB doesn't mean he is creating a circus.  Ever look at other athletes tweets.  Some may think that @Fernuckles tweets are whacko, depending on which side of the aisle you reside.

Second - You must be calling Tim a liar as well.  He informed the team he would not be returning because of family, faith, etc....  I take him at his word.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nothing has changed, this TT debate really brings out the worst in everyone.

Would be great to shift gears to where/if he may land?  Some suggestions in thread included; Flyers & Oilers.

Have to think TT only comes back to be or compete for a #1 job. 

No dispute from me Crowls. I simply suggested the Flames as a possible destination. It went over without incident. Check out your thread and you'll see there was zero animosity until Mean decided to show up with juvenile slurs for anyone who didn't share his position on TT. I fully agree with your assertion that TT won't come back as a backup but I also don't think he'll generate as much interest as you think. He will still be a 35+ contract won't he? It's already been established that he'll take his ball and go home if everything doesn't suit him. If I was a GM I'd be wary of signing him for fear that he'd quit on me the minute he was bothered in any way. The last thing I'd want to do is offer him a multi year deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

First - Your opinion, obviously not Tim's and others who did not attend white house.  He made it a circus, not the media or the left?  Just because he posts on FB doesn't mean he is creating a circus.  Ever look at other athletes tweets.  Some may think that @Fernuckles tweets are whacko, depending on which side of the aisle you reside.

Second - You must be calling Tim a liar as well.  He informed the team he would not be returning because of family, faith, etc....  I take him at his word.  

I call him a liar because I read an interview in which he stated the Bruins could be certain that he would show up and give 100% for the length of his deal. That was a lie, hence, he is a liar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

HE made it a circus by announcing it via public forum.  After that all bets are off with the media. Was the media a little unfair? Sure, i can see that.  But he made his bed when HE decided to make it a public announcement.  I dont like when ANY athlete tries to bring politics into ANYTHING.  Thomas, Ference, dont care who. I dont care what your beliefs are.  I like you because you are good at playing hockey.

As an adult business man, he did not fulfill a contracual obligation that he himself signed and agreed to.  That is sticking it to your team no matter how you cut it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Mean, I think you're the one bringing piolitics and religion into this discussion, which is fine, but now we're talking about two different things.  I think the criticism above has been about the way TT left the Bruins, which I think is very fair grounds for criticism.  You're talk about sharing his belief in God (and calling dez gay, I guess) in your final sentence is something different.

I criticize TT for the way he left the Bruins, and my earlier post was a bit of mocking him for the notion that he would take the year off and then start for the US in the Olympics, which is far-fetched in my opinion.

Leaving to spend time with family, or God, or whatever is fine.  But when you specifically lobby for a final year of a contract and then decide not to honor that agreement, and leave your teammates handicapped with a reduced salary cap, you might be criticized.  No matter  how fantastic your previously hockey play was.

I think you're projecting the notion that criticism of TT is all politically motivated, while at the same time noting that your praise of TT is at least partially motivated by your own personal poltical and religious views.  And when you go public with your personal beliefs, in any profession, you invite feedback, positive and negative.  I would say, don't be so offended by criticism of TT.  It was bound to happen with the way he left regardless of his beliefs.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I would be surprised if there were not a number of GM's calling his agent to inquire about him.

You may be right Crowls but I would say that he would have to come at a huge discount.  He's pushing 40 and he's a loose cannon who puts himself before the team.  Who wants that headache?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

You're making way too many assumptions when coming up with that opinion Davey

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Mean, I think you're the one bringing piolitics and religion into this discussion, which is fine, but now we're talking about two different things.  I think the criticism above has been about the way TT left the Bruins, which I think is very fair grounds for criticism.  You're talk about sharing his belief in God (and calling dez gay, I guess) in your final sentence is something different.

I criticize TT for the way he left the Bruins, and my earlier post was a bit of mocking him for the notion that he would take the year off and then start for the US in the Olympics, which is far-fetched in my opinion.

Leaving to spend time with family, or God, or whatever is fine.  But when you specifically lobby for a final year of a contract and then decide not to honor that agreement, and leave your teammates handicapped with a reduced salary cap, you might be criticized.  No matter  how fantastic your previously hockey play was.

I think you're projecting the notion that criticism of TT is all politically motivated, while at the same time noting that your praise of TT is at least partially motivated by your own personal poltical and religious views.  And when you go public with your personal beliefs, in any profession, you invite feedback, positive and negative.  I would say, don't be so offended by criticism of TT.  It was bound to happen with the way he left regardless of his beliefs.  

First let me clarify something.  My comment about men, is about humans!  I do not worship Any man, woman, or child, it had nothing to with gay anything.  If you guys want to believe that the hatred for Tim is not politically & religiously motivated, you can believe that.  I choose not to.  I am an independent politically and a christian, but my praise of TT is for what he did for the Bruins, his overcoming all odds, and for putting his family first.  I would feel the same if he was a Marxist Muslim or a Tea Party Aetheist.  

When Thomas lobbied for the final year of his contract, did he know where his marriage & family situation would be?  Do you any of you know how things will play out 3 hours, 3 days, 3 months, 3 years from now?  If taking a year off saved his marriage, would that be so awful?  How were the Bruins handicapped?  They had plenty of money to get players at the deadline, they had their goalie of the future ready to go.  They traded Timmy to the Islanders.  I don't think him taking a year off hurt the Bruins at all.  I am not offended by the critism of TT, it makes me sick.  I would expect the vitriol from Habs fans, or Canucks fans.  But the hatred and lack of Respect for what he accomplished in the spoked B by Bruins fans is unfathomable.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm interested to see how well he performs if he is able to sign on with someone.

Other than that, really no interest in the other stuff that surrounds him as he is no longer a Bruin.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I call him a liar because I read an interview in which he stated the Bruins could be certain that he would show up and give 100% for the length of his deal. That was a lie, hence, he is a liar.

Was it a lie?  Or did he have every intention on showing up & giving 100% for the length of the deal?  Or did circumstances change in his personal life that didn't allow for him do so?  Do you have a family Dez?  Do you have a wife & kids?  Would you do anything for them?  Ever think that family is more important to TT than his job or a game is?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I believe TT will get a great gig in the NHL this season , and I think it'll be a huge story the whole year.  Absolutely huge.

If one just looks at TT the player, it's poor odds writing him off.  If he does want to come back, it's a given that he'll be more motivated than he's ever been, and he's got a pretty good resume when he's in that mode.

He's different enough...to play for almost nothing to get the situation he wants.  Unlike virtually the whole rest of the world, it ain't all about money for him, and that really scrambles things,  suggesting he'd only consider a destination that could have him re-emerge bigger than ever.

Think about it.  His agent guages the interest to get the ball rolling, then Thomas comes in a la Iginla, and makes his decision.  If this guy wants to play, he's got a lot to prove, and he responds well in those situations.  If he doesn't, it's still heaven for the media.  An absolute bonanza either way.  Train wreak....guy who threw it all away, over confident, stupid, selfish brat, or the ultimate maverick.  Guy who threw away millions to be his own man, spit on the hockey establishment, then came back on his terms and shone brighter than ever.

If I owned an NHL franchise, i'd be salivating at the thought of Thomas.  The marketability would be insane.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Was it a lie?  Or did he have every intention on showing up & giving 100% for the length of the deal?  Or did circumstances change in his personal life that didn't allow for him do so?  Do you have a family Dez?  Do you have a wife & kids?  Would you do anything for them?  Ever think that family is more important to TT than his job or a game is?

Is it? Because in the reasons he listed family was 33% of his explanation for taking a year off.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think a perfect fit for Timmy, with a Stanley Cup contender would be the St.Louis Blues... Heard somewhere that Halak is on the trading block.. not a believer in the back up Elliott, send him packing and have Thomas , tutor Blues future goalie Jake Allen....

I wouldn't sell Thomas short , just because he took a year off.. this guy is a competitor and certainly would not embarrass himself, if he had any trepedation that he would not succeed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts