Timmy Time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Re: Timmy Time?

He isn't that old Roloson, and Hasek played till there mid 40's and still put awesome numbers. As far as the contract thing would you want to work for an organization that at any giving point tried to replace every year with someone else? Like how many times did the B's screw over Thomas by trying to bring someone else in? Toivonen,Auld,Fernadez, Rask after Thomas had an awesome year. Don't get me wrong Rask is the right choice and I hope he signs some crazy contract with the B's. If I was TT and knew my last year contract was up and saw I was going from a starter to a backup I will totally jump ship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think it's reasonable to speculate the reason he's still unsigned is money and term.   Probably holding out for big bucks, or a multi year, or both.

Don't think there's any question he'd have been signed quickly if he was a bargain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to G4ck5's comment:

[QUOTE]

How is Thomas not picked up yet? Like TB. STL, CGY, or even Wsh all those teams could use this guy. People are doubting that he can return and play, but we (Boston Fans) know this guy thrives on being the underdog. I have been a TT fan since he was in Prov and still to this day with all the media fake crap that happen to him. I would take TT in a B's uniform even till the age of 45. The guy is a stud in net and in my eyes the best goalie ever to be in a B's uniform. Its just to bad he made into the league late because he would of broken a lot of records.

Gain some perspective please.  He wouldn't be who he is if he made it into the league earlier.  And look at it from a neutral position, you KNOW he didn't honor his previous contract.  What if you had to hire a plumber and you knew he walked off his previous job.  You - you would hire him, but can you understand that someone else would be hesitant?  

Every goaler I have talked to have said the same thing, the year off will hurt him.  The question is, how much?  

And on top of this, he's ancient.  he's near 4000 years old.  That's a lot.

Buyer beware on this one, not surprising he is stil on the market.  He's a gamble.  And how much money does he want?

[/QUOTE]

The only person that was still effective,agile and at the top of his game at this age was Yoda. Plus the fact that TT is likely asking for more money or term than Yoda would.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He isn't that old Roloson, and Hasek played till there mid 40's and still put awesome numbers. As far as the contract thing would you want to work for an organization that at any giving point tried to replace every year with someone else? Like how many times did the B's screw over Thomas by trying to bring someone else in? Toivonen,Auld,Fernadez, Rask after Thomas had an awesome year. Don't get me wrong Rask is the right choice and I hope he signs some crazy contract with the B's. If I was TT and knew my last year contract was up and saw I was going from a starter to a backup I will totally jump ship.

Bringing in another goalie to challenge Thomas for the #1 position is hardly "screwing him over". Every pro athlete should be ready to have his job challenged every year. It's the nature of the profession.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bringing in another goalie to challenge Thomas for the #1 position is hardly "screwing him over". Every pro athlete should be ready to have his job challenged every year. It's the nature of the profession.

[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you bringing in goalies to challenge for the number spot is great, but when they brough Fernadez in and said he is our number one goalie isn't the same thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you bringing in goalies to challenge for the number spot is great, but when they brough Fernadez in and said he is our number one goalie isn't the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

Every player on the roster knows they're losing their job in Boston if they are outplayed by a younger player. When Fernandez was brought in, Thomas hadn't been playing well enough to have the job just handed to him. He'd never made it to the 2nd round at that point in his career and a good GM is always trying to improve the roster. I hope tt gets a job with some NHL team. I'm interested in seeing how he does behind a different defense.