To Every Member Here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: To Every Member Here

Positivity ? You gotta love it !!!

And hey, how about Shawn Thornton's play ? Isn't he the greatest ? Only positive answers will be accepted or you will get the dreaded ignore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bobo, it's your birthday present, but let's not get caried away with the euphoria, is that the right spelling Book ? A few weeks ago we were all unhappy somewhat, but OUR Bruins have played better, but with some concernable warts. Krug's game is the most noticeable suprise, and welcome. But, Bylsma will watch the tapes and notice that the Rangers did push him around somewhat, and incorporate that into Pitt's game plan. Claude will try to minimize any related problem by keeping the pairing with McQ who really stepped up lately. Chara obviously need some rest as he has been overworked. There are other positives to discuss if we can ever get back to hockey discussions. Go Bruins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Now's not the time, jersey.  It should go without saying to any intelligent person that there is never perfection in a hockey game.  So, you can either sift through the game and focus on the mistakes that are destined to happen in any competition, or you can enjoy the product.  A winning product.  

We know there were mistakes.  To point them out is redundant.  They won.  They beat a rival.  They are going to the conference finals.  Again.  It's fantastic for any Bruin fan.

But Boychuk pinched once, when he shouldn't have, and the Rangers almost scored?

Dumb.  And people will say so.

EOIHIOHHH !  Don't know Fletch.  I think we're mistaking things when we go along with this "don't put up with anything negative stuff". 

Nothing wrong with critiqing "our" team.  Last thing I want to read, is a bunch of kiss-ass cheerleader talk after every B's game.  Bring on whatever.  Just be prepared to back it up.

Of course I'm not objecting to criticism here steve -- just saying now's not the time.  The Bruins can always improve and they'll need to be even better against the Pens.  Today can be open season on what needs to improve.  

But as for my opinion, I get annoyed by the utter malcontents here, who pick at the inevitable imperfections of a team two hours after the biggest win of the season against a rival, and a ticket to the conference finals.  I remember when we had much, much, much more to complain about than Boychuk pinching on a meaningless play during a huge victory.  We might be getting spoiled here...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hey fletch.  Good to see you on here.  Hope everything is going well with the family.  Cheers.  Conf final here we come.   

Thanks shupe.  Cheers.  We're alright.  

To quote my favorite Canadian, 'the needle and the damage done'...

Back to hockey, go Bruins.  Loving these playoffs so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Now's not the time, jersey.  It should go without saying to any intelligent person that there is never perfection in a hockey game.  So, you can either sift through the game and focus on the mistakes that are destined to happen in any competition, or you can enjoy the product.  A winning product.  

We know there were mistakes.  To point them out is redundant.  They won.  They beat a rival.  They are going to the conference finals.  Again.  It's fantastic for any Bruin fan.

But Boychuk pinched once, when he shouldn't have, and the Rangers almost scored?

Dumb.  And people will say so.

EOIHIOHHH !  Don't know Fletch.  I think we're mistaking things when we go along with this "don't put up with anything negative stuff". 

Nothing wrong with critiqing "our" team.  Last thing I want to read, is a bunch of kiss-ass cheerleader talk after every B's game.  Bring on whatever.  Just be prepared to back it up.

Okay, how about this - there were two things about that comment that I would say are typical examples of the sad sack Sally school of commenting (not necessarily putting the poster in that school, but since were debating an example that some feel is borderline...).  One is the word NAS bolded.  "They won, but...".  No buts.  They won, period.  Putting the critique out there as tainting the win, or detracting from it, is exactly the point - not that we can't talk hockey or Xs and Os.  It's the frame on the comment that makes it meaningful in this context.  Two is that the comment's only real value is to detract from joy of the win.  Here's what I see as the same observation in the context of breaking down the game rather than tainting the joy of the win: 

I was surprised to see Boychuk pinch that late in the game.  They had been stepping up on the Rangers when they tried to break out for the entire third period, and I guess you either keep doing what's working or you get conservative and keep your D back.  Tough call because you don't want to lay back and let the Rangers bring the puck at you with speed, but pinching is always a risk even though it had been working for the whole third period.

Now, before anyone jumps on me for this (probably fair enough), I freely ackowledge that I'm working with the advantage of hindsight and it looks like I'm trying to tell people how to post.  I'm running that risk (such as it is) just to try and illustrate a difference I see because I don't want to read nothing but tongue-baths either. 

So - I wanted to put that play in context and introduce it in a way that was faithful to the original post: "What the...Boychuk is pinching with 2 min left?!?!".  But it worked out fine, so it's not "that's a stupid play" and rather than dwell on what might have been, I wanted to take a step back and figure out why Boychuk chose to make what looked like an unconventional play.  And when I did that, this is what I remembered of how they kept the Rangers from getting more than 5 or 6 scoring chances for most of the game.  I just wanted to make it the discussion of game strategy rather than a "that could have cost us!  That's stupid!"  because just about any play on the ice could prove stupid if it goes wrong.  That's where it matters that they won - the play didn't go wrong, or so wrong that it cost the Bruins anything.  They won, and they won in part because they shut the Ranger attack down most of the game using the same strategy.

Is there any way that that conversation brings down someone having an extra pop or two to celebrate a series win? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thanks for understanding, Book.  We've spent all season (and all of last season) dissecting.  When they lose, let's discuss things they could have done better.  When they win, there are no "buts" about it.  It's a victory.  That's what we hope for, right?  There are no style points in hockey.  There is no carryover of a specific play from game to game in the playoffs. 

W = GOOD!

Every single damn time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I gave my love a cherry....

Kumbaya LoL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

There at the point where there are only 4 teams out of 30 left standing. Great stuff regardless of how many more wins they tack on to this already awesome season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Thanks for understanding, Book.  We've spent all season (and all of last season) dissecting.  When they lose, let's discuss things they could have done better.  When they win, there are no "buts" about it.  It's a victory.  That's what we hope for, right?  There are no style points in hockey.  There is no carryover of a specific play from game to game in the playoffs. 

W = GOOD!

Every single damn time.

Look, I'm pretty darn positive about the bruins, always have been, but I really don't see a problem discussing negative plays in good games as long as the context is right. I'm not saying, "HORRIBLE PINCH, BENCH BOYCHUK OR WE'LL LOSE." I'm saying, man, great game, but that boychuk had me worried on that one play." If the bruins had pulled out game four, should we really not talk at all about Tuukka falling down on the first goal? I think he should have been a vezina finalist, I think he's amazing, but that was a bad play and I see no problem talking about it as long as everyone maintains some perspective, that being, the bruins are 8 wins away from a stanley cup

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Right, but can't you save that stuff for any of the 82 regular season games and just let a win be a win for (HOPEFULLY) the next eight?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

But what is there to talk about, really, with Rask catching a rut and losing his balance?  I mean, win or lose, what is there to talk about other than: well, that stinks.  Same with Cedfano getting stripped.  That's a great play.  Cedfano does that manouever all the time and it works because he has the net to run interference and his size to make if incredible difficult for anyone to get in and strip the puck.  Stepan made a great play - what is there to talk about?

Some sociologist could probably breakdown what we talk about when we talk about hockey to show some fairly basic categories: discussions of one player's talent and abilities, discussions of game strategy, discussions of coaching philosophy and roster decisions, comparisons, predictions, and...complaining.  Complaining masquerades as the other categories by taking one or two incidents in a particular game and then projecting them out over unsupportable conclusions.  Boychuk pinched.  He lacks the judgment you need to be a top four NHL defenseman.  (Again, appropriating 191646's comment to create a fictional example - not suggesting this is what he wrote).

The difference is in the "so what?" factor.  Rask tripped.  So what?  What does he need to do differently, or what does the coaching staff need to do differently, or what could the Rangers do differently based on this event?  Cedfano got stripped for what, the second time in a hundred?  That's a pretty low risk play then.  So - what?  Should he stop using that move?  Be more conservative and just ring the glass every time?  When you're talking about a single event, it's hard to get to so what?  And when you're talking about Cedfano as a player, you're going to get creamed if you say "he got stripped, ship him out for Tyler Myers" because in the context of a discussion of what Cedfano brings to the table, any reasonable observer is going to realize that even in a season where he wasn't a Norris finalist, he's still a unique defensive presence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I gave my love a cherry....

Kumbaya LoL

Felt the need to invoke a little Blutarsky into the discussion...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually these later posts are more in line. I understand NAS wanting to relish the suprising, but well deserved, win; and I still feel we can all enjoy results, [ however, but, yet, gee, maybe] there's room for observations and comments that make these posts, minus the obvious trolls, interesting for most of us, or why post ?? Having said that, and not having to rush off to sunday dinner, I would like to hear more objectivity, particularly on Chara. Claude has been fixated on matching Chara against every team's top offensive threat. Is this good or not so good ? Chara looks worn out even for a guy who is in excellent health and condition. Chara is much slower to respond in many instances. In fact, until Bartkowski and Krug arrived, most Bruins D-men were backing off the offensive points in order to keep with Claude's defensive commitment. Does Claude's system need adjustments, and will adjustments allow Chara to retain more energy? These are not meant to be comments cast in stone, but rather they are observations seeking alternatives and discussion from all the knowledge sources that comment here. Go Bruins

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

I would like to hear more objectivity, particularly on Chara. Claude has been fixated on matching Chara against every team's top offensive threat. Is this good or not so good ? Chara looks worn out even for a guy who is in excellent health and condition. Chara is much slower to respond in many instances. In fact, until Bartkowski and Krug arrived, most Bruins D-men were backing off the offensive points in order to keep with Claude's defensive commitment. Does Claude's system need adjustments, and will adjustments allow Chara to retain more energy? These are not meant to be comments cast in stone, but rather they are observations seeking alternatives and discussion from all the knowledge sources that comment here. Go Bruins

They just kicked the Rangers to the curb in five games and are on to the Eastern Conference Finals.  I'd say all decisions have been just fine.

As for him looking tired, well, it's the playoffs and he plays a lot.  If he didn't look tired, I'd think he wasn't trying enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Actually these later posts are more in line. I understand NAS wanting to relish the suprising, but well deserved, win; and I still feel we can all enjoy results, [ however, but, yet, gee, maybe] there's room for observations and comments that make these posts, minus the obvious trolls, interesting for most of us, or why post ?? Having said that, and not having to rush off to sunday dinner, I would like to hear more objectivity, particularly on Chara. Claude has been fixated on matching Chara against every team's top offensive threat. Is this good or not so good ? Chara looks worn out even for a guy who is in excellent health and condition. Chara is much slower to respond in many instances. In fact, until Bartkowski and Krug arrived, most Bruins D-men were backing off the offensive points in order to keep with Claude's defensive commitment. Does Claude's system need adjustments, and will adjustments allow Chara to retain more energy? These are not meant to be comments cast in stone, but rather they are observations seeking alternatives and discussion from all the knowledge sources that comment here. Go Bruins

The Bruins have won six of their last seven playoff rounds.  It is good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

To Every Memeber Here....Please don't slam a player, berate a player, WHILE we are in the thick of a playoff Cup run...Save it all for the off season or the boring 82 that will be on us soon enough. I look forward to reading a lot of posts come draft time as I believe there will be a lot of movement this July because of the cap space moving down and it will be great to read some of your posts. But not now please. Thank you.....Can't hardly wait for the Pens....We got them in goal and we got a deeper defence. And we have Chara, who will cover Mr. Crosby. I'm liking our chances to get to the Cup final.  Just 8 more to go. Go Bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

They are in the ECF. I consider this season a success already, and I think they are primed to give the Pens a true run for their money. So many good story lines. One of the last 4 standing? yes, please. 

Please keep your arms inside the cart at all times during the ride.

another thing, Hey mitchco, hit the bricks! We'll look for you after their next loss cuz thats the only time you appear.

To the rest of you...here's to yet another great year of the best hockey talk around. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

My god are use going to cary on forever,when the next rounds starts there will be positive posts and negative posts,doesn't matter how much whinning use do about it.We all don't live in your candy coated world,when you make mistakes or aren't doing your job well,in my world some one tells you,could be your Boss ,maybee your wife,what none of use never had your wife tell you you are a bone head,man do you guys start crying if anyone says anything negative to you.Grow up,do you think the Bruins come on hear and read these posts and get all upset because someone said something negative about them, they don't care 2 cents what we say.So win or loose i love the Bruins,and i will make good comments and i will make bad comments.Personally the fans who get upset when Bruins loose and make a negative comment,are truly the real fan,they have emotions,hell the biggest fan might be Stanley,he is sitting on the edge of his seat, he doesn't Know what whay he is going,but i haven't any doubt that he is a fan.So here's to the next round,i will have good things to say,and bad things hopefully a lot more good,and if you don't like it as Flow woud say kiss my Grits.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Fletch, Book, don't disagree much with what you're saying, I'd just prefer dealing case by case, instead of generically.  The "pinch" comment is a great example.  It's out of place, not because of the "negativity"....but because it's stupid,... hopelessly uninformed.  To disagree with that post, based on the fact it's negative, gets off on the wrong foot.

Same with "gutless pukes".  Calling out posters because of their attitude(negative), doesn't really fit.  The problem with these posts, isn't the negativity, it's the stupidity.  One just can't come up with any validation for that kind of statement.  I think these are the kind of posts we're referring to, and there are no points to be made by lumping them all together.  Better to roast them all individually.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fletch, Book, don't disagree much with what you're saying, I'd just prefer dealing case by case, instead of generically.  The "pinch" comment is a great example.  It's out of place, not because of the "negativity"....but because it's stupid,... hopelessly uninformed.  To disagree with that post, based on the fact it's negative, gets off on the wrong foot.

Same with "gutless pukes".  Calling out posters because of their attitude(negative), doesn't really fit.  The problem with these posts, isn't the negativity, it's the stupidity.  One just can't come up with any validation for that kind of statement.  I think these are the kind of posts we're referring to, and there are no points to be made by lumping them all together.  Better to roast them all individually.

I agree, but just not right now.  There are no more than 14 games separating Bruins fans from a minimum of three months of meaningful hockey.  I'm going to look past all of the junk until the final horn, be it at the end of a win or a loss.

I was honestly surprised by Boychuk's pinch at that time.  I don't think the post was stupid, but just ill timed.  Let's enjoy the win.  Let's enjoy these last few games.

At some point, hopefully later than sooner, the B's will go to the middle and then to the basement of the league.  We'll wish we could nitpick a second round victory's finer points!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

At some point, hopefully later than sooner, the B's will go to the middle and then to the basement of the league.  We'll wish we could nitpick a second round victory's finer points!

This. We all know this is an inevitability - it happens to all teams eventually (except maybe ones run by Holland) I've lived through a lot of crap years as a Bruins fan. This B's team has a shot at matching the success of the Orr and Espo years (2 cups in three years) I for one just want to enjoy the ride while it's happening.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

This. We all know this is an inevitability - it happens to all teams eventually (except maybe ones run by Holland) I've lived through a lot of crap years as a Bruins fan. This B's team has a shot at matching the success of the Orr and Espo years (2 cups in three years) I for one just want to enjoy the ride while it's happening.

This inevitability could take a very long time though.The B's have a great team now and seem to have some good prospects in providence.The core group is young and management is keeping the pipeline flowing and managing the cap well. The maligned coaching staff has done a great job as well and as fans all is good. I don't see the B's being an also ran for many years.I'm not saying they will vie for the Cup every year but i do see them being very competitive which is all you can ask as a fan.Like Detroit, i think the B's will have success in the years to come, with the Cup being the goal every year instead of the just happy to make the playoffs type teams.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

So, they've reached the Conference Finals.  Pretty awesome stuff.  Who knows what will come of the next series, but I think we can all say that reaching within eight wins of the Cup is a heck of an accomplishment.

From now until the end of the playoffs, let's all get along and be wicked happy.  If the B's sweep the Penguins, or if the Penguins sweep the B's, let's be happy about enjoying this awesome ride.

Negative posters will still be here.  They will be 100% ignored (by either the ignore button or just not responded to) by me.  I hope they will be by you as well.  If you are one of those negative guys (or critical as you sometimes call yourselves), can you give the rest of us a break?  Save all of the "concerning" and "I'm worried that..." and "yeah but..." posts until after the playoffs end with either a loss or a Cup.

This is only the second time in 20 years that they've been this far.  Let's enjoy it together!

Good post NAS. Wifey is a hard core Pens fan (I think she won Red's hockey pool) so it'll be a house divided from here on in...

What? Red had a pool?

Ha ha ha, backhand..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

yeah, yeah - i'll get up the results - sorry, life has been nuts.