To Every Member Here

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: To Every Member Here

In response to red75's comment:

This. We all know this is an inevitability - it happens to all teams eventually (except maybe ones run by Holland) I've lived through a lot of crap years as a Bruins fan. This B's team has a shot at matching the success of the Orr and Espo years (2 cups in three years) I for one just want to enjoy the ride while it's happening.

I think this is going to be a long ride.  Generally speaking this team is young and there are prospects that show promise.  And the Bruins are making excellent trades for good young defenseman all the time.  They manage to resign guys without that much trouble, or at least not as much trouble as they did back in the Sinden days.  Guys seem to want to be in Boston. PC is just 48 years old and IMO the best GM in hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:

Actually these later posts are more in line. I understand NAS wanting to relish the suprising, but well deserved, win; and I still feel we can all enjoy results, [ however, but, yet, gee, maybe] there's room for observations and comments that make these posts, minus the obvious trolls, interesting for most of us, or why post ?? Having said that, and not having to rush off to sunday dinner, I would like to hear more objectivity, particularly on Chara. Claude has been fixated on matching Chara against every team's top offensive threat. Is this good or not so good ? Chara looks worn out even for a guy who is in excellent health and condition. Chara is much slower to respond in many instances. In fact, until Bartkowski and Krug arrived, most Bruins D-men were backing off the offensive points in order to keep with Claude's defensive commitment. Does Claude's system need adjustments, and will adjustments allow Chara to retain more energy? These are not meant to be comments cast in stone, but rather they are observations seeking alternatives and discussion from all the knowledge sources that comment here. Go Bruins

The Bruins have won six of their last seven playoff rounds.  It is good.

But what's their record in closeout games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

Fletch, Book, don't disagree much with what you're saying, I'd just prefer dealing case by case, instead of generically.  The "pinch" comment is a great example.  It's out of place, not because of the "negativity"....but because it's stupid,... hopelessly uninformed.  To disagree with that post, based on the fact it's negative, gets off on the wrong foot.

Same with "gutless pukes".  Calling out posters because of their attitude(negative), doesn't really fit.  The problem with these posts, isn't the negativity, it's the stupidity.  One just can't come up with any validation for that kind of statement.  I think these are the kind of posts we're referring to, and there are no points to be made by lumping them all together.  Better to roast them all individually.

I agree, but just not right now.  There are no more than 14 games separating Bruins fans from a minimum of three months of meaningful hockey.  I'm going to look past all of the junk until the final horn, be it at the end of a win or a loss.

I was honestly surprised by Boychuk's pinch at that time.  I don't think the post was stupid, but just ill timed.  Let's enjoy the win.  Let's enjoy these last few games.

At some point, hopefully later than sooner, the B's will go to the middle and then to the basement of the league.  We'll wish we could nitpick a second round victory's finer points!

Fair enough.  Think we're on the same page with the pinch.  Not inferring it "wasn't" a poor choice, rather, "that's all it was".  The stupidity being the conclusion, that pinch was a sign of impending doom...team collapse.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone else notice that Mr. Gregory Campbell scored two goals in the last game including the game winner?

Isn't that great?  I wonder if it is driving a certain poster insane...

Priceless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

But what's their record in closeout games?

I hope you're kidding.  In case you're not, here's my answer.  Who the fawk cares?  As long as they win 4 games every series, I don't care what their closeout game record (CGR) is.  CGR is a stat I've never heard of until they were up 3-1 vs the Rangers.  CGR makes the +/-, hit stat, corsi and Bruins record when Thornton fights stats seem relevant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rickey's on the good side GNB.  He's goofing off with that comment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Rickey's on the good side GNB.  He's goofing off with that comment.

I wasn't sure.  That's why I gave my answer in case he wasn't kidding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I wanted claude gone if they lost to the leafs but a cup in 11 and a conference finals appearence maybe more this year I gota give credit to our bench boss mr Julien. GO BRUINS! COME HELL OR HIGH WATER LETS GET BEHIND THIS BUNCH!

no faith in the coach, now you have faith? sad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I wanted claude gone if they lost to the leafs but a cup in 11 and a conference finals appearence maybe more this year I gota give credit to our bench boss mr Julien. GO BRUINS! COME HELL OR HIGH WATER LETS GET BEHIND THIS BUNCH!

no faith in the coach, now you have faith? sad.

Come on almost every one on here has said to fire Julian at one point

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kitchener, I am one of the very few who defended him from day 1, and countered Fire Julien rants with the fact that this coach has a plan, and pull out video of the season prior to Claude taking over, and tell me again what kind of absolute disarray the B's were under Dave Lewis. It's time people just believe in Julien. Tired of the he's one more loss away from being fired. It's ridiculous, and if Chiarelli fired him had they lost to Toronto, it would have been one of the grave mistakes ever made by this organization. I've seen the dark side of B's hockey and I've seen the salad days and some of the best days of B's hockey have been under Julien's watch or since Julien's watch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

kitchener, I am one of the very few who defended him from day 1, and countered Fire Julien rants with the fact that this coach has a plan, and pull out video of the season prior to Claude taking over, and tell me again what kind of absolute disarray the B's were under Dave Lewis. It's time people just believe in Julien. Tired of the he's one more loss away from being fired. It's ridiculous, and if Chiarelli fired him had they lost to Toronto, it would have been one of the grave mistakes ever made by this organization. I've seen the dark side of B's hockey and I've seen the salad days and some of the best days of B's hockey have been under Julien's watch or since Julien's watch.

Ok i did say almost everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think everyone not named Stanley agrees with this and has since the Leafs went golfing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Ok i did say almost everyone.

Kitchener - I didn't say fire Julien either.

To me, this season's successes and failures was all about execution by the players - not (head)coaching. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Any game they can take from the Pens is gravy as far as I'm concerned, the Pens are stacked.

There is a chance as the Pens goalie situtation isn't great, but whatever.  

What's not to be proud of?

Great team, great ride so far, any more that they can give us, awesome.

I've changed my mind about this, I think the Pens are quite beatable.  It's not impossible that the Bruins could wipe them clean 4 straight.  Bruins have better defense and are balanced offensively.  They just have to keep the Pens lines 1 and 2 in check and keep an eye out for Letang.

At very least this is going to be a good series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Any game they can take from the Pens is gravy as far as I'm concerned, the Pens are stacked.

I've changed my mind about this, I think the Pens are quite beatable.  It's not impossible that the Bruins could wipe them clean 4 straight.  Bruins have better defense and are balanced offensively.  They just have to keep the Pens lines 1 and 2 in check and keep an eye out for Letang.

Don't expect a reply back from this poster. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't expect a reply back from this poster. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, who else predicted that the Bruins would sweep the series?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bring on the hawks and soxfan.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Sorry, been busy so I got here late.

Back NAS's sentiments 101% here. The Bruins have done their fans and city so proud. Two old school teams playing the sport as it was meant to be played.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you're talking like Stanley. 

Toot.......toot.

Blowing your own horn because of a prediction. 

Can I have your autograph ? 

Just sign it....................... BigHeaditude.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

Now you're talking like Stanley. 

Toot.......toot.

Blowing your own horn because of a prediction. 

Can I have your autograph ? 

Just sign it....................... BigHeaditude.

[/QUOTE]

You have to admit it Chowda, BHab put his money where his mouth is for RED's pool...unfortunately, he also picked Kings in 5(ouch!).

Sections
Shortcuts