To MRS Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: To MRS Miller

Hey-soos people. You're on a computer. How hard is it to look up the actual rules before spewing stupidity? Let me help...

61.2 Penalty - In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate).

Of course, there is also this....

61.1 Slashing - Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Unbeleiveable. How the heck is Ryan Miller the subject of most peoples venom? Do you people know anyhting about hockey other than what you see or hear during a Bruins telecast?

Fact: Ryan Miller left his crease to play the puck and got into a collision with Milan Lucic.

Did Lucic mean to hit him, could he have avoided him? I for one and not 100% sure he meant to but the ref did call the minor penalty and not a major one. I thought it was the right call regardless of wether there was intent or not.

Miller is upset and calls Lucic "gutless"..He's upset, as I feel every goalie including TT or Rask would be. Not a big issue.

Sabres do nothing about their star goalie getting run...RIGHT HERE SHOULD BE THE ISSUE...

Lucic responds to Millers comments by adding his team would have reacted differently had their goalie been run. Not the brightest thing to say, especially considering the two teams meet next week in Buffalo. Now I start to wonder about intent.

Buffalo fans are very upset and don't point a finger at Lucic but instead they correctly point it at their beloved coach and memebers of their team for failure to respond and for basically quitting...

Stupid Bruin fans blame Ryan Miller, half of you idiots think the goalie is fair game, one suggests Thomas and his bad hip would have won the gold over tournament MVP overrated Ryan Miller.Others call him a pansie and refer to himas Rhianna Miller.

Seriously, this goes beyond black n gold blinders. You just sound like morons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Someone is in love.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

All just opinions kelvana, that's why we're here. No one's is more or less important than another. Relax.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

IMHO Miller is not a "star goalie". One good season does not a star goalie make.

His behaviour, however, is very much "star goalie" like. He swings his lumber at Looch, then he sort of collapses onto the ice. After one more period and giving up 3 goals (he did not look good on Peverley's marker) he declares himself unfit to continue playing, injured or whatever. Later he makes some very "mature" remarks about a player who happened to be in a race for the puck with him (I really cannot tell if Lucic could have avoided contact) in the locker room.
    All I can say is "Bravo, Mr. Miller! BTW: Where's your 'Movember Stache'? Do you only grow one (like in the playoffs a couple of years ago) when it makes you (Mr. Vanity) stand out a little more?"

I remember TT being hit (in a very different way, definitely on purpose) by that $c*mbag Avery a couple of seasons ago - TT went right after him, and I do not recall any of this "tough guy locker room remarks" nonsense a la Miller afterwards. I'll stand with the King: "Give me the will and character of a Thomas any day of the week over the trendy choice."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

PS: No one knows if Team USA could have won the gold medal in 2010 with TT (nursing a bad hip) in goal. It's just that to some people Miller did not look good on Crosby's OT winner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

And here's my response to the "Miller diagnosed with concussion" news (I have to quote asmaha from a different thread):

[QUOTE]People are starting to see things that didn't actually happen in the play.
    1. Lucic and Miller were both playing the puck, and both saw the other coming. Not blind side. Either of them could've moved to avoid the hit, and both agreed to continue their line and initiate contact. According to the rules, Lucic is not allowed to make deliberate or intentional contact with a goalie (in or out of the crease), and a penalty should be called.
    2. When it was clear a hit was coming, Lucic stopped moving his feet. He glided before impact. The fact that it was called "charging" and not simple goaltender interference, as the rule states, was odd.
    3. It was NOT a hit to the head. Miller began to lift his arms up, while Lucic dropped his shoulder and made sure contact was body to body. Lucic also changed his angle to make it body to body. He also did not "explode" into Miller, nor did he follow through with his line of checking. He hit, and immediately lifted up and peeled off to minimize damage.
    4. Miller acted like he got shot. Seriously. I get the "different body size" and whatnot, but the spin-o-rama was completely disproportional to the hit. I seriously wonder if he was trying to embellish to get a call.
    5. The wild swinging of the stick is being ignored. Anyone who intentionally swings his stick at another player when not a play for the puck is supposed to be issued a slashing penalty.

61.1  Slashing - Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not . Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.
    6. Lucic's comments after the game were silly. Should've kept his mouth shut.
    7. Guess concussion protocol doesn't apply. We saw it in the playoffs last year and again with Miller. That policy needs to go away or be enforced. One or the other. Again, medical records are not revealed, but I find it fishy the diagnosis came so late, and there was no plan to meet with Lucic until after the diagnosis. He's already "feeling better", and might miss one game. Again, I feel there needs to be protocol. If a concussion is diagnosed, there needs to be "X" amount of calendar days that pass before a player is even eligible to return. Not to be Dr. Recchi here, but I smell a rat.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: To MRS Miller:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: To MRS Miller : Ur attitude is a joke King! If this was Thomas or Rask who was hit by Kaleta you wouldn't be singing this song!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    You're right Nite, we wouldn't. We'd instead all be laughing about how bad Kaleta was beat down for it. Mind you, I'm also one of those guys that sees nothing wrong with a guy fighting after a huge hit-clean or not. Miller knew he was skating into a dangerous area when he decided to race Lucic to a loose puck. Lucic was punished as stated in the league rules. It should be end of story but no.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]All just opinions kelvana, that's why we're here. No one's is more or less important than another. Relax.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Opinions ??  It's ok to have an opinion on whether or not it's a suspendable hit.  It's not ok to opine it's a clean hit.  It's a black and white infraction of the rules.  
    If they're not based on fact, people don't have the right to opinions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The thing that chaps me about this is Miller's post-game reaction. It must be about sending a message to his own team, because I can't think of why he would seriously be upset with Looch.

Why wouldn't a goalie come out, make the right play with the puck, take the hit, draw the penalty and move on? All he had to do was brace himself and let Lucic run right into a situation that would put him in the penalty box. Win-win situation if he just played it straight. Instead, he went down like it was a huge surprise, then had the words after the game.

I actually like Miller as a player, and don't get why people are calling him game into question. He's better than 75% of the other goalies in the league, and any team he's on can win a Cup. BUT...be a man, take the hit, draw the penalty and use it to get your team in the game. Want to say a goalie is like a QB? Sure...and how awesome is it when your star QB tucks the ball and plows ahead to a first down? I just don't like how it was handled....from Miller, from Ruff and the owner, from the concussion protocol and the Buffalo lack of reaction. The ONLY group in all this that has their head on straight are...gulp...Sabre fans. They're calling out their team, and good for them. Smart fan base there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To MRS Miller : Ur attitude is a joke King! If this was Thomas or Rask who was hit by Kaleta you wouldn't be singing this song!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    you're right ...as usual  King is a moron with a 10 years old mentality! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would have been seething if the same thing had happened to Thomas, and I'm not sure I could root for a team that acted like the Sabres did.  Any Bruins team that responded the way teh Sabres did (or didn't do) would be shunned by the Bruin fanbase.

Miller was yapping because he was angry, as he should have been.  By now, that anger should be directed at his teammates.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Amazing... Miller gets run over by Looch, and Miller's the one who gets vilified in this forum.  Everything from "being soft", to being hit with feminine labels by immature, misogynists -- some of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Watching the video, Looch makes no effort whatsoever to avoid contact, and in fact looks like he's charging down the ice with the "oh, so Miller wants to play the puck does he?" look in his eye.

To my view, he decided well before the hit that he was going to be "the attacking player initiating contact", whatever the penalty was going to be.

If Lucic wants to be a 'tough guy', he's not doing his rep any favours by running goalies who are almost 40 lbs lighter than he is. I'm not sure how Bruin fans would feel if Buff slammed into TT with the same force that Looch ran Miller.

Lucic: 6'4", 220
    Miller: 6'2", 182

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

49, the only gutless thig was Miller's teammates hanging him out to dry after the hit. Even Thomas was saying he was surprised he didn't get run. It must stink for Miller to realize him team doesn't have his back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

usually the goalies in this situation (racing towards an oncoming breakaway), have better sense than to skate directly into the attacker. 9 times out of ten they poke check and slide on the ice taking out the skaters feet(usually sending them flying dangerously into the boards). this was a unique situation, they were skating for a free puck, directly at each other, and collided at the dots, well onto the playing surface. it's not like he was hit while playing the puck behind the net. it's not like lucic had a considerable distance to stop, when miller touched the puck. is lucic supposed to stop skating for the puck because he sees miller come out of net to the dots? i agree that contact should be avoided if at all possible, but the goalie bears some responsibility for skating 25 feet out of his net to meet a charging forward on a possible breakaway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]49, the only gutless thig was Miller's teammates hanging him out to dry after the hit. Even Thomas was saying he was surprised he didn't get run. It must stink for Miller to realize him team doesn't have his back.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I was somewhat surprised at the reaction, as well.  I'm wondering if the game situation (1-goal game, on the road) had something to do with it?  Sabres thinking "we're going on the PP, a chance to go up by 2 in a hostile building, don't want to take the even-up penalty"?  Maybe the Sabres had the wrong personnel on the ice for 'retribution'?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IAmerican isn't he?-lol  Lucic tough Canadian!!            n Response to Re: To MRS Miller:
    [QUOTE]Since we are joking around, answer me this: why are his eyes about an inch apart vertically? Weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]