To My Canadian Friends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Re: To My Canadian Friends

Smile

Sheesh, I'm abouty as big a Canadian nationalist as there is and I don't take any of this stuff to heart. Chill out a bit.

And I'll be up at 7 am tomorrow cheering on the Yanks over the Finns

[/QUOTE] I;m with you cheering for our home team. Today Wheeler was on my wrong team

Bergeron was on our team .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I think this is about right: http://deadspin.com/the-haters-guide-to-canada-1527872839

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Win-Jets' comment:

Smile

Sheesh, I'm abouty as big a Canadian nationalist as there is and I don't take any of this stuff to heart. Chill out a bit.

And I'll be up at 7 am tomorrow cheering on the Yanks over the Finns

I;m with you cheering for our home team. Today Wheeler was on my wrong team

Bergeron was on our team .

Yeah, but speaking of home teams if the States lose, I won't be heartbroken to see Selanne get a medal

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought both teams played great.  USA has nothing to be down about. Neither do their fans.  Its the best hockey rivalry out there now. 

hats off to both squads.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If  Rask is healthy it will be a close game 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

You post this at the start of the 3rd period with Finland up 2-0.

Way to reach!

In response to shuperman's comment:

I thought both teams played great.  USA has nothing to be down about. Neither do their fans.  Its the best hockey rivalry out there now. 

hats off to both squads.  

Thats how I see it. If U.S wasn't going to win it, I want Canada to. Like to see Price shut the door tomorrow.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Way to reach!

I swear to God ....didnt even know the game was so early.....but you have to admit that Rask is  probably the best goaltender in the World

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Way to reach!

I swear to God ....didnt even know the game was so early.....but you have to admit that Rask is  probably the best goaltender in the World

I dont.  He had sweden flu 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

/QUOTE]

I dont.  He had sweden flu 

Bodog.com gave him good odds on the game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So here we are.  The game.  All of my statements about your players and your country are in jest.  Good, fun ribbing about a big game that we both care about.  We're just on opposite sides. 

I hope your players suck balls and fail miserably.  I hope your keeper is cheese and your forwards continue to fail to score.  I hope your Captain continues to have as many goals as I do, and our guys rip it up again.

Most of all, I hope we get to see a fun game that it filled with emotion and excitement.

And just a little more than that, I hope we (the Americans) get to see your (the Canadians) guys in the crowd as our guys wave from the top step.

We've had a lot of fun chatting about this  We get what we want.  Two amazing teams on paper.  One amazing team on ice.

My friends, my good friends that I've been chatting with about hockey for four years, my Canadian friends who live in one of my favorite countries...up your Bieber whistling arses.

Let's Go USA.

(and when the game and a little bit of smack talk ends, all returns to normal)

Did you jinx your team lol. zero goals since this post lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

So here we are.  The game.  All of my statements about your players and your country are in jest.  Good, fun ribbing about a big game that we both care about.  We're just on opposite sides. 

I hope your players suck balls and fail miserably.  I hope your keeper is cheese and your forwards continue to fail to score.  I hope your Captain continues to have as many goals as I do, and our guys rip it up again.

Most of all, I hope we get to see a fun game that it filled with emotion and excitement.

And just a little more than that, I hope we (the Americans) get to see your (the Canadians) guys in the crowd as our guys wave from the top step.

We've had a lot of fun chatting about this  We get what we want.  Two amazing teams on paper.  One amazing team on ice.

My friends, my good friends that I've been chatting with about hockey for four years, my Canadian friends who live in one of my favorite countries...up your Bieber whistling arses.

Let's Go USA.

Yea that's the NAS jinx.  He jinxed the Bruins when losing to the Caps LOL, right Shot ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Since NAS gave us the gears, and did come out and say that it was for s**ts and giggles, then I guess it's time to return the favour. 

What can you say about a team, who's first line center was traded for a failed defenseman in Luke Schenn. van Riemsdyk is not in the class of Boston's own Patrice Bergeron. I think the lack of a 1st line Center, someone who had either the skill or size to handle the Canadian's D, and relentless back checking, could have made a difference. 

Then you had your 2 scoring wingers, one who tried to go to the net, but didn't get enough scoring chances, to eventually score, in Kane. Kessel of course was on the outter rim, trying to use that wicked wrist shot of his (oh, we are so scared). They didn't pay the price to go to the net.

The Defense. After Sutter, sorry, but Orpik? Really. I will say they did get their sticks in the passing lanes to break up a lot of plays, but they never squeezed out the Canadian attack, and looked like they were over matched all the time. 

Once again, CANADA RULES HOCKEY.

Sorry for being an jerk, but I had to get it off my chest. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You lived up to your choice of your screen name.

You and Bobby Orr don't know where the F*** that is!

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Let's Go USA.

Yea that's the NAS jinx.  He jinxed the Bruins when losing to the Caps LOL, right Shot ?

Actually it was someone esle, I forget who. It was a thread about how this should be easy.

Actually it was someone esle, I forget who. It was a thread about how this should be easy.

It was someone else,forget who,Nas just jumped on the "it will be easy" train. Having confidence in your team was the mantra.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You lived up to your choice of your screen name.

You and Bobby Orr don't know where the F*** that is!

Don't be bitter, you'll always be #4 in the hockey world, and that is pretty good. 

Keep being true to you. Gloat when you have every chance, I know showing class is beneath you.

On top of not knowing where Bobby Orr grew up.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Yesterday the principal at my school announced teachers could bring their classes to the gym to watch the game on the big pull-down projection screen. I brought my little Grade 3 worms to catch the first period.

As I'm sitting there I'm thinking this reminds me of '72 when my teacher back then brought us kids into the gym to watch Canada/USSR on a black 'n white TV propped up on the stage. And now here I was doing the same thing, bringing my own students to watch a big national hockey game but years later.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No, I'm pretty sure that was me.  I was so sick of reading how scared and worried people were, I wanted to inject the opposite.  Of course I wasn't serious about it, but many fools believed I was...which made it that much more fun to continue with my bloated, boastful predictions of a sweep, then in 5, then in 6 then in 7.  LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

perry and chowdah are the only ones so far showing enough insecurity to be a sore winner.  A shame because almost everyone here has been so cool about this fun rivalry.

I'm rooting for Canada against Swedan primarily because I love the N. American style of play compared to the European.  The US and Canada play hockey the way it should be played.  Swedan is close too, but I'll stick with our neighbors.

No, I'm pretty sure that was me.  I was so sick of reading how scared and worried people were, I wanted to inject the opposite.  Of course I wasn't serious about it, but many fools believed I was...which made it that much more fun to continue with my bloated, boastful predictions of a sweep, then in 5, then in 6 then in 7.  LOL

I thought it was someone like Lucicmilan or MilanLucic17,i don't know but there was someone else in on it.At least thats how i remember it.My  memory isn't what it used to be,thats for sure.

I don't think it was you. The thread was titled "Well, this should be easy"(Or something close)..I want to say it was Bisson, though I could be wrong. I know you contributed, I wanted to but I had Caps vs Kings in SCF as my sig si I couldn't but trust me, I thought B's were going ot win no problem.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I thought it was someone like Lucicmilan or MilanLucic17,i don't know but there was someone else in on it.At least thats how i remember it.My  memory isn't what it used to be,thats for sure.

No it was me but I blame the jinx on Shup because I know he rocked his red Brouwer and Chimera jersey's. Horse lovin Mountie!

•  

/QUOTE]

I don't think it was you. The thread was titled "Well, this should be easy"(Or something close)..I want to say it was Bisson, though I could be wrong. I know you contributed, I wanted to but I had Caps vs Kings in SCF as my sig si I couldn't but trust me, I thought B's were going ot win no problem.

Bingo,i think you nailed it.When Bisson posted it should be an easy series,other posters got on him for being too confident and Nas chimed in on the thread and said it would be a sweep. Bisson....i think so?

• Sections
    Shortcuts