To our dearly departed fellow Bruin fans.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

To our dearly departed fellow Bruin fans.

I know I don't have the authority to say this but..this cup is for all of you.
    If there is a heaven, I hope God is wearing his Bs jersey there with you right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: To our dearly departed fellow Bruin fans.

In Response to To our dearly departed fellow Bruin fans.:
    I know I don't have the authority to say this but..this cup is for all of you. If there is a heaven, I hope God is wearing his Bs jersey there with you right now.   
    Posted by Hanrahan1

Surely God is a hockey fan and a diehard Bruins fan. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree. I am a Bruins fan because of my Dad and that is the only thing missing tonight.  It would have been nice to have shared this moment with him.  I hope that somewhere up there, he is smiling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Good post, Hanrahan. I know my Grampie is up in Heaven sporting his Bobby Orr jersey while sippin on a high ball celebrating. This is for all Bruins fans; whether they are currently with us or not. Enjoy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I am far from being religious but I will also say Amen, as I said for my grandparents when the Sox won in 2004 (sadly, my grandmother, who outlasted so many of her friends, just couldn't hang on and died just a couple of years too soon to see it).
     I will be at the grave of a co-worker who also just couldn't hang on to see his Bruins win the cup (died in the fall of 2009), and I shall place this morning's paper on his grave. It's the least I can do, for he gave me so much advice over the years, not just on hockey, but also on life.
     May all the departed rest easy knowing the drought is over, and may all the living recover from their hangovers this morning to face their boss, assuming he isn't also hungover ^_^.

Sections
Shortcuts