to the good folks @boston.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

to the good folks @boston.com

I am not certain this has been posted or suggested to you in the past, however I would like to give some insight of forum and admin moderating of forums.

I have been an admin and moderator on 3 different forums related to gaming and at present am owner of one of these servers.
    Let me start by saying that the good folks here rely on each others opinions and thoughts and handle them with respect and professionalism, however from time to time unwanted disrespectful posters corrupt the good things here at boston.com by posting therebeligerent thoughts only to waste good time and space here.

I know for a fact you get the ignore option and report abuse option alot.

When boston.com removes an accountm you are only removing there email in which is a 5 minute or less fix for them to return.

Your forum code should have the option also to block the ip of such accounts along with there machine ID.

Yes i know this is a fix also for them, but not an easy one, using dynamic ips have there downside also and reformattiing there pc can change there machine id but again not a simple task.

I feel this method will better enhance protecting your already good members from such disrespectful people posts.

Im not certain how your forums are coded for such, as this is just a suggestion.

Thankyou

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: to the good folks @boston.com

see changes and comments thread at the top

Also - to the good folks in general.

IGNORE.  Not just not respond, but entirely IGNORE.  Your time is imporant, my time is important and we can't waste time to even bother to read what the ignorant and\or demented have to say.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another idea.

If a person creates some number of threads that no one responds to (other than themselves), it's a clear indication of being a troll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great job taking a good suggestion thread and turning into junk, BHab.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

Lol

I don't even get that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

Lol

I don't even get that.

Me neither. I just thought it was funny. I gave up on trying to figure this stuff out!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good idea:  Your forum code should have the option also to block the ip of such accounts along with there machine ID.

Bhab idea:  If a person creates some number of threads that no one responds to (other than themselves), it's a clear indication of being a troll.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts