to the longtime posters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

to the longtime posters

San, BadHab, Zappa, Carolina, Shupe, Krispy, Medford Mickey (although he doesn't come to this side of the tracks), RHO, iPot, nitemare, hockeyguy, B's Legion, TTBI, dannycater, BGBleeder, and all the other posters I'm forgetting who have made this forum enjoyable for the past few years (as well as the newer posters who've been around for the last few)...

This one is for you guys! Game 7 of the finals. We've talked about it for years and the day is today. I know we'll talk again win or lose, but I hope for those who've kept the faith all along that your patience, humour, and love of the game is rewarded with the ulitmate trophy for our beloved team.

To the B's.
    This is your moment.
    Seize the day.
    Win. The. Cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: to the longtime posters

I wanted to post something similar thanking all the long posters of such a freat season of read. This is my slitaire during the hockey season and altho alot of posts are personal opinion its great to be here. vs land would be lost with you.
    Thanks to all for a great season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to to the longtime posters:
    San, BadHab, Zappa, Carolina, Shupe, Krispy, Medford Mickey (although he doesn't come to this side of the tracks), RHO, iPot, nitemare, hockeyguy, B's Legion, TTBI, dannycater, BGBleeder, and all the other posters I'm forgetting who have made this forum enjoyable for the past few years (as well as the newer posters who've been around for the last few)... This one is for you guys! Game 7 of the finals. We've talked about it for years and the day is today. I know we'll talk again win or lose, but I hope for those who've kept the faith all along that your patience, humour, and love of the game is rewarded with the ulitmate trophy for our beloved team. To the B's. This is your moment. Seize the day. Win. The. Cup.
    Posted by seobrien

I've waited for this day since I was 3 years old running around the house screaming "number4-Bobby Orr" at the top of my lungs. My parents still swear that was my 1st full sentence........Bottom line, today is a great day to be a hockey fan but an even better day to love the Bruins.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Why no mention of me?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is a crazy day, but the season was made more enjoyable by the posters here and some pretty good quality Bruins tlk, something I wouldn't otherwise have been able to enjoy in the various places I lived this year.

I have one other thing that just made me ore positive about tonight - since the SCF went to a 7 game format in 1939, the home team has won all the games only twice. Good odds for Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm more confident in the Bruins than I have ever been they are on the cusp of winning Stanley Cup, great young players on the team and in the system plus Boston has the #9 pick in this upcoming draft it is indeed a good day to be a Bruins fan!

Thanks great post SE!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to to the longtime posters:
    San, BadHab, Zappa, Carolina, Shupe, Krispy, Medford Mickey (although he doesn't come to this side of the tracks), RHO, iPot, nitemare, hockeyguy, B's Legion, TTBI, dannycater, BGBleeder, and all the other posters I'm forgetting who have made this forum enjoyable for the past few years (as well as the newer posters who've been around for the last few)... This one is for you guys! Game 7 of the finals. We've talked about it for years and the day is today. I know we'll talk again win or lose, but I hope for those who've kept the faith all along that your patience, humour, and love of the game is rewarded with the ulitmate trophy for our beloved team. To the B's. This is your moment. Seize the day. Win. The. Cup.
    Posted by seobrien

Well said and my thoughts exactly, this is what we all have been waiting for and i firmly believe it will have been worth the wait. For some of us  ( me included ) it has been a long wait but after every agonizing loss and every thrilling victory it has been fantastic it to cheer on my team through thick and thin. Keep the faith fellow fans and to the newer fans on here believe me when i say cheering for this team is worth every second. Go B'sss !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I'm pretty new here but I've been a fan for around 40 years now. Great board made so by in large by great posters.
    But can't help thinking of one of my very best friends Jay McGrath, a fellow Bruins fanatic, who died of a terminal illness a few years ago and never as an adult saw the Bruins get this close to the Cup. I really wish he could see this.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Win or lose I'm proud of this team, the gm, still feel mixed emotions about the coach, he's winning, but I still disagree with some decisions, but all in all I'm proud of the team.

The deals the gm pulled were the right ones.

Even JJ, that despicable scrooge has changed the whole of the NHL with the lockout so that the Bruins can win and cup and he's going to make money and  he pays the least - and took himself out of the spotlight by hiring Cam.

There's plenty of congrats deserved all around for this organization.

This is our day, win or lose.

If they win without Horton, even better.

If they lose, we will be saying tomorrow that they lost a cup only by 'x' many goals, not games, not playoff rounds.

We win no matter the outcome of tonight's game.

We win because the Bruins are a gutsier team.

We win because we are going to have the better part of the coming decade with a cup contending team.

I call it year #1 of the Seguin era, and he's no where near what he's going to turn out to be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, if we make it to the promise land tonight, my thoughts will be with many of the good people here, and even some of the not-so-good people. 

Cheers.  Enjoy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In Response to Re: to the longtime posters:
    Why no mention of me?
    Posted by habsno17

I know what you mean. After all you have some of the longest posts on the board.

BTW, your cup is in Vancouver at the moment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Thanks, guys.  Let's hope it's a night remember.  Fwiw, I used to post on bostonbruins.com when they had a board...or at least I think that's where it was...  I remember the Red Sox beat the Cardinals that year so it was probably 2004?  I'm glad I eventually found my way here because I appreciate the thoughts shared.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Win it for the fans, Bruins.  Remember what the three games in Boston sounded like.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm pretty new here but I've been a fan for around 40 years now. Great board made so by in large by great posters. But can't help thinking of one of my very best friends Jay McGrath, a fellow Bruins fanatic, who died of a terminal illness a few years ago and never as an adult saw the Bruins get this close to the Cup. I really wish he could see this.   
    Posted by Hanrahan1

you're not the only one thinking of others who have passed.  my father passed away of cancer in 95.  he was also a lifelong bruins fan and we never got to watch them win the cup together (that i remember, i was 3 months old for the 72 cup).  i went down to boston for game 3 with my wife and kept thinking how great it would've been to share that moment with him instead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Cant believe they can win the cup tonight.  It seems so surreal right now. 

Ive been posting here for 5 1/2 years now.  Doesnt seem like it.  There has been a TON of crap on this board since I've been here.  Seen LOTS of good posters move on (and some bad ones) because of the trolls and non-sense from posters marauding as "fans", but overall I think we've weeded out the garbage.  The site has been pretty good overall as of late.  Hope we have LOTS of good things to talk about this summer, a time when I usually stray from the board.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

lots of nice thoughts from all of the regulars. IMO this Bruins team is the foundation for a good run in coming years. There will be changes, some we'll like , others we won't, but we can express our thoughts and perspectives here, hopefully without any of the personal asides that muck up the hockey thoughts. Go Bruins and feel very compatable with Bad Hab's perspective on Cam, Peter, and most of all, Claude.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...and DrCC, of course. one of the best posters ever!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: to the longtime posters : you're not the only one thinking of others who have passed.  my father passed away of cancer in 95.  he was also a lifelong bruins fan and we never got to watch them win the cup together (that i remember, i was 3 months old for the 72 cup).  i went down to boston for game 3 with my wife and kept thinking how great it would've been to share that moment with him instead.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

I feel the same way about my grandfather, another diehard Bruins fan. I remember in '84 when the Bombers finally won the Grey Cup after decades of futility and how estatic he was. I'll be picturing that reaction in my head tonight, knowing it would be the same one he'd have if the Bruins win tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Sea, I posted similarly yesterday while considering how much blood, sweat and tears we've been through as long time fans....of various flavours.

It's great to be awaiting a Cup win that has been so elusive for sooooooooooo many years. Here's to hoping we can all celebrate later tonight......

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

As I read this, I keep seeing and thinking of names, I want to say "oh yeah! them too!" There are so many people here who make the game doubly enjoyable for me. I really feel it is like a fraternity. I've never been a huge poster and know most of you from the in-game blogs dating back before this discussion  board even existed.

Hockey is the best sport there is. Now the masses are finally figuring it out. Welcome to the bandwagon, climb on board, we've got plenty of room.

There are also some maroons that still just come to stir the muck and wallow in their misery (see sandoggy's tag line). To all you haters, trolls, and poor-sports. Cram it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigMonty. Show bigMonty's posts

im not a long time poster but am a lifelong fan, and I cant believe how close we are to a cup! I cried at least years exit, and will probably shed a few tears again tonight, hopefully of the happy variety!!!

lately i have been posting more on here, it seems the level of trolling HAS gone down, which initially kept me away, but not now.

Bring the Cup back to Boston!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ba20832d6ab31c06802afe3436147821&plckUserId=ba20832d6ab31c06802afe3436147821">
    First: 3/25/2006
    Last: 6/15/2011
    As I read this, I keep seeing and thinking of names, I want to say "oh yeah! them too!" There are so many people here who make the game doubly enjoyable for me. I really feel it is like a fraternity. I've never been a huge poster and know most of you from the in-game blogs dating back before this discussion  board even existed.

Hockey is the best sport there is. Now the masses are finally figuring it out. Welcome to the bandwagon, climb on board, we've got plenty of room.

There are also some maroons that still just come to stir the muck and wallow in their misery (see sandoggy's tag line). To all you haters, trolls, and poor-sports. Cram it!

Nice original post and follow up-- even though I am not mentioned, I feel like at times I contribute  to this board and appreciate posts like these for the real fans and followers of the Bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think this is what Roberta was hoping for...pumping tires for everyone...Go B's!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts