Today's Game Better Be Entertaining!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Today's Game Better Be Entertaining!

For a long time, when people would cry about a Bruins loss, I'd chime in with the fact that I enjoyed the game anyway.  I love playing hockey.  I love watching hockey.  Even when the team I want to win does not, I still enjoy watching the games.

Thursday night's game was not fun to watch at all. This "fly the zone" style of the Caps, which could also be called "ice the puck", is awful.  Outside of Semin's rip, which was an incredible shot, that game was torture.  1,000 whistles and nothing in between.

Hopefully today, win or lose, the game will at least be entertaining.  Devils' games in the mid-90's were more entertaining than Thursday's game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining!

Agree 100%. At least Rangers game shows off the talent on both sides. These are just brutal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

This has easily been the worst series I've watched so far this playoffs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining!:
    This has easily been the worst series I've watched so far this playoffs. 
    Posted by jalvis

Preds-Wings was a snoozer last night too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : Preds-Wings was a snoozer last night too.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I hope you are changing your sig later today!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : Preds-Wings was a snoozer last night too.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Just awful!

I don't need a game to be a three ring circus to enjoy it.  A few fights because guys are angry is good.  Great passing, great checking, great shots...that's hockey.  Stop and go, ice it at all times, cover every loose puck, jam it on the boards for at least 15 seconds, clog the neutral zone, dump and chase...ugh.  Just terrible hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I am getting sick of the 1-4 trap, dump the puck icing faceoffs it seems both teams are scare to open up and play entertaining hockey. NAS i hope today you are right. The neutral zone cough ups will still be present. Thomas did say Semin (that was a sniper shot) has one of the toughest shots to face. I still want the Bruins to win and still want some good hockey, the Rolling Stones wrote "You can't always get what you want sometimes you get what you need."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : Just awful! I don't need a game to be a three ring circus to enjoy it.  A few fights because guys are angry is good.  Great passing, great checking, great shots...that's hockey.  Stop and go, ice it at all times, cover every loose puck, jam it on the boards for at least 15 seconds, clog the neutral zone, dump and chase...ugh.  Just terrible hockey.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I at least saw a couple of times last game where the Bruins attempted the long play up the gut to combat the 1-4(or whatever it is the Caps are playing). I look for CJ and the Bruins to make some quiet adjustments to the game plan that will lead to a pair of weekend victories.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Posted by dezaruchi

I wouldn't know.  Didn't see it.  That has been the series I've seen the least of.  Sounds like I didn't miss out on much. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : I at least saw a couple of times last game where the Bruins attempted the long play up the gut to combat the 1-4(or whatever it is the Caps are playing). I look for CJ and the Bruins to make some quiet adjustments to the game plan that will lead to a pair of weekend victories.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed and now I hope the Bruins win even more just because I hate the fact that the Caps are resorting to this type of hockey. Beat them and prove the boring way is not the answer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : Agreed and now I hope the Bruins win even more just because I hate the fact that the Caps are resorting to this type of hockey. Beat them and prove the boring way is not the answer.
    Posted by kelvana33

I'm not sure why it was so much more exciting last year against T-Bay but it was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I was wondering if it was just me. I love hockey and love the Bruins so this should be the best TV of the year...but I have to force myself to watch. I rather see the pit-Philly games. I will second that I hope this game today brings the qualities I love about the sport. In response to "Today's Game Better Be Entertaining!":
    For a long time, when people would cry about a Bruins loss, I'd chime in with the fact that I enjoyed the game anyway.  I love playing hockey.  I love watching hockey.  Even when the team I want to win does not, I still enjoy watching the games. Thursday night's game was not fun to watch at all. This "fly the zone" style of the Caps, which could also be called "ice the puck", is awful.  Outside of Semin's rip, which was an incredible shot, that game was torture.  1,000 whistles and nothing in between. Hopefully today, win or lose, the game will at least be entertaining.  Devils' games in the mid-90's were more entertaining than Thursday's game! Posted by Not-A-Shot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : I'm not sure why it was so much more exciting last year against T-Bay but it was.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Game 7 vs. Tampa was one of the best games I've ever witnessed. It doesn't have to be high-scoring to be entertaining. That game had lots of real chances, but also very responsible play on both sides. Great goaltending. Nice speed on transition. Offenses were making good plays and moving the puck well, but the defense would be there in the end and foil things at just the moment you thought a scoring play was imminent.

This series is just awful. Scoring plays aren't developing at all, so it's been a lot of minutes with no chance of a goal. Brutal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Posted by dezaruchi

Yep.  Watched the end to end, high-speed Philly/Pens game.  Loud Pittsburgh crowd just added to the intensity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : Agreed and now I hope the Bruins win even more just because I hate the fact that the Caps are resorting to this type of hockey. Beat them and prove the boring way is not the answer.
    Posted by kelvana33

Exactly, kel.  As they did with TB's vaunted 1-3-1 last year as implemented by the revolutionary (at that time) Guy Boucher.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Totally agree with this -- boring games so far.  Better turn it around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I've been saying this even after the Bruins won game3 , AWFUL.  IT'S ANTI-HOCKEY!
    While watching this series I ask myself , how do teams survive playing this style ?
    Seems easy enough,  play all back, make sure the other team is out numbered in your own end, pass the puck up to your super stars and hope they can win the game on one shot (or on the PP).

Get ready today because that exactly what the Caps will do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Today's Game Better Be Entertaining! : I at least saw a couple of times last game where the Bruins attempted the long play up the gut to combat the 1-4(or whatever it is the Caps are playing). I look for CJ and the Bruins to make some quiet adjustments to the game plan that will lead to a pair of weekend victories.
    Posted by dezaruchi

True Dez, big adjustments with the lines.
    Personally I don't like some of the lines.  
    Paille with Bergeron and Peverley ?  and Rolston with Krejci and Lucic ?
    I like what Rolston has brought I would have him on the 4th line and Marchand still up with Begeron.
    Looks like a panic move, too many changes.
    Then again ..... (my sig line)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and one more thing .  CAN THE BRUINS SCORE THE 1ST GOAL !!!!
    I know you've all heard this a million times and I'm sure Julien has been drilled it into their heads at the start of every game.
    Bruins score first, Bruins win the game. 
    Caps will open up and no more 4 men back then the Bruins take control.

Wow 3 post one after another on this thread.  This thread touched a sensitive spot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If I wanted to fall asleep watching the game, I'd put on baseball!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the caps are playing scared.....that is why the series is so boring

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude is panicking if he skates these proposed lines. He has not even inserted Caron who proved he was better in front of the net, and creating scoring chances, than half the forwards. I agree on the boring perspective, but Hunter knows what he has to do to win, and Claude doesn't seem to have a clue. Claude has not criticized his "captain" for both goals in the Caps last win. Claude has not had his defense rush the shooter to create poor shot selection; Claude is not changing his system to stir the pot; Claude is not stimulating anything at this point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Agree 100%. At least Rangers game shows off the talent on both sides. These are just brutal.
    Posted by asmaha

Tell me about it i was watching Philly, Penquins game and Detroit game last night,and they were both exciting to watch,and The Bruins games i'm literaly nodding of .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Everyone agrees this series has been boring!
    Waiting for the one goal. It is like soccer on ice.
    sorry soccer fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Expect more of the same from the Caps. It's working for them, and they could care less whether its entertaining. Their goal is to move onto the next round and they'll use what works to get there.

Sections
Shortcuts