Today's Headline- Will the NHL ever Ban Fighting.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Today's Headline- Will the NHL ever Ban Fighting.

So, I am at the Leafs/ Bruins game the other night, 2 fights broke out, and one wrestling match. To my amazement all the fans went quiet, and put their heads down so they didn't have to watch the violence. After the second fight most of the people started to leave. So, I am left with only one conclusion. It is clear to me that there is no appetite for fighting at a Pro-hockey game. 

Can you honestly see Ed Synder allowing fighting to be taken out of hockey? Seriously. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Today's Headline- Will the NHL ever Ban Fighting.

I doubt the NHL would, but USA and Canada Hockey will probably do it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

tukka how is your groin feeling?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Today's Headline- Will the NHL ever Ban Fighting.:
    So, I am at the Leafs/ Bruins game the other night, 2 fights broke out, and one wrestling match. To my amazement all the fans went quiet, and put their heads down so they didn't have to watch the violence. After the second fight most of the people started to leave. So, I am left with only one conclusion. It is clear to me that there is no appetite for fighting at a Pro-hockey game.  Can you honestly see Ed Synder allowing fighting to be taken out of hockey? Seriously. 
    Posted by perrysound

Or they didn't have any appetite for the Leafs play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

I don't think that people that don't actually play the game should even be allowed to vote. If anyone should decide it should be the players. They are the ones playing the game. Everyone else should shut up and f off, and let them decide.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The folks who actually have tickets at the ACC are some of the least passionate in the game. You want to see how real hockey fans feel about fighting, watch the reaction of the crowd when there's a bout in the Garden, Calgary, Winnipeg, or Edmonton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't like those staged fights between so-called heavy weights but the spur of the moment angry fights like Seids & Armstrong are great, because we all understand that feeling. Fighting is going nowhere. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That TSN poll had the player support for fighting at something like 97%, didn't it?  So long as that number is so high, fighting stays. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Like Stan, I think there are two types of fights, the crappy/embarassing staged fights and the intense fights.   Those staged fights are a product of the late 80s and should be banned (somehow).  Don't give me the story about those fights picking up a team.  Thats BS.  After one of those, you can see the guys on the bench and most of them are rolling their eyes.  The intense ones like Seids, are what makes hockey great.

There is a reason why the playoffs are great to watch, all the intensity but none of the fake fighting.  

I think if you ban fighting altogether, that will open the doors on more cheap shots though.  Since the refs have discretion on the severity of checks/hits, maybe they should have that for fights.  If Thorton does that pathetic dance with some other goon, kick them out of the game.   Sieds fight, just a 5 min major.

Sections
Shortcuts