Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes?

The Bruins would be mad to let Paille go. Great skater, great penalty killer, low cap hit. Sure he's got hands of stone but if he could score he'd be a star.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes?:
    In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : They have Krejci, Seguin, Bergeron, Peverly all on this team and signed. Campbell or some other 4th line center will be inexpensive. I still think Seguin centers the top line, Bergeron the 2nd, Krejci what could be the best 3rd line in the league and then you fill the 4th.
    Posted by asmaha

Good point on the centers. Weird to think about Seguin playing center, of course that was his role in the OHL.

I still don't see where the money to sign Parise comes from.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Savard and Thomas not being here basicaly BFIPT. I'd be okay with those trade offs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Let Thomas and Rask compete for the starter position.....good by me. Why give up a great tandem?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The truth is, until a new CBA is ratified, none of us have have a clue what the 12-13 Bruins' starting lineup will be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Horton's health dictates the third or fourth line makeup for next year.  If he is out the Kelly must be signed and yes Krejci becomes trade fodder.  The rookies are not going to replace his 25 something goals, tough play and playoff success.  The management must be thinking he will be back thus the comment on the make over on the third fourth lines.   In line with the thread, Rask....simple... sign and make a decision on Thomas.  As I have stated the best case scenario is leave the goaltending alone.  Yet..... Kelly, $$$ and the Horton health issue are the factors on resigning.  Campbell, nope, like his play but he will be signed by another team as a third line center. Pouliot, CJ tutleage and $$ are the factors.  Speed kills with a third line of Kelly, Pouliot and Peverly.   Paille, his playoff play last year will garner him a comfy contract elsewhere. Rolston, nope, of course I did not like Recchi so that indicates I know nothing on the value of veterans on the team. Corvo, he earned himself a contract with better play in the playoffs, Toronto? hehe. Hamilton will make the team, Mattau is the logic choice of defensemen, the Ference hatred on this board is confusing... he has a positive effect on the team not a negative.  He may be thinking big contract in a year, I highly doubt it.  
    Posted by islamorada

.. sign and make a decision on Thomas.  As I have stated the best case scenario is leave the goaltending alone.  Yet.....

I truly believe we've seen the best of Thomas we'll ever see (2011), and I'll always thank him for it. But if ever there was a time to roll the dice and hope Rask can be a dependable #1 goalie NOW is that time.

The NHL is a league of parity now perhaps even moreso than the NFL. If the Bruins essentially stand pat and move some 3rd/4th liners around and then HOPE that Horton returns to full form to fill the obvious offensive void we saw this post-season, well...that's a lot of wishful thinking IMO....trading Thomas now frees up some money, and if PC is willing to really Riverboat Gamble, I'd throw in a guy like Lucic and a lower round pick to bring in a BIG gun a la Nash from CBJ before the NYR get their hooks in him.

yeah, losing Looch would be a shame in some ways but I'll wager a hungry Nash would more than make up for the sometimes great, sometimes "meh" Lucic, the latter of which we saw much more in round 1 this season.

Time to trade TT while his stock is high...take a shot that Rask is the right man at the right time and that Khubodin maybe a gem in the making as well.

Failing all that show Corvo the door as fast as is humanly possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The truth is, until a new CBA is ratified, none of us have have a clue what the 12-13 Bruins' starting lineup will be.
    Posted by biggskye

Good point but I really do not see any major changes to the CBA coming. It will likely be very much like the old one with the added provision of allowing stupid GM's to buy out some horrendous contracts (they always get an out like this).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : .. sign and make a decision on Thomas.  As I have stated the best case scenario is leave the goaltending alone.  Yet..... I truly believe we've seen the best of Thomas we'll ever see (2011), and I'll always thank him for it. But if ever there was a time to roll the dice and hope Rask can be a dependable #1 goalie NOW is that time. The NHL is a league of parity now perhaps even moreso than the NFL. If the Bruins essentially stand pat and move some 3rd/4th liners around and then HOPE that Horton returns to full form to fill the obvious offensive void we saw this post-season, well...that's a lot of wishful thinking IMO....trading Thomas now frees up some money, and if PC is willing to really Riverboat Gamble, I'd throw in a guy like Lucic and a lower round pick to bring in a BIG gun a la Nash from CBJ before the NYR get their hooks in him. yeah, losing Looch would be a shame in some ways but I'll wager a hungry Nash would more than make up for the sometimes great, sometimes "meh" Lucic, the latter of which we saw much more in round 1 this season. Time to trade TT while his stock is high...take a shot that Rask is the right man at the right time and that Khubodin maybe a gem in the making as well. Failing all that show Corvo the door as fast as is humanly possible.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I see two problems with trading Thomas.
    1st, in a salary cap world, there is a very fine line between, winning the cup, and not even making the playoffs. In such an evenly matched league, Thomas offers something unique, that the other teams cannot match.
    Yes, there are other great goalies, but none were ever able to do what TT did, in 2011. Can he do it one more time? I've learned to never doubt what he may be capable of.
    2nd, fairly or not, I am not convinced Rask is physically strong enough to be a starter, in the NHL. He seems to be a little fragile for a heavy workload.
       As far as Nash goes, I don't see anyone making a pitch for him, until it is determined where Parise signs.
    IMO, Parise will sign for less than what Nash is paid, because a contending team does not pay wingers, 8M +. Those deals are made by bottom feeding teams, that need a marquee player, while staying at the cap minimum.
    To use Boston as an example. Why trade Lucic & Krejci to Columbus, for Nash, instead of trading them for multiple 1st round draft picks and/or quality prospects, and signing Parise for about 1M less of a cap hit?
    And as far as Corvo goes, he has probably already left town.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : Good point but I really do not see any major changes to the CBA coming. It will likely be very much like the old one with the added provision of allowing stupid GM's to buy out some horrendous contracts (they always get an out like this).
    Posted by jmwalters

I'm actually expecting a battle, that will probably result in a delay to the start of the season.
    I know the owners want...
    -a higher  % of the profits
    -a reduced cap floor
    -a structured system that limits what a player can make with his 2nd contract
    -another league wide % reduction of current salaries

Right now, they can't even agree in who's at fault for the negotiations to have not even started yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : I'm actually expecting a battle, that will probably result in a delay to the start of the season. I know the owners want... -a higher  % of the profits -a reduced cap floor -a structured system that limits what a player can make with his 2nd contract -another league wide % reduction of current salaries Right now, they can't even agree in who's at fault for the negotiations to have not even started yet.
    Posted by biggskye

That would be very interesting indeed. To be sure, however, a delay in the season to simply line the owners pockets even more would not likely sit well with fans, especially in the wake of ever increasing ticket prices.

Sections
Shortcuts