Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes?

Rask 96% want him to stay
    Kelly 96% want him to stay
    Campbell 73% want him to stay
    Poulit 72% want him to stay
    Paille 53% want him to stay 

Rolston 33% want him to stay

Here is shocker only 3.5% wanted Corvo to stay

38% wanted thomas traded and 33% want him back to compete for starting position with rask.

There you go PC and company this will make the decisions more simple.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes?

It's funny, really.  I'm happy enough to let Kelly, Pouliot, Paille and Campbell walk.  I think the one of those four I'd keep is Campbell.  I think Kelly will deserve more money than he's worth to the Bruins, who don't need a shutdown centre as much as a 3rd C who can score 20 goals.  Kelly won't do that again, but he'll probably get paid like he will.  Corvo, door.  The one guy I said walk but then changed my mind is Rolston.  If he'll talk $1.5M to be a third liner, with another $1M in veteran bonus, I think he'd be good value.  Similar thought with Mottau who should be no better than the 7th D, but would be well suited to being the pine butt if Hamilton is phased in a la McQuaid and Boychuk a few years back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yea I want to see Rolston stay. Kelly would be nice to keep for cheap (if possible), Pouliot with no raise would be nice. And I voted to lose Mattau, but if he can stay as a depth d-man in say Providence or as the 7th I'd be fine with his nearly league minimum pay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Except for Rask, they can all go in my opinion. I have no problem with any of them but the B's can probably do better. Poor Corvo, I am definitely not an apologist for him, but I feel kind of sorry for the guy in some ways. See yah and good luck in the future Joe, wherever it takes you (please let it be TO).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rask will stay no reason he wouldn't, PC would have to be overwhelmed with an offer to let him go. I am a big fan of Paille hope he is kept need that speed on the PK. However like Kelly and Campbell probably priced himself out of Boston.

With the Krug signing I don't think PC can afford Zanon which is unfortunate he's good insurance. Maybe Greg is brought back if Ference isn't brought back in 2013.

I would not be surprised if P00 P00 is resigned that's allot of goals for the money. If Julien has his way it will be nothing but grinders on the 3rd n 4th line instead of speed and skill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Maybe SanDawg they would keep Mattau and let Zannon go...Not based on who is better between the two, but rather who they can keep for a cheaper deal and still have an NHL starter.

As far as jmwalters thought about they can all go (except Rask), makes me wonder who we are going to get to suit up in their positions ? That's a total make over of the #3 and #4 lines (exception to Thorton). Who could we get that would perform as well or better ?  Just curious.

As far as the goalies go, nothing is written in stone. Who knows what GM will come along and think they need a TT or a Rask and would be willing to pay what PC would be asking.

It will be interesting times this off season and I would venture to say that the Bruins will be tweaked. There will be a different line up come Sept. Can hardly wait to see how this unfolds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe SanDawg they would keep Mattau and let Zannon go...Not based on who is better between the two, but rather who they can keep for a cheaper deal and still have an NHL starter. As far as jmwalters thought about they can all go (except Rask), makes me wonder who we are going to get to suit up in their positions ? That's a total make over of the #3 and #4 lines (exception to Thorton). Who could we get that would perform as well or better ?  Just curious. As far as the goalies go, nothing is written in stone. Who knows what GM will come along and think they need a TT or a Rask and would be willing to pay what PC would be asking. It will be interesting times this off season and I would venture to say that the Bruins will be tweaked. There will be a different line up come Sept. Can hardly wait to see how this unfolds.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

I really can't see Zanon being too keen and taking a paycut to stay in Boston as a 6-7 D man when there is likely some team out there willing to pay him what he has been this year ($2.1 million) and be a top 4 D man like he was in Minny. Motteau may be the better option as you point out. However, if Hamilton or Krug can't crack next year's lineup then perhaps more money could be spent to get more quality for that position.

As for my ideas on who to fill the vacant roster spaces, please feel free to check out OatesCam's The Realisitic Move thread. Its all laid out there for critique.

I agree, it will be fun to see what PC actually does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Resign Rask and Campbell as priorities.  Rask deserves his time and the team will play better in front of him, once he plays regularly.  Campbell plays too many important roles to be let go.  I agree that Kelly will sign elsewhere and Paille probably deserves more than he'll get here, as I don't see him cracking the top three lines.  I'd give Pouliot another year but only if it's for short money. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i guess i'm looking differently than some. Kelly @ $3.0 is a definite asset for 3rd line and PK. Retain Pouliot because he improved and showed some skills during the season[ no $ increase yet]; Kelly/Peverly/Pouliot should work. Maybe Claude would like all grinders in the bottom 6, which is the first clue to Thornton's new contract. IMO it's a blind spot for Claude, and Peter has given him his desire. Paille is tough to figure. love his work effort, but not his stone hands. A Beagle, Knuble, Chimera  or someone like that would be better replacement for both Paille and Campbell. Someone needs to re-invent a Bruins PP format. Neither Claude or his existing staff seem to have a clue. Defense shouldn't be too much to change with McQuaid returning; Hamilton arriving; and I would sign Mottau for his $ and smarts to help coach Hamilton's evolution.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I say get some skill, and if that means giving up a binky, the give it up. We got "defensive' players, we got "blue collar" types, "two way" players, physical etc....

If possible - get a sniping freak Thomas Vanek type talent, or a real crafty Marc Savard type. This roster could use a little turbo boost and volatility. Not sayin it easy to do, or available, but that would be the direction I'd try to go in. I wouldn't mind a little more top heavy roster

Maybe give a shot to a couple of yutes to make room

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The two whuut?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My thoughts on keeping Rolston and Mottau are predicated on providing opportunity for yutes.  I started something on the realistic move thread and realized that I was looking for about 5 kids to fill spots - not going to happen - so I had to pull up lame.  Rolston in a third line role with Peverley and Caron is intriguing assuming he can stay healthy and still skate well enough to play more like Bruin Rolston than Islander Rolston.  I don't imagine a point a game pace like he had over the last 15.  The Bruins already have Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, and McQuaid under contract for next year.  If they do decide to keep Hamilton in Boston for 9 games or for the season, they'll probably want to have the option to pull him for a veteran of some description if he starts to get overwhelmed, so someone with experience will need to fill the 7th D role.  Mottau's a cheap option and he didn't look awful in the playoffs.  I'm assuming Krug will be "seasoned" in Providence.

Up front, though - maybe Knight sticks on the fourth line or as a 13th forward, and he and Rolston flip flop from time to time to give the kid more ice if he deserves it.  Maybe it's someone else, like Spooner or Sauve or whoever, but Rolston would be a good veteran option to rotate with a more kid-centered energy line (plus Thornton).  The big risk there, in my eyes, is that there is no prospect who takes a spot.  Just spots to be given away unless there's a Rolston there to place-hold and better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]My thoughts on keeping Rolston and Mottau are predicated on providing opportunity for yutes.  I started something on the realistic move thread and realized that I was looking for about 5 kids to fill spots - not going to happen - so I had to pull up lame.  Rolston in a third line role with Peverley and Caron is intriguing assuming he can stay healthy and still skate well enough to play more like Bruin Rolston than Islander Rolston.  I don't imagine a point a game pace like he had over the last 15.  The Bruins already have Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, and McQuaid under contract for next year.  If they do decide to keep Hamilton in Boston for 9 games or for the season, they'll probably want to have the option to pull him for a veteran of some description if he starts to get overwhelmed, so someone with experience will need to fill the 7th D role.  Mottau's a cheap option and he didn't look awful in the playoffs.  I'm assuming Krug will be "seasoned" in Providence. Up front, though - maybe Knight sticks on the fourth line or as a 13th forward, and he and Rolston flip flop from time to time to give the kid more ice if he deserves it.  Maybe it's someone else, like Spooner or Sauve or whoever, but Rolston would be a good veteran option to rotate with a more kid-centered energy line (plus Thornton).  The big risk there, in my eyes, is that there is no prospect who takes a spot.  Just spots to be given away unless there's a Rolston there to place-hold and better.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Interesting you have Peverley slotted to play third line center. That is definitely an option, he is a natural centerman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I love the fact that we have such passionate AND knowledgeable fans here....Thanks for some great scenarios. It keeps us Bruin fans thinking good thoughts for next season....cheers to all of you...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : Interesting you have Peverley slotted to play third line center. That is definitely an option, he is a natural centerman.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I like Peverley more on the wing with his speed, and I dont think he's nearly on good on face offs as Bergeron, Krejci and Kelly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : I like Peverley more on the wing with his speed, and I dont think he's nearly on good on face offs as Bergeron, Krejci and Kelly.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I agree but, as I mentioned on the "Realistic Move" thread we actually have a glut of top 3 centermen under contract; Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, and Peverely. Perhaps it is time to put Seguin back into his natural position and, if he is struggling there, Peverley can switch it up with him. There is a reason why PC chose to sign Peverley and Krecji to pretty sweet extensions and not Kelly. Peverley has more offensive upside and is more versatile than Kelly. And sooner or later Seguin is going to be a centerman. Why not 2012-13?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : If Peverley-Seguin works I will be pleasantly surprised.  It never has in the past.  Then again Seguin is better now than he was when they were on the same line before. The problem is neither Seguin or Peverley are strong physically. That's why I'd rather have Kelly than Peverley. Peverley is definitely better in a vacuum, but the fit isn't as good. Lucic            Krejci           Horton Marchand    Bergeron        Caron x              Kelly/Peverley  Seguin MacDermid      x              Thornton I'd like to find a fourth line center who will accept $1 mil, and is a better fighter than Campbell.  I'm fine with Kelly leaving, if they think Peverley fits on the same line with Seguin.  Because in my opinion that is the optimal setup for this team.  The other player on the Seguin line has to be something substantial to make that a very threatening line. 
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

That's along the same lines as what I am thinking. I believe if Seguin is told in the summer he will center a line then he will work dilligently on his faceoffs and positioning. Again, if it does not work then Peverely is a competent center. I think Caron can fit on the third line at best, at least to start the season and see how it goes. That leaves one top 6 winger and a 4rth line center. That top six winger may come through a trade or an astute  FA signing. 4rth liners are a dime a dozen so I am not concerned with filling that spot. This is ideal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : If Peverley-Seguin works I will be pleasantly surprised.  It never has in the past.  Then again Seguin is better now than he was when they were on the same line before. The problem is neither Seguin or Peverley are strong physically. That's why I'd rather have Kelly than Peverley. Peverley is definitely better in a vacuum, but the fit isn't as good. Lucic            Krejci           Horton Marchand    Bergeron        Caron x              Kelly/Peverley  Seguin MacDermid      x              Thornton I'd like to find a fourth line center who will accept $1 mil, and is a better fighter than Campbell.  I'm fine with Kelly leaving, if they think Peverley fits on the same line with Seguin.  Because in my opinion that is the optimal setup for this team.  The other player on the Seguin line has to be something substantial to make that a very threatening line.
    If Peverley is 3rd line center and we keep Seguin on the wing, why move Seguin to the 3rd line and put Caron on the 2nd line? Also, everyone seems to assume Horton is returning at full strength-not guaranteed. Rolston at 1.5M-2.0M is a good investment if he takes it-PK, PP and checking skills are still there. 

Lucic_Krejci-????
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Caron-Peverley-Rolston/Spooner
    McDermid-Campbell-Thornton

Maybe get Dominic Moore out of Tampa Bay if Campbell moves on. Aside from Parise and perhaps Hudler, there are no outstsnding wingers coming on the FA market. If Horton isn't available, PC may have to trade to fill that slot (or move Seguin up). He doesn't have much to offer in the trade market beyond the NHL roster. He may need these kids coming from Junior to fill out his roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We seem to get stuck in the same ol' system, but every year is a new opportunity. Krejci used to be the 3rd line center. Marchand started last year on the 4th. Players come and go. Why not take a long, hard look at the actual talent and put them where they really should play, then see where the holes are?

Kelly is expendable because they already have a #3 center. Pouliot is back because they don't have a #3 RW. Campbell could return because they don't have a #4 center. Paille is gone because they already have a #4 RW. And that's before you give a shot to any of the younger guys. Account for a Rask raise and small Pouliot bump, and it leaves $5.5 mil to sign two guys. Like so....

X-Seguin-Horton
    Lucic-Bergeron-Peverly
    Marchand-Krejci-Pouliot
    Thornton-X-Caron

Chara-Boychuck
    Seids-McQuaid
    Ference-Hamilton/Zanon/Mottau

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]We seem to get stuck in the same ol' system, but every year is a new opportunity. Krejci used to be the 3rd line center. Marchand started last year on the 4th. Players come and go. Why not take a long, hard look at the actual talent and put them where they really should play, then see where the holes are? Kelly is expendable because they already have a #3 center. Pouliot is back because they don't have a #3 RW. Campbell could return because they don't have a #4 center. Paille is gone because they already have a #4 RW. And that's before you give a shot to any of the younger guys. Like so.... X-Seguin-Horton Lucic-Bergeron-Peverly Marchand-Krejci-Pouliot Thornton-X-Caron Chara-Boychuck Seids-McQuaid Ference-Hamilton/Zanon/Mottau
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

The most difficult piece will be the acquisition of a top 6 winger. Look for a surprise trade after July 1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Another option for the fourth line:  Spooner-Khokhlachev-Knight

It would be difficult to think that three rookies will make the team at the same time. Four if you count Hamilton on D. Just won't happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

There's one catch to letting Kelly go, which almost seems destined at this point and which sadly will force me to change my avatar. You need to fill in that third line center position and that won't come cheap. All of these Parise to Boston dreams just don't make sense as the team has holes to fill elsewhere, including resigning Rask, which is going to be harder than most people anticipate.

For me the issue will be the injuries-- whether Chiarelli finally claims Savard's money as LTIR and if Horton also goes LTIR to start the season. That is what may open up the budget for a guy like Parise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Horton's health dictates the third or fourth line makeup for next year.  If he is out the Kelly must be signed and yes Krejci becomes trade fodder.  The rookies are not going to replace his 25 something goals, tough play and playoff success.  The management must be thinking he will be back thus the comment on the make over on the third fourth lines.  

In line with the thread, Rask....simple... sign and make a decision on Thomas.  As I have stated the best case scenario is leave the goaltending alone.  Yet.....

Kelly, $$$ and the Horton health issue are the factors on resigning. 

Campbell, nope, like his play but he will be signed by another team as a third line center.

Pouliot, CJ tutleage and $$ are the factors.  Speed kills with a third line of Kelly, Pouliot and Peverly.  

Paille, his playoff play last year will garner him a comfy contract elsewhere.

Rolston, nope, of course I did not like Recchi so that indicates I know nothing on the value of veterans on the team.

Corvo, he earned himself a contract with better play in the playoffs, Toronto? hehe.

Hamilton will make the team, Mattau is the logic choice of defensemen, the Ference hatred on this board is confusing... he has a positive effect on the team not a negative.  He may be thinking big contract in a year, I highly doubt it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]There's one catch to letting Kelly go, which almost seems destined at this point and which sadly will force me to change my avatar. You need to fill in that third line center position and that won't come cheap. Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

They have Krejci, Seguin, Bergeron, Peverly all on this team and signed. Campbell or some other 4th line center will be inexpensive. I still think Seguin centers the top line, Bergeron the 2nd, Krejci what could be the best 3rd line in the league and then you fill the 4th.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Todays poll on the globe on the voting who stays and goes? : They have Krejci, Seguin, Bergeron, Peverly all on this team and signed. Campbell or some other 4th line center will be inexpensive. I still think Seguin centers the top line, Bergeron the 2nd, Krejci what could be the best 3rd line in the league and then you fill the 4th.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Another center not needed. Funny how so many are so accepting of the status quo that they can't see past Kelly on the third line. PC chose Peverely over Kelly when he signed Rich to that contract extension mid-season and now it is time to build depth on the wings.

Sections
Shortcuts