Today's practice lines

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Re: Today's practice lines

In response to winthecup's comment:

In response to fishfinger's comment:

Sitting probebly your best offensive defenseman when your team cant score???

I do not get it..I do not think that Hamilton is that much of a liability on defence.

Doesn't score on his own goalie either.

I never really thought of Hamilton as that much of a liability either....nothing more than what Ference or Boychuk have pulled this year...probably even less frequently considering....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

I dont mind what I have seen of Redden so far but not sure if he brings that much more than Hamilton provides right now despite being an NHL playoff rookie....but I could see the writing on the wall with Claude on that one.....but please take Chara off of the PP1 despite the 3249 mile an hour shot ....that more often than not gets blocked or misses the net....the lack of mobility renders that shot a moot point....no pun intended...

I remember watching a Bruins-Leafs game, I don't know how many years back.  They brought up a graphic for "most power-play points by defensemen in past X years" (might have been since lockout), and it was topped by Chara and Phaneuf.  My how times have changed.

I think a part of the problem with Chara on the PP is that his teammates seem to look for him to get the shot far too often.  Maybe having Jagr out there with him will help get that out of their system.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Jagr with two guys who can't score to save their lives.......hmm.

Bizarre.  The point is not to waste Jagr and maximize his talents.  We picked him to score.  I just think folks expected Peverley to pick it up and he hasn't so far.  Kelly has shown he can move with Jagr, but we have no one at RW to balance that out.

If anything, I'd flip Jagr with Horton. At least, you roll 2 really strong scoring lines.  With Lucic motivated now, Jagre and Krejci make for a dangerous line.  Horton has been playing like a stiff for most of the season, and Iginla made him look worse.

I would like to see another trial run of Krecji and Jagr with Lucic...the last time Lucic was with Jagr his head was somewhere else and maybe now if this rejuvenation is for real, he can finish plays that Jagr initiates or just create space with his renewed bangin' ways...always afraid that Horton is going to sulk if not playing with Looch but he has to suck it up and would certainly make along with Kelly (and I would personally like  Peverly as I think he could come up big in the playoffs...PK..etc. try to redeem for a spotty season but....) and whoever on the third line, a little more formidable than we have had most of the season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I dont mind what I have seen of Redden so far but not sure if he brings that much more than Hamilton provides right now despite being an NHL playoff rookie....but I could see the writing on the wall with Claude on that one.....but please take Chara off of the PP1 despite the 3249 mile an hour shot ....that more often than not gets blocked or misses the net....the lack of mobility renders that shot a moot point....no pun intended...

I remember watching a Bruins-Leafs game, I don't know how many years back.  They brought up a graphic for "most power-play points by defensemen in past X years" (might have been since lockout), and it was topped by Chara and Phaneuf.  My how times have changed.

I think a part of the problem with Chara on the PP is that his teammates seem to look for him to get the shot far too often.  Maybe having Jagr out there with him will help get that out of their system.

I remember the same graphic...it was at the beginning of last year I believe and covered the last 5 years or so....true, times have changed and maybe its a combination of things......its obvious they are setting up to pass to him to tee it up so that limits any deception and/or other options.....he seemingly gets a lot of shots either blocked or miss the net and his mobility is in question on the PP and scares me for potential shorthanded goals....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to VanIsleBruin's comment:

I would love to see Krejci with jagr and Marchand . . . a line with some real offensive punch

There's no way I'd split Bergeron and Marchand.

Gotta agree they haven't looked that good the last few games but , have to have that line going,or Bruins are done same as Krejci,Lucic ,Horton,if those six are playing they got to be together.

Marchand and Jagr seemed to have developed some assemblance of chemistry in the short time together...dont know if it is comparable with the Bergeron thing but in the grand scheme if Jagr needs that finisher and TLBOH is our only consistent threat I have no problem with that....doubt that Claude would deviate from his tried and true line combos though...he is, if nothing else dedicated to his players, combinations, veterans..almost to a fault...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bruin's will be lucky if they get 1 power play a game,it's there penalty killing that will probably decide this series,next to Montreal the Leafs probably get the most power plays

It does seem like they need to get their PK in order.  FYI, Leafs tied for 10th in power play opportunities, well behind Montreal (like everyone else), but still almost a power play a game above Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Bruin's will be lucky if they get 1 power play a game,it's there penalty killing that will probably decide this series,next to Montreal the Leafs probably get the most power plays

great point...forgot about how much the whole TSN Leaf network and Canada in general seem to ooze Leafdom to the point of influencing the officials....or so it seems ..the Spoked B's do seem to have taken on the black hat/villain/bad wrestler role in the NHL .....hate to imagine something so nefarious but we have seen it countless of times via the Scabs encounters....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

lol..can you tell I am getting jacked about the playoffs and the B's?!?.....havent posted this much in such a short span of time EVER.....sorry boys, didnt mean to get overly verbose/rambunctious here....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Very odd move.  Peverley has points in his last two games, plays a prominent role on PK and is great on draws.  Why now?

Agree with DrCC, Daugavins for ST would make more sense.

Also liked Soderberg low on the PP with Jagr on the RW wall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

It kind of frustates me to see Jagr with Kelly and Daugavins.  The latter played well against the Sens and not sure why everyone doesn't like this guy.  Like Shupe and I were discussing the other night this guy is a good worker.   I just want to see Jagr with some offensive minded talent.

Even Lucic with Kelly and Daugevins I think would work well .

Agreed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Kaspars Daugavins-Chris Kelly-Jaromir Jagr"

Clueless coaching right there in full view for everyone to see.

Sections
Shortcuts