Today's practice: Peverley up with Bergeron, Recchi moved down with Kelly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Today's practice: Peverley up with Bergeron, Recchi moved down with Kelly

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/03/09/forwards-peverley-recchi-switch-lines-for-bruins-practice/

I like this Julien change allot slight shakeup adds speed to the Bergy line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Re: Today's practice: Peverley up with Bergeron, Recchi moved down with Kelly

I can't wait to see that line flying around, Peverly really adds a different level of speed to this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Recchi looks his age out there right now. Great player with a great career, might be time to give someone else a shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Today's practice: Peverley up with Bergeron, Recchi moved down with Kelly:
    http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/03/09/forwards-peverley-recchi-switch-lines-for-bruins-practice/ I like this Julien change allot slight shakeup adds speed to the Bergy line.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yes hopefuly it will get Peverley going because he looks lost out there,im not  Wheeler fan but atleast Wheeler seemed to get good scoring chances every game.Peverly you hardly no he"s on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

THANK GOD!  I've been calling for Rex to move down the lineup for weeks now.  Even when the 2nd line was clicking, it was due to Bergy and Marchand kicking butt and Recchi just kinda being Johnny-on-the-spot.  Rex is always going to have the hockey smarts and get to the right areas (Hopefully he can start to do this for the PP?), but he absolutely kills the transition game.

I like Peverley moving up.  Now Bergy has 2 speedy wingers with stick skills.

Also, on an unrelated note, Thornton should be scratched for Paille.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

@kitchener, I don't know what you mean.  I see Peverley all over the ice when his line is out there.  In particular, I don't think there is a ton of chemistry with Kelly, and Ryder is on one of his typical 10-game disappearing acts.  He hasn't had much support.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

ALREADY????  Great idea CLOD!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This is what I wanted to see.  This should help Bergeron a little.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Recchi was painfully slow last night.  Ryder was invisible except for not moving to the puck on the Habs' ridiculously easy second goal.  Seguin looked lost.  Thornton looked tired.  Rask was not good at all.

Change things up, as you say.  I'd try these lines.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Seguin
    Peverley Kelly Recchi
    Paille Campbell Ryder

Speed is needed more than Thornton versus Buffalo.  Thomas in net.  Doug Houda on defense, if Chara is indeed suspended.  Two points are necessary, whatever it takes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

So 2 Rw on 3rd line, would be smarter to place, Rec on 4th and sit Thorn and place Seg on 3rd.

Make it so, clod.

Clod- no I think I will stick with the proven Nhl'er Thorn and keep Rex on third for his valued veteran wisdom and scoring touch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I like the idea of skating Ryder on the 4th line for a game or 2, except for the fact that this guy is not strong mentally and instead of lighting a fire will likely cause a prolonged continuation of uninspired play.  What the heck does someone need to tell Ryder to get him to play at a consistently high level, which he has shown he is capable of?  When he plays the game with passion, it usually goes pretty well for him.  Wonder if this guy does enough to prepare himself for every game...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Peverly with Kelly never worked out.  It's about time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I think Ryder is bi-polar. He didn't look like he was playing in the same building last night. The guy is capable of being a game changer but that happens 4 or 5 times a year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I like it. Rex needs less ice time, but that's not a very productive 3rd line. Kelly hs been rather missing; Ryder hogs the puck until the other team takes it away, and Rex's game has just gotten older and less productive.Great guy, smart guy, should be a coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The whole team didn't look like they belonged in the building last night. What a disappointment. Why even make the trip to MOntreal with that kind of an effort?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Geez!! It's about time.

I mentioned this many times before & I've been hoping to see this since the trade was made! A speedy 2nd line with skill.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Rolling 4 lines is great, but having 2 legitimate scoring lines is also great.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: Today's practice: Peverley up with Bergeron, Recchi moved down with Kelly:
    @kitchener, I don't know what you mean.  I see Peverley all over the ice when his line is out there.  In particular, I don't think there is a ton of chemistry with Kelly, and Ryder is on one of his typical 10-game disappearing acts.  He hasn't had much support.
    Posted by BruinsGM24

How many shots on net does he have maybee 2 or 3

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Still like him better than Rex

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! Kudos for changing things up, despite the 6-1-1 record. The eye test showed that something had to be done, and they're mixing it up in a way that makes sense.

The jury's still out on what to do with that 4th line during the playoffs, and there are solid reasons to go in a number of directions. If it were up to me, and it's not, perhaps Seguin on the 3rd with Kelly and Ryder would make more sense, with Recchi on the 4th and PP unit #2. As for Thornton and Paille, I'd go with Paille. He's better defensively, equal offensively, and I like his speed and PK abilities compared with Thornton.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly
    Seguin-Kelly-Ryder
    Paille-Campbell-Recchi

Make it so....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He finally realized that Kelly and Ryder are awful?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't care who plays where, just put that bum Thornton in the press box!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

So many of us on these boards were calling for this move for a while!!!

I think Claude only makes moves out of desperation, not necessity!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Rex probably approached CJ on his own and said "Are you crazy giving me 2nd line minutes at the age of 43?  I'm clearly hurting the production of that line.  Please move me down in the lineup, but try to keep me in important roles (PP, PK)."  Likely not, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it took to break the status quo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I like the move. Recchi has really looked his age lately. Peverley gives more speed & a better even strenght options with Bergeron & Marchand then Recchi do.

Sections
Shortcuts