Toews Says Hawks Have Exposed Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Toews Says Hawks Have Exposed Chara

http://nesn.com/2013/06/jonathan-toews-claims-blackhawks-have-can-expose-zdeno-chara/

It would seem Chara's sub-par Game 4 has brought about belief from Chicago that they have found a way to play against him.  There was no such talk in the first three games.  Thing is, we know he and the rest of the Bruins have the capacity to bring it to the Hawks every shift.  When they do so tomorrow such chat will diminish. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Toews Says Hawks Have Exposed Chara

The play he's talking about where Kruger scored it was Seidenberg that made a bad pinch at the Hawks blueline on that goal, not Chara trying to play a 2 on 1.   Bruins gave up too many odd man rushes last game and that was not because the Hawks figured anything out, Bruins got away from their game/system.

Late in the 3rd and into the OT again it was the Bruins that carried the play, missed some good chances and Chicago were not even close to being menacing . Nothing of what Toews talked about in this article.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He has been exposed as the fraud that we all know...he has been fooling previous Norris Trophy voters, and guys like Ray Bourque who called him the greatest defensive d-man in NHL history. That fraud! It's a conspiracy! Clearly, he used smoke and mirrors to hold Crosby/Malkin to no points in a 4-game series. His shutdown of the Sedins was a simply a snow job. The media has been protecting Chara for years. I'm so glad that Toews has said they exposed Chara. I don't have the line about the train tracks by one of our posters, but get ready for the thunder, and think about the line that Kurt Russell gave in the rain by the train as Wyatt Earp in Tombstone. Because that's Chara and if you have a red jersey on, you better watch out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Don't poke the bear, especially the biggest one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

“I think that whether it’s staying away from him, going after him, playing through him, working his side or the opposite side, it’s something that with their team game, I don’t think you want to strategize too much. I think we should be more prioritized with getting in front of the goalies than worrying about Chara.”

And then Quennville gives the media a real take on Chara and the series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What a fool.

Chara will lay him OUT next game, like Chris on Debo.  "You got knocked the F out!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As a Bruin fan, I say "poke the bear".  All you want...

Nothing like dissing your opponent in the middle of the Stanley Cup finals.

Might want to check in with Roberto Luongo on that strategy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It must be picture of exposure!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The play he's talking about where Kruger scored it was Seidenberg that made a bad pinch at the Hawks blueline on that goal, not Chara trying to play a 2 on 1.   Bruins gave up too many odd man rushes last game and that was not because the Hawks figured anything out, Bruins got away from their game/system.

Late in the 3rd and into the OT again it was the Bruins that carried the play, missed some good chances and Chicago were not even close to being menacing . Nothing of what Toews talked about in this article.

Exactly, BsL.  The Bruins strayed from their usual lockdown defense and got into a game of trading rushes with the Hawks.  No doubt Julien will not have that happen again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

He has been exposed as the fraud that we all know...he has been fooling previous Norris Trophy voters, and guys like Ray Bourque who called him the greatest defensive d-man in NHL history. That fraud! It's a conspiracy! Clearly, he used smoke and mirrors to hold Crosby/Malkin to no points in a 4-game series. His shutdown of the Sedins was a simply a snow job. The media has been protecting Chara for years. I'm so glad that Toews has said they exposed Chara. I don't have the line about the train tracks by one of our posters, but get ready for the thunder, and think about the line that Kurt Russell gave in the rain by the train as Wyatt Earp in Tombstone. Because that's Chara and if you have a red jersey on, you better watch out.

Well said, danny.  We know Chara will let his play do the talking.  Should there be a situation involving Toews or any Hawk going into the corner to pursue a puck with Chara or other Bruin defender close behind them they'll be heartily taken out of the play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What a fool.

Chara will lay him OUT next game, like Chris on Debo.  "You got knocked the F out!"

That's a guarantee.  As is Toews having his head on a swivel whenever Chara closes in on him. I'd imagine he'll look to dish off the puck a lot sooner than he'd like with #33 bearing down on him.  Should have kept his yap shut.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I really never could understand trash talking to the media. It usually ends up being the one who starts it that ends up with egg on their face. Toews obviously doesn't think this can happen to him. I expect someone from the B's leaving this in this in Z's locker sometime b4 tomorrow nite. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If your Jonathan Toews, why say this? Exposed Chara? What does he have to gain?  He better hope he's covered head to toe in hard plastic because if their is a place on his body that is exposed, Chara will find it.

This has shades of Bobby Lou and pumping tires all over it. We know how that ended.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If your Jonathan Toews, why say this? Exposed Chara? What does he have to gain?  He better hope he's covered head to toe in hard plastic because if their is a place on his body that is exposed, Chara will find it.

This has shades of Bobby Lou and pumping tires all over it. We know how that ended.

IMO if I was Toews, I'd be saying this to goad Chara into taking a bad penalty. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You know, Toews said the same thing about the Nucks in 2011, he said the Hawks would expose the Nucks for what they were, and we saw how right he was about that.Poor choice of words Johnny, and now you'll have too pay the piper.What a fool is right.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Thought Bickell's comments were even more laughable:

"He doesn't like getting hit," Bickell said of the 6-foot-9, 260-pound defenseman. "Not a lot of guys attempt it, but to get a hit on him and to see him fall down, it's rare, but I just needed to keep it going."

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130620/sports/706209744/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

After game one in 2011, one of the gazoo twins (I don't know which one because I can't tell them apart) said that Chara was nothing special and that they saw dmen like him every night in the Western Conference.  Like you said, we know how that ended.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Let the hawks talk it will be decided on the ice. I am very disappointed in Toews comments, Bickell's as well. He (Toews) had his first good game of the series and wanted to talk fine. It is kind of funny that the genius Toews says chip the puck in behind Chara and make him play it. Then hit him. shhhh Jonny that's a great scouting report I am not sure any NHL team has ever tried that. Let them talk the bruins have to focus on their game. I said it many times on these boards home ice in hockey doesn't mean a lot yes of course you want it , but not like other sports like you need it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    When Earp says he's going to kill anyone with a red bandana, & adds this line?..."You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?"...good one! I seriously hope that's the case.  What's Toews feeling all cocky now since he lit the lamp for the first time in eons?  I used to have a lot more respect for Toews, over Patrick "punch out a cabbie over a fare" Kane, but obviously, they're both little pukes.

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Cedfano is no one special. The Bruins suck and are lucky to be on the same ice.with the Blackhawks.

Someone please get my message to the Bruins so we can watch them win the Cup on Monday night!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The Bruins are going to be a lot more physical tonight, including some likely fights; this should be fun and more importantly, good for the team. Huge mistake by those two to diss the Bruin's Captain publically; should have kept that kind of talk in the locker room. Wouldn't be shocked to Seguin start something with Toews tonight and Bickell will need to keep his head up as well; no more mister nice Bruin!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Oh god something macguire can lap about. 

ending threads since '07

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

It must be picture of exposure!

LMFAO double exposures

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

Oh god something macguire can lap about. 

ending threads since '07

I don't know what you mean but as a former season ticket holder I've probably been to more Stanley Cup Final games (including seeing Bobby Orr against Philly 1973) than many have been to regular season games. I know what I'm talking about and tonight the Bruins are going to push the Hawks around, and it should be fun.