Toews Says Hawks Have Exposed Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Toews Says Hawks Have Exposed Chara

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I really never could understand trash talking to the media. It usually ends up being the one who starts it that ends up with egg on their face. Toews obviously doesn't think this can happen to him. I expect someone from the B's leaving this in this in Z's locker sometime b4 tomorrow nite. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Absolutely, nite.  If Marchand heard about it, I'd imagine the rest of the Bruins did also.  Not to say he has a big mouth but that it's probably general knowledge among the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

In response to 86redsox's comment:

Oh god something macguire can lap about. 

ending threads since '07

I don't know what you mean but as a former season ticket holder I've probably been to more Stanley Cup Final games (including seeing Bobby Orr against Philly 1973) than many have been to regular season games. I know what I'm talking about and tonight the Bruins are going to push the Hawks around, and it should be fun.

You can't see me but I'm giving you a standing ovation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If anything has been exposed it's Crawford's glove hand.  All 5 of the Bruin goals in Game 4 were to his glove side.  Of the 12 goals Boston has scored in the final, eight have gone in past his glove hand.  It would seem it is the Bruins who have found something in Crawford and are exposing it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't know what will happen the rest of this series, but it's laughable how often you see B's opponents saying just incredibly idiotic things about B's players, whether it was TT in 11 or Marchand in general or Chara this series. The difference is the B's players almost never insult an opposing player through the media. I don't know how many times I wanted a B's player to call Cooke a rat basthid or some other goons what they deserved to be called, but they even took the high road on that. That's a testament of Julien I believe. You can't control what the players say, no one can. But I still feel the Bruins players have always gone by a code of conduct--this goes back to the not diving for penalties, and things like that. Let the opponents make fools of themselves. Let them provoke, let them take dumb penalties, and let them choke on it. Go B's!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

obviously you dont know what I mean. Not sure how a comment about a broadcaster (macguire) is taken personally and turns into an " Ive been to more stanley cups than you"  contest. Enjoy the game.

ending threads since '07

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I don't know what will happen the rest of this series, but it's laughable how often you see B's opponents saying just incredibly idiotic things about B's players, whether it was TT in 11 or Marchand in general or Chara this series. The difference is the B's players almost never insult an opposing player through the media. I don't know how many times I wanted a B's player to call Cooke a rat basthid or some other goons what they deserved to be called, but they even took the high road on that. That's a testament of Julien I believe. You can't control what the players say, no one can. But I still feel the Bruins players have always gone by a code of conduct--this goes back to the not diving for penalties, and things like that. Let the opponents make fools of themselves. Let them provoke, let them take dumb penalties, and let them choke on it. Go B's!

I think you got it, danny.  From the top down I believe the Bruins want to exude professionalism, integrity and class as much as possible. And let their play do their talking. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rich, it's also another reason to root for the Bruins. They do it the right way, and that makes winning more special.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Growing up I always had a soft spot for the Blackhawks. But there's been something about their roster in the last few years which I've found really difficult to like. Its the arrogance, cockiness and now trash talk from the likes of Toews and co. Give me Makita, Tony Esposito, Dennis Hull and Pat Stapleton any day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont see anything wrong with it.  As the captain he took the bull by the horns and went to the dirty areas.  he lead by example.  If he motivates his guys to follow him it may work.  Chara looked frustrated and was whining to the officials a lot that gm.  First time ive seen that in a while.  

If it backfires he will get the same treatment as Lou did.  Only difference is toews is the captain and has a stanley cup ring.  

Should be one heck of a game tonight.  Chara when pushed always shines.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Everyone knows that what's really been exposed is Crawford's weak glove hand. He has become nothing more than a poor mans Denis Dejordy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

All this talk is just trying to goad Chara, maybe trying to do too much or take a penalty.  Leave them talk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Hey everyone...I scored a goal, look at me!"

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Growing up I always had a soft spot for the Blackhawks. But there's been something about their roster in the last few years which I've found really difficult to like. Its the arrogance, cockiness and now trash talk from the likes of Toews and co. Give me Makita, Tony Esposito, Dennis Hull and Pat Stapleton any day.

Han, that wasnt trash talking.  Did you listen to his interview.  The cockiness i hate is from kane, big buff in the day, burish.   Toews is a quiet guy.  I think he is attempting to motivate the troops.  You can respect your opponent but you dont have to fear them.  I take issue in this if its backed up. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Everyone knows that what's really been exposed is Crawford's weak glove hand. He has become nothing more than a poor mans Denis Dejordy.

A lot of talk has been made of his glove hand, in games 1-2 he was pretty good with his glove and in game3 was really bad . Let's hope tonight's game it'll be the latter .  If he does have a bad game with his glove I could see the Bruins scoring 4-5 and Rask , Bruins D will hold Chicago .  It'll be a deflating game for the Hawks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think you got it, danny.  From the top down I believe the Bruins want to exude professionalism, integrity and class as much as possible. And let their play do their talking. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and Danny but if you read any comments on tsn from the whiny Habs, Canucks and now leaf fans, you would think the Bruins organization was Satan himself.  I know it comes from jealousy because they are frustrated that the Bruins are a great team and their teams not so much. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

A lot of talk has been made of his glove hand, in games 1-2 he was pretty good with his glove and in game3 was really bad . Let's hope tonight's game it'll be the latter .  If he does have a bad game with his glove I could see the Bruins scoring 4-5 and Rask , Bruins D will hold Chicago .  It'll be a deflating game for the Hawks.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Legion and maybe too much, but if Crawford is having doubts about his glove hand and starts second guessing, i would love for the B's to put 5 behind him again ala Leaky Lu. It would be deflating for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't know what you mean but as a former season ticket holder I've probably been to more Stanley Cup Final games (including seeing Bobby Orr against Philly 1973) than many have been to regular season games. I know what I'm talking about and tonight the Bruins are going to push the Hawks around, and it should be fun.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As am I because Orr didn't face the Flyers in the Final until 74', so that's quite a feat! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I thought Chara played decently though I wouldn't make the same claim for Seidenberg, especially on the last goal when he wasn't able to keep the puck out of the Bruins end.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

All you need is one doofus like Toews to say something and then we all know what happens. Remember Luongo's mouth trap in 2011?  Toews will now have the "privilege" of facing a Chara who's thought about Game 4 miscues - all 6'9" and 260lbs. of him. Oh, and that other guy? Seidenberg? He ain't no slouch either when it's do or die time this time of year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[/QUOTE]

As am I because Orr didn't face the Flyers in the Final until 74', so that's quite a feat! 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry bout the wrong year; I was at the game 1 win in 1974, not 1973 Good catch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Interesting. I believe Toews made a similar statement when they played the Canucks in 2011.....and they went on to lose that series. I hope the B's use it for additional motivation tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Little twerp scores his 1st goal of the series and all of a sudden he's got the rest of the series figured out. He may just wind up looking up at the United Center ceiling with birds chirping before the night ends.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Chara and the so called poked bear are really showing them eh?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to cosmo14's comment:

You seen Toews in the 3rd?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to cosmo14's comment:

[QUOTE]

You seen Toews in the 3rd?

[/QUOTE]

And????

Sections
Shortcuts