TOEWS WINS SELKE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

TOEWS WINS SELKE

McLean won coach of the year. Apparently Shero was the best GM.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=674055&navid=nhl:topheads

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: TOEWS WINS SELKE

"Martin St. Louis won the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, awarded to the game's most gentlemanly player, for the third time in his career, edging Matt Moulson of the New York Islanders and Chicago's Patrick Kane.

Minnesota Wild goaltender Josh Harding was awarded the Masterton Trophy for perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey. Harding announced in November he has multiple sclerosis but continued playing for the Wild.

Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg took home the NHL Foundation Player Award, given to the player who applies the core values of hockey -- commitment, perseverance and teamwork -- to enrich the lives of people in his community."

Yep the awards are rolling out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Martin St. Louis won the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, awarded to the game's most gentlemanly player, for the third time in his career, edging Matt Moulson of the New York Islanders and Chicago's Patrick Kane.

Minnesota Wild goaltender Josh Harding was awarded the Masterton Trophy for perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey. Harding announced in November he has multiple sclerosis but continued playing for the Wild.

Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg took home the NHL Foundation Player Award, given to the player who applies the core values of hockey -- commitment, perseverance and teamwork -- to enrich the lives of people in his community."

Yep the awards are rolling out.

They sure are San. I haven't even heard of some of them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Toews winning the Selke was expected by some of us. But he won by only 10 points over Bergeron.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/jonathan-toews-won-2013-selke-award-211740617.html=

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hossa top 10 should be Hossa top 3.  I think hes better then toews in all around game. Datsyuk n Bergie are the best.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wow 10 points

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Wow 10 points

Yeah, that's crazy close. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hossa top 10 should be Hossa top 3.  I think hes better then toews in all around game. Datsyuk n Bergie are the best.  

The Frank J. Selke Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kane, Kadri, Kovalchuk, Seguin..........seems like some guys got comedy votes.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The Frank J. Selke Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game. 

I know what the award is.  Hossa is better in his own end then in the offensive end.  He has been since he broke into the league.  Watch him more.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Kane, Kadri, Kovalchuk, Seguin..........seems like some guys got comedy votes.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

Toews is a heck of a player.  Love him.  But when i think toews i dont see selke.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think Toews is an excellent player but no hockey fan thinks of him as a Selke award winner. Silly vote, Bergeron got more 1st place votes but comes in 2nd go figure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'd venture to guess that Toews got a lot of the "2nd place votes" from the Detroit voters who first voted for "Dat-suit".

Toews is definitely better than Bergeron offensively, but not defensively. I don't know if you can be any better than Bergeron defensively, honestly. He just doesn't really have any flaw in his game that I can think of.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I know what the award is.  Hossa is better in his own end then in the offensive end. He has been since he broke into the league.  Watch him more.  

You can borrow my bi-focals.

His offensive game is what has made him one of the best players in the league. His defensive game is secondary to that.

Those who have watched him.......more..... since he broke into the league know this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I think Toews is an excellent player but no hockey fan thinks of him as a Selke award winner. Silly vote, Bergeron got more 1st place votes but comes in 2nd go figure.

How did the same voters who voted Bergeron the winner become silly in one year ?

Last year, I read if Datsyuk won the award over Bergeron it would be on reputation alone. This year Toews is not viewed as a Selke award winner..........by hockey fans.

I did.

Silly......indeed !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think Shero was the biggest joke of all.  Crosby Malkin and Iginla fell into his lap.  He acquired the other guys at trade deadline, true, but what has he done really?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I think Shero was the biggest joke of all.  Crosby Malkin and Iginla fell into his lap.  He acquired the other guys at trade deadline, true, but what has he done really?

Shero wasn't nominated for the Selke. I'm sure if he was though .........you'd be right with your assessments.

Sections
Shortcuts