TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010

(Stolen from an HF Boards post)
    Ice time by player in game 7 vs. the Flyers last season:

P. Bergeron C 21:32
    D. Paille LW 19:20
    M. Recchi RW 19:08
    M. Lucic LW 17:18
    M. Satan RW 17:01
    V. Sobotka C 16:37
    M. Ryder RW 16:02
    M. Savard C 15:53
    B. Wheeler RW 13:22
    S. Begin LW 09:01
    T. Whitfield C 06:15
    S. Thornton LW 03:44

D. Wideman D 26:58
    Z. Chara D 23:57
    J. Boychuk D 21:13
    M. Stuart D 19:43
    M. Hunwick D 14:37
    A. Ference D 13:44

Wow Just looking at that makes me sick. This team right now as constituted is soo much stronger than that. DP will be lucky to log 10mins of icetime in this playoffs. I feel like all of this choke-job crap flying around media about the B's is about as lame as the goose I hit with a bad drive in my last round of golf.

I mean really how can you say the team is as a whole is a choke artist when:
    The team had 5 Career 4th liners playing serious minutes.
    1 NHL caliber center
    And a leading Goal Scorer who wasnt in the NHL until just before the playoffs and spent this year in russia?

I got a good feeling about this one boys. Go Bs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010

Wow, that roster looks awful

The scariest part of all of that?

D. Wideman D 26:58

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010:
    [QUOTE](Stolen from an HF Boards post) Ice time by player in game 7 vs. the Flyers last season: P. Bergeron C 21:32 D. Paille LW 19:20 M. Recchi RW 19:08 M. Lucic LW 17:18 M. Satan RW 17:01 V. Sobotka C 16:37 M. Ryder RW 16:02 M. Savard C 15:53 B. Wheeler RW 13:22 S. Begin LW 09:01 T. Whitfield C 06:15 S. Thornton LW 03:44 D. Wideman D 26:58 Z. Chara D 23:57 J. Boychuk D 21:13 M. Stuart D 19:43 M. Hunwick D 14:37 A. Ference D 13:44 Wow Just looking at that makes me sick. This team right now as constituted is soo much stronger than that. DP will be lucky to log 10mins of icetime in this playoffs. I feel like all of this choke-job crap flying around media about the B's is about as lame as the goose I hit with a bad drive in my last round of golf. I mean really how can you say the team is as a whole is a choke artist when: The team had 5 Career 4th liners playing serious minutes. 1 NHL caliber center And a leading Goal Scorer who wasnt in the NHL until just before the playoffs and spent this year in russia? I got a good feeling about this one boys. Go Bs.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Correction:
    1 nhl caliber center with a big dent in his brain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010 : Correction: 1 nhl caliber center with a big dent in his brain.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I think Patrice was the center he was referring to.  If I recall correctly he really stopped showing signs of concussion syndromes towards the end of last season during the playoffs he definitely had his "A game".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

how long are you keep bringing this up it's in the past get over it.YES FOLKS WE HAVE A REAL TRUE BLUE MONTREAL CANADIENS FAN AMONGST US

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Are you talking about me?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Are you talking about me?

we all know you're a habs fan, just admit it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Great thread. I never would have thought to look that up.

Our roster is SOOOO much better this year. I'm excited.

I was never one of the folks who was dissapointed with last year's effort. In my mind, the '09-'10 Bruins overacheived. The lineup was simply not that talented by the end of the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

At least the goon had limited ice time.

Everything else is a disaster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]At least the goon had limited ice time. Everything else is a disaster.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

3 min with that roster.  wow.  we shouldn't see him too much this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's amazing that lineup was one overtime goal away from sweeping the Flyers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010 : we all know you're a habs fan, just admit it.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Dang I kept that one under wraps so well that I didnt even know about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]At least the goon had limited ice time. Everything else is a disaster.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

D. Paille at 19mins + PK time for over 20+ mins

That fails alot harder than Thornton for 8-9min and Paille for 14 or so. Its just ugh.

This team has alot more going for it than some people realize particulary habs fans who are to busy remembering last year to see the bear staring their team down the throat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

looking at that line up makes me want to aplogize to CJ for the bad stuff i said about him after the loss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

[QUOTE]looking at that line up makes me want to aplogize to CJ for the bad stuff i said about him after the loss.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    That Lineup was still good enough to absolutely dominate the first 15 minutes of game 7 and go up 3-0. Stop making excuses for Julien. The Bruins played the rest of the game to not lose, instead of to win. That falls on the coach. 

The sooner he is gone, the better off Boston will be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010 : That Lineup was still good enough to absolutely dominate the first 15 minutes of game 7 and go up 3-0. Stop making excuses for Julien. The Bruins played the rest of the game to not lose, instead of to win. That falls on the coach.  The sooner he is gone, the better off Boston will be.
    Posted by orangecrush28[/QUOTE]

I put the blame on the team and the coach for the collapse but moreso the team.  But really, how many Top Six forwards do you count in the list at the top of the page.  I count 2 or 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010 : I put the blame on the team and the coach for the collapse but moreso the team.  But really, how many Top Six forwards do you count in the list at the top of the page.  I count 2 or 3.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I count 2 Lucic+Bergeron.

In this years lineup I count 5.5
    Lucic-Krejci-Horton-Bergeron-Marchand

I only consider Rechhi 1/2 of a top6 forward heh.

Also no wonder the D couldnt make a breakout pass. Stuart+Boychuck just wrap the puck around the boards everysingle time not to mention Chara's hurt hand, no siedenberg and Ferrence recovering from injury. Good lord.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010 : I count 2 Lucic+Bergeron. In this years lineup I count 5.5 Lucic-Krejci-Horton-Bergeron-Marchand I only consider Rechhi 1/2 of a top6 forward heh. Also no wonder the D couldnt make a breakout pass. Stuart+Boychuck just wrap the puck around the boards everysingle time not to mention Chara's hurt hand, no siedenberg and Ferrence recovering from injury. Good lord.

Recchi was the guy who made it difficult to determine if it was 2 or 3.  Based on his regular season last year I would say he was not top 6. During the playoffs he was top 6.  This year again we look to see if he can up his game, we believe he will but even if he doesn't I count at least 5, same as you.

On the D I agree the transition game is now a strength this is where we have been attacked and exposed in the past hopefully this will no longer be our achilles heel.  On the downside, in the past we have always had pretty good special teams especially on the PK.  This year the numbers show we are about average, the talent is there hopefully we can show better in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

If that lineup lost to Philly 4-2 in a "normal" series swapping wins, we may have looked at the team and thought they did their best. We forget how awful they were for most of the season.

But that's not what happened. What happened was they tanked, plain and simple. I need to see this team win a Game 7 before they are true contenders in my book. Even if they lose the next series...just win that Game 7 and it'll change the complexion of everything they do moving forward.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]If that lineup lost to Philly 4-2 in a "normal" series swapping wins, we may have looked at the team and thought they did their best. We forget how awful they were for most of the season. But that's not what happened. What happened was they tanked, plain and simple. I need to see this team win a Game 7 before they are true contenders in my book. Even if they lose the next series...just win that Game 7 and it'll change the complexion of everything they do moving forward.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I hear where you are coming from, but doesn't that sound just a little arbitrary when you spell it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TOI Leaders game 7 Philly 2010 : I hear where you are coming from, but doesn't that sound just a little arbitrary when you spell it out.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

It is arbitrary when looking at these playoffs alone. A win is a win...you're right.

For me, it would be important to get that Game 7 win when thinking about the fact that only one team can win it all and there are other ways to measure success for this year. Sure, we all want the cup. But a Game 7 win would at least be a step in the right direction for a team that still has a young core and a window that extends beyond 2011.

Man, just drop the puck already....

Sections
Shortcuts