Tomas Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Tomas Kaberle

I'll admit I was kringing the last two games when Kabs and McQ were on the ice. I think Kabs problem is, he just needs to get more physical and maybe, just maybe, attempt to shoot the puck. Although last night, when he went to shoot the first attempt I had ever seen him attempt, he snapped his stick in two. I just think he has been playing a little soft for the playoffs. Someone needs to get the guy pi$$ed off or something, so he takes out some aggression on the other team. McQ is descent, but I dont think he is getting as much support with Kabs as he should be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

They will resign him.  He's still better than any other available UFA defencemen, if there is one. 

Look, one or two solid games vs Philly and we forget all about his wussy effort in Game 6 and 7

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ya great trade two first rounders for the second coming of wideman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tomas Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]almost want to start another tread, who would you rather have wideman or kabberle?
    Posted by palealeman[/QUOTE]

I am not thrilled about Kaberle at all, but there is no comparison whatsoever with Wideman.

Kaberle is not helping to win.

Wideman would lose games or make wins more work.

Big BIG difference.

I sill hold out help for Kaberle.

It's fine about the shot, it's fine about the corners.

It's about the talent he's got and using it.  Like I said before, his stickhandling and vision I would say is 95% of Savard's and that skill isn't translating out there.  That's the problem.

And altho the one really bad pass I've seen him make resulted in a goal for the  Habs, that stuff happens.

With Wideman there would have been 6 stupid passes that led to scoring chances, plus a couple of goals would result.  But Wideman would score one.

Net difference is the same productivity or lack of it from both Wideman and Kaberle, but the amount that each take out of the team effort is a LOT less for Kaberle than Wideman.  Big difference.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]b's should sign Wisniewski come July 1st.... this guy's very good offensively and isn't afraid to muck it up in his own end.... to boot, he'll come much cheaper than that imposter wearing #12 for the black'n'gold.... Kaberle's already cost the b's dearly for the future....  let's hope the b's don't spend any more of JJ's hard-earned $$$$$ on this dud.... 
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]
    He's hurt more times than Ference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]I NEVER liked his game, did anyone actually WATCH Kab play in Toronto??
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

There have been a number of TO watchers who have warned us about his soft play, how he is easily knocked off the puck, and his seeming lack of intensity.  The surprising thing is that even his celebrated passes are not that good.  He misses the mark, commits turnovers, and passes behind or ahead about as much as any D man.  

What I dislike is how he idly reverses or hands the puck over to his partner as if he doesn't want to deal with it.  The classic example being in game one which led to Gionta scoring. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Scooter, is he really as bad as he seems. He was paired with McQ because of McQuaid's size, toughness and quickness, plus McQuaid doesn't pull the Boychuck boners. If you doubt McQ look who was out there stirring the pot in overtime. But Chiarelli needs to seriously consider pulling the plug and not spend $4 mil on this guy. i was very suprised at his lack of speed. Ference played another steady game, but both Chara and Seids screwed the pooch with behind the back passes. Too much THINKING on the PP. Need to just play regular line shifts at this point, so they all know where their linemates will be. There are scorers on each line, why confuse the play?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

My question is he as good as promised?  I think it's clear.  Everybody makes the odd mistake, all our D are guilty of that.  If he is not producing offense he's not living up to his salary.  I can see a place for him on the team next year, but at half his current salary.  Pay him like a Ference or Seidenburg and he can stay.  There still is offensive potential, but bringing it out has been a colossal challenge.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE] The surprising thing is that even his celebrated passes are not that good.  He misses the mark, commits turnovers, and passes behind or ahead about as much as any D man.   What I dislike is how he idly reverses or hands the puck over to his partner as if he doesn't want to deal with it.  The classic example being in game one which led to Gionta scoring. 
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree with the first part. Some of those passes were exceptional and wwwaayy better than what most of the other D ever do. The overall attitude and toughness are really the big questions. Is he bunking with Krejci or something? That would be a mistake. They should put Kaberle with Thornton and see if Thornton can scare some sac into him. Thornton's a scary mofudgah.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tomas Kaberle : I don't mean to be picky Bogie but I thought Ference was awful.He had a couple of brutal turnovers that Boston was lucky didn't get turned into Montreal goals.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Yea, just brutal.  +6 with 4 points and a goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Ference's shot that Price couldn't handle led to goal #3, Beat the dung out of Gionta behind the net late in the 3rd period so much so Brian didn't go near the front of the net again and oh yah told Halpern with a nudge to take a hike.

I can't imagine where the Bruins would be withput AF. Oh yah his contract is terrible too...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Listen the guy is worst than a rookie out there ...dont we have a P-Bruins that we could use instead ??? Or Hnidy ???   They cant be worst than Kaberle Sauvignon Oh man does he ever suck .....PC will have to admit it ...we got a LEMON from Burke ...UNREAL ....this guy will not play in the NHL next season...he could play in Europe at best ....no contact style of play .....looking forward for the return of Kampfer.....and by the way Kaberle Sauvigon will get hammered against the Flyers ...can you imagine Hartnell and Richards going after him ....ugly

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

never wanted him....thought he was/is vastly overrated....Chia had a bone on for that whole "lets recreate the Kaberle feathering those passes over to McCabe for the one time on the power play from about 5, 6 years ago" and tell me, hows that working out for us?....trading for Wisniewski(sic) and Brewer would have cost less and we would have truly reaped the benefits more so

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Yah Ference's shot that Price couldn't handle led to goal #3, Beat the dung out of Gionta behind the net late in the 3rd period so much so Brian didn't go near the front of the net again and oh yah told Halpern with a nudge to take a hike. I can't imagine where the Bruins would be withput AF. Oh yah his contract is terrible too...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Quality post SanDog.  As both of us have mentioned in the past- this teams record without Ference in the lineup has been awful this season.  He had a very good series-skated hard, shot the puck and pinched in good spots, not to mention he set up Horton's OT goal in game5.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I asked LRH way back in mid winter whether or not the Bs should pick up Kaberle.  He thought Kaberle would be an excellent pick up.  I am holding out that LRH is correct.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Scooter, is he really as bad as he seems. He was paired with McQ because of McQuaid's size, toughness and quickness, plus McQuaid doesn't pull the Boychuck boners. If you doubt McQ look who was out there stirring the pot in overtime. But Chiarelli needs to seriously consider pulling the plug and not spend $4 mil on this guy. i was very suprised at his lack of speed. Ference played another steady game, but both Chara and Seids screwed the pooch with behind the back passes. Too much THINKING on the PP. Need to just play regular line shifts at this point, so they all know where their linemates will be. There are scorers on each line, why confuse the play?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    McQuaid pinched in and worked like a mad man to keep the puck in deep on Horton's OT goal.I still get a tad nervous when McQuaid has the puck [wondering what he is going to do with it]but I am really starting to like this kid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Maybe he is just deshydrated....just kidding :)