Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls

In Response to Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls:
    Some say Rask should play more.  Others, after every loss, say Rask should have played.  They say Thomas is tired. Okey-dokey. Rask is in tonight.  If he wins, the "I told you so" comments will pile to the Top of the Hub.  If he loses, the "he's rusty, he needs to play more" will pile almost as high. The rest of us are in a no win situation here on the boards, but hope for a victory anyway!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's hilarious NAS . I was thinking the same thing today .Tomorrow there will be a lot of know it alls complaining one way or the other , win or lose . I'll be just sitting back , reading and shaking my head . Nice post !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Some say Rask should play more.  Others, after every loss, say Rask should have played.  They say Thomas is tired. Okey-dokey. Rask is in tonight.  If he wins, the "I told you so" comments will pile to the Top of the Hub.  If he loses, the "he's rusty, he needs to play more" will pile almost as high. The rest of us are in a no win situation here on the boards, but hope for a victory anyway!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ain't that the truth!! I will take the victory thanks very much ....I will be pulling for Rask to get some of his confidence back with a solid outing...Hope he gets some support from his team mates ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls:
    In Response to Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : Ain't that the truth!! I will take the victory thanks very much ....I will be pulling for Rask to get some of his confidence back with a solid outing...Hope he gets some support from his team mates ...
    Posted by cowboys9

The "support from his teammates" comments crack me up.  When Thomas wins with a big effort, it's "Thomas bailed them out again" and "without Thomas, they would be nowhere".  When Rask loses, it's "They don't play hard in front of him" and "they can't expect him to do it all himself!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Im curious to know how many people that post on here, actually play hockey. I grew up playing hockey and still do. But this post speaks volumes about most of the posters on here. We all like to see our team win, but for some reason, most of you seem to think the B's should go 82-0 and if they dont, then there is always someone to blame....Most you you have common sense, but some of you seem absolutely clueless when in comes to posting on here. Anyway, this is a good post and exactly what we have to deal with....Rask had been playing good, its the defense that needs to step up and play better. Thomas bails out the D all the time.....in order for Rask to get the recognition, he has to come up big and bail out the D or the D needs to step up....I recommend the latter...The D relies to much on the goaltending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS- not sure why you hate on Rask or those that want to see him play a little more.  So much for trying to be more positive, huh? 

From my POV, good to see TR get some work, hasn't played in two weeks.  TT has earned the rest, he has been great this year.

Go B's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : The "support from his teammates" comments crack me up.  When Thomas wins with a big effort, it's "Thomas bailed them out again" and "without Thomas, they would be nowhere".  When Rask loses, it's "They don't play hard in front of him" and "they can't expect him to do it all himself!"
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Hey, like you said .. It's a no win situation.. What I meant by my comments were more related to the offensive support rather than defensive support... Just as I am typing the B's score.. Good Karma!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : NAS- not sure why you hate on Rask or those that want to see him play a little more.  So much for trying to be more positive, huh?  From my POV, good to see TR get some work, hasn't played in two weeks.  TT has earned the rest, he has been great this year. Go B's!
    Posted by Crowls2424

Crowls, I didn't say anything there about Rask.  I want Rask to play more.  I want him to be great.  I want him to do a great job for the next 10+ years in a B's jersey!

I just get so sick of the 50+ threads we get about the subject every time Thomas loses, and the excuse threads we get when Rask loses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

that is horrible goaltending at its best..ive said it before and now after seeing that pathetic first period he just played  ship him down to prov.    the bruins have to find out if this guy  can still play goal...lord god that was awful...first goal mishandles the puck..second goal horrible poke check..third goal moves of the post to put puck in his glove before the whistle...brutal...hate to get on him but even on his saves he is some scary dude

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One thing is for sure OP still thinks he knows more than anyone on this forum but can't convince anyone it is indeed true. Rask needs to play more and If you don't think that will make Tuukka rusty then don't participate on the threads with posters who know it to be true as it is an undisputable fact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Who is OP?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Puullkka...

Shaky 1st from Rask, still a little surprised that he got the hook.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, all you people know so much eh? I know Rask needs to take every advantage he has & run with it. However, this guy isn't a seasoned vet, who's been a backup for 5-8 yrs. He isn't a Brent Johnson. Call it whatever you want, but to expect Rask to come out & stand on his head after sitting like that? There's going to be rust! Practice only helps so much. Yes Rask has been brutal tonite. CJ needs to take some of the responsibility for that. If the B's win this one. He has to play Rask next couple games no matter what. If he doesn't it could end even worse for the kid & the Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

that is horrible goaltending at its best..ive said it before and now after seeing that pathetic first period he just played  ship him down to prov.    the bruins have to find out if this guy  can still play goal...lord god that was awful...first goal mishandles the puck..second goal horrible poke check..third goal moves of the post to put puck in his glove before the whistle...brutal...hate to get on him but even on his saves he is some scary dude
    Posted by north1234

Guess who comes out to start the second.......I like Rask but...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Thought you had it all covered, eh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Would CJ have pulled TT if TT had started tonight and let in 3 in the 1st period?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

He did last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Between periods from Kluzak..."I think it was a little harsh to pull Tuukka after just one period".

I tend to agree, Tuukka did not look good, but he still had a 4-3 lead.  Obviously, CJ saw it differently.

Tuukka stopped 13-16 in the 1st period.
    TT stopped 12-14 in the 2nd. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I like Rask... he just hasn't rebounded from last year's Game 7 debacle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Between periods from Kluzak..."I think it was a little harsh to pull Tuukka after just one period". I tend to agree, Tuukka did not look good, but he still had a 4-3 lead.  Obviously, CJ saw it differently. Tuukka stopped 13-16 in the 1st period. TT stopped 12-14 in the 2nd. Posted by Crowls2424

Agreed as well Crowls Julien saw it differently cause he panicked. Claude now has a tired goalie and an untrusting one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

None of the team has!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Listen up guys, Rask is not ( i repeat NOT ) a quality backup goaltender. hes a quality starter just as TT is. One has to go because theres too many quality backup available ( who get what ? 15 to 20 starts ? ) Look at all the other teams who have goalie that starts 50 games a year. Trade one now while there worrth something in return. The days of TT and Fernandez are over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Would CJ have pulled TT if TT had started tonight and let in 3 in the 1st period?
    Posted by BadHabitude

If TT played the first period like he was drunk -- I would have to say YES. I like Rask and want him to do well but if the excuse is that he is indeed rusty -- Send him down....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : If TT played the first period like he was drunk -- I would have to say YES. I like Rask and want him to do well but if the excuse is that he is indeed rusty -- Send him down....
    Posted by zamboni24

Send him down?  And have an AHL goalie backup TT?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If Rask is on a one way contract. Can he go down without clearing waivers first? I'm not in agreement of sending him down. All CJ has to do is make it a 60/40 & they'll both be fine.
    And another 5 hole goal because TT doesn't keep his stick between his legs on the ice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thomas was awesome in the shootout spectacular!

Sections
Shortcuts