Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls

Yep! The Boston Bruins went from having 2 great goalie's to none! All because CJ doesn't know how to use his assests properly!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Just out of curiosity. If there had been no goals scored in the 2nd and 3rd periods, does Rask get credit for the win because the bruins had the lead after the first?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls:
    [QUOTE]If Rask is on a one way contract. Can he go down without clearing waivers first? I'm not in agreement of sending him down. All CJ has to do is make it a 60/40 & they'll both be fine. And another 5 hole goal because TT doesn't keep his stick between his legs on the ice.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

The one-way contract has nothing to do with waivers. Rask can be sent to Providence for conditioning without having to clear waivers but must be recalled within 2 weeks. Which is what I believe needs to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yes the goalie that's in net on the winning goal gets the decision

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : Agreed as well Crowls Julien saw it differently cause he panicked. Claude now has a tired goalie and an untrusting one.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The one-way contract has nothing to do with waivers. Rask can be sent to Providence for conditioning without having to clear waivers but must be recalled within 2 weeks. Which is what I believe needs to happen.

Thx Bru. Still that doesn't give TT a rest. Which he certainly needs because he's over playing the puck. That's a sign of fatigue! So what good does it do. CJ needs to play Rask no matter what & get him in some games!
    TT NEEDS A REST & RASK NEEDS TO PLAY! THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT CAN BE DONE! NOTHING! Unless the B's make a trade!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Hello people,
      First thing that I will say is that most of you people here know ALOT more about hockey than I do. We moved to Va. in 1969 (when I was 11)from Lowell and hockey had`nt caught on big yet.But I love the game and get the NHL package every year because I love the game and the Bruins.
      That being said,please tell my why Claude should`nt be fired before they even finish taking showers.How in the heck can you expect Tukka to be sharp when he hardly ever gets to play?Pulling him after one period was absolute BS.
       The B`s play like a bunch of whimps.Love taps in the corners.Crush our guys without hardly ever a retaliation.A few slap fights here and there except for Thorton.To me,this team has no heart or guts.JMO
       I actually changed my fantasy team name from the "Big Bad B`s" to the "B`s wear skirts"( no offense ladies).
       Please educate me and tell me where i`m wrong?
       Thanks and Happy New Year everyone!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : Send him down?  And have an AHL goalie backup TT?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

How good does a guy have to be to sit on the Boston bench for a week, eating popcorn?
    After Rask gets into a couple of games in the AHL,bring him back up, and actually play him.
    Depending on the schedules, Rask may only miss 1 NHL game, maybe 2 at the most.
    Also, thanks Nitemare

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE] Hello people,   First thing that I will say is that most of you people here know ALOT more about hockey than I do. We moved to Va. in 1969 (when I was 11)from Lowell and hockey had`nt caught on big yet.But I love the game and get the NHL package every year because I love the game and the Bruins.   That being said,please tell my why Claude should`nt be fired before they even finish taking showers.How in the heck can you expect Tukka to be sharp when he hardly ever gets to play?Pulling him after one period was absolute BS.    The B`s play like a bunch of whimps.Love taps in the corners.Crush our guys without hardly ever a retaliation.A few slap fights here and there except for Thorton.To me,this team has no heart or guts.JMO    I actually changed my fantasy team name from the "Big Bad B`s" to the "B`s wear skirts"( no offense ladies).    Please educate me and tell me where i`m wrong?    Thanks and Happy New Year everyone!!
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]
     PS..Has`nt TT given up 5 goals out of the last 6 SO attempts?
      And is it just me,or does Claude have the same stupid look on his face that Pete Carroll always use to have??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]He did last year.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    He didn't yank  him against the Habs when he should have.None of the 3 goalies in tonights game looked particularly solid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]       Thomas was awesome in the shootout spectacular!
    He actually turned his back to the 3rd shooter.That looked bad,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : Crowls, I didn't say anything there about Rask.  I want Rask to play more.  I want him to be great.  I want him to do a great job for the next 10+ years in a B's jersey! I just get so sick of the 50+ threads we get about the subject every time Thomas loses, and the excuse threads we get when Rask loses.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on your perspective.  Seems like I have read my share of TT excuse threads over the past several months.  None recently because he has played so well this year, so I agree that the Tuukka crowd is getting restless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I'm hoping Rask starts here in Toronto on Monday and for Julien to go with him for a while.  Those defensive zone breakdowns notwithstanding, he's not the confident goalie we saw last year.  True, Thomas's strong play has been a major factor but how can Rask get his edge back from the bench?  Tough situation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

@ Nitemare... The 14 days is the maximum. I wouldn't leave him in Providence that long.

If it was me...
    I'd play Rask on Monday vs. Toronto (A). Rask backs up Thomas on Thursday vs. Minnesota (H). Assign Rask to Providence after the Minnesota game and call up Schaefer to back up TT in Montreal. Let Rask play for the P-Bruins vs. Manchester (H-Fri) and Wilkes-Barre Scranton (A-Sat). After that game he can either stay in WBS and rent a car to get to the hotel in Pittsburgh, or go back to Providence and play vs. Binghamton on Sunday afternoon (4:05), depending on logistics. Recall Rask for the Pittsburgh game.

It gives Rask a minimum of 3 games in a week to get his game back and gives TT 4 days rest. Rask could possibly play vs. Minnesota, giving TT another 2 days rest before he goes up against Montreal on Saturday and Pittsburgh on Monday. But I think the 4 days will be enough. Rask could play vs. Ottawa and CJ could get a rotation going. They need to do something now because they will need both goalies in the next 2 weeks. They have 10 games in 17 days...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]@ Nitemare... The 14 days is the maximum. I wouldn't leave him in Providence that long. If it was me... I'd play Rask on Monday vs. Toronto (A). Rask backs up Thomas on Thursday vs. Minnesota (H). Assign Rask to Providence after the Minnesota game and call up Schaefer to back up TT in Montreal. Let Rask play for the P-Bruins vs. Manchester (H-Fri) and Wilkes-Barre Scranton (A-Sat). After that game he can either stay in WBS and rent a car to get to the hotel in Pittsburgh, or go back to Providence and play vs. Binghamton on Sunday afternoon (4:05), depending on logistics. Recall Rask for the Pittsburgh game. It gives Rask a minimum of 3 games in a week to get his game back and gives TT 4 days rest. Rask could possibly play vs. Minnesota, giving TT another 2 days rest before he goes up against Montreal on Saturday and Pittsburgh on Monday. But I think the 4 days will be enough. Rask could play vs. Ottawa and CJ could get a rotation going. They need to do something now because they will need both goalies in the next 2 weeks. They have 10 games in 17 days...
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

BRU FAN! I Love IT! Too bad CJ & PC don't read these post. I think that is a perfect solution.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]One thing is for sure OP still thinks he knows more than anyone on this forum but can't convince anyone it is indeed true. Rask needs to play more and If you don't think that will make Tuukka rusty then don't participate on the threads with posters who know it to be true as it is an undisputable fact.

Just give it a rest, SanDog.  Your pointless attacks on me have been going on forever and they are so tired, so weak.  I created this thread as a talking point before the game, and it looks like it generated some decent chatter between the gang.  It wasn't to say I know more than anyone else about the goaltending situation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : Just give it a rest, SanDog.  Your pointless attacks on me have been going on forever and they are so tired, so weak.  I created this thread as a talking point before the game, and it looks like it generated some decent chatter between the gang.  It wasn't to say I know more than anyone else about the goaltending situation.Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Funny now someone is now picking you just like you picked at everything Duinne posted now she isn't here anymore. Just like you said to another poster last week on here F*** Y**! and F*** Y**! for doing evrything you could do to chase Duinne off here!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]Laughable about Rask (and www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b06149c0cf56ffa280da330552b06cad&plckUserId=b06149c0cf56ffa280da330552b06cad " target="_parent" /> bgrif008 ...I played college hockey and coached in college)...he is not half as good as the casual majority would like to think...matter of fact, in my book, he is very mediocore...it is becoming obvious, he is not the next "chosen one" as a lot WANT TO BELIEVE.  Keep on defending him...and if I hear one more time, "look at last year"...yeah, look at last year...he could not steal one in the playoffs last year...not a franchise goalie... And yes, even Julien is finally frsutrated...note: Thomas starts second period...lol
    Posted by hty239[/QUOTE]

And if you were any good, you'd stilll be coaching.  Please spare us your Harry High School/BMOC observations about NHL hockey. as they do NOT apply. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]Between periods from Kluzak..."I think it was a little harsh to pull Tuukka after just one period". I tend to agree, Tuukka did not look good, but he still had a 4-3 lead.  Obviously, CJ saw it differently. Tuukka stopped 13-16 in the 1st period. TT stopped 12-14 in the 2nd
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Yes, both goalies didn't play well, but the Bruins as a whole played like a team that was as satisfied as they sounded after the previous game when all they talked about was "well, we've taken 5 out of 6 points on this trip". etc.  The MOMENT I heard that, I knew they'd play complacently vs. a Sabres team newly missing its best player (Derek Roy), undoubtedly figuring they can whup the hapless Leafs  to close out the trip Monday.  After last night, the B's are looking a bit fragile heading into Toronto.

Looking ahead, if the B's win at Toronto, they and their media will trumpet the fact that they came back with 8 of a possible 10 points on this trip and everything's wonderful.  Which has been a major part of this team's problem the past 23 months because they've shown they can't stand prosperity.  If they manage to take 8 of 10 points on this trip, I'll expect them to lay a self-satisfied, subpar egg at their next home game, as that's been their pattern. 

Too tough on them you say?  We should all be happy they're in 1st within their their division?  Long-term...in the playoffs...the B's won't be able to afford such lapses of effort, especially if they think they're good enough to get to the Cup Finals.  Again, we've seen this before. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Alas, all of the comments are responding to NAS's prediction, while some of us can see Claude's consistent lack of awareness .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : And if you were any good, you'd stilll be coaching.  Please spare us your Harry High School/BMOC observations about NHL hockey. as they do NOT apply. 
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Most who have played the position, and/or know how goalies develop, realize that very few goalies at this level hit their peak until their mid 20's. Goaltending is a difficult position to play at any level, let alone at the best level in the world. It's a learning curve. Rask will have his ups and downs until he gets his stuff together and develops the consistency that is so crucial to an NHL goalie. When he does, I believe he will be among the best in the league. He showed his potential last season but also showed his weaknesses. It's up to Bob Essensa and John Whitesides to come up with a plan to address the areas Tuukka needs to improve upon. Essensa for the on ice weaknesses and Whitesides for the conditioning and strength. Most importantly, Rask has to put in the work to see it through to fruition. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Against the backdrop of just being pulled with a lead, the Raycroft for Rask trade, the Kessel saga and the need to keep the leafs as low as possible for the 2011 draft, the stage is perfectly set in Toronto for Rask to prove to Bruin fans, his coach (who has totally mishandled him all year) and himself that he still has the skill and confidence to win. Now Julien just needs the stones to put him in and the rest of that freakin team got to lay it all on the line to help the kid get the win like he did on many occassions for them last season. If he loses no big deal as there are many who will expect that anyway. But if he wins and wins big all of the above cast of Bruin characters can give each other a collective pat on the back and maybe....just maybe...., this could be a big step in getting Rask back on track for the coach and the team and the coach and team back on track for Rask. I think it is worth a shot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I thought I heard this correctly in Naoko's conversation with CJ right after the game about pulling Tuukka:

Naoko Funayama asked the coach about his decision following the game.

"We felt that we needed some bigger saves," he explained. "He hasn't played in a while, but still, we needed to win this hockey game, so we thought it was important to make that change."

Who are the "we" that CJ is referring to?  Wasn't this his decision or is CJ suggesting that it was the collective decision of the coaching staff?  Or does CJ just keep a mouse in his pocket?

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/claude-julien-on-pulling-tuukka-rask-in-loss-to-buffalo-we-felt-that-we-needed-some-bigger-saves.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight is the night for some of the goalie know it alls : And if you were any good, you'd stilll be coaching.  Please spare us your Harry High School/BMOC observations about NHL hockey. as they do NOT apply. 
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

That ain't no lie. This guy sounds like Redlight Raciot! NOW THERE WAS A GOALIE!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Against the backdrop of just being pulled with a lead, the Raycroft for Rask trade, the Kessel saga and the need to keep the leafs as low as possible for the 2011 draft, the stage is perfectly set in Toronto for Rask to prove to Bruin fans, his coach (who has totally mishandled him all year) and himself that he still has the skill and confidence to win. Now Julien just needs the stones to put him in and the rest of that freakin team got to lay it all on the line to help the kid get the win like he did on many occassions for them last season. If he loses no big deal as there are many who will expect that anyway. But if he wins and wins big all of the above cast of Bruin characters can give each other a collective pat on the back and maybe....just maybe...., this could be a big step in getting Rask back on track for the coach and the team and the coach and team back on track for Rask. I think it is worth a shot.
    Posted by FP4877[/QUOTE]
    I agree with everything you've said other than CJ needing the stones to start Rask.I think common sense should dictate starting Rask as it's not like TT came in and bailed him out.As unsharp as CJ may have felt Rask looked,he was certainly no worse than a tired looking TT.Rask deserves another chance to play and TT deserves a rest.Seems like a no-brainer.