Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!

The way the habs play TT has to make sure he does not allow another quick goal in the first 5 minutes.  If he does CJ should go with Rask for the rest of the way especially if it is a softy.  It is clear that the Habs gameplan is to score first and then sit on the lead.  Usually teams who do that will eventually pay but they got lucky the Bs cannot put one puck past Price on thursday.

Also am i the only one thinking that Lucic might be playing injured right now.  I knwo he is not a fast skater but he doesn't look like he has the same jump right now.  Lucic is a Habs killer and we need him to do a better job to bother Price.

Finally since Bergy had to miss a game for personnal reasons he does not look the same.  He looked like he was heading in the right direction and now he went back to the old Bergy post concussed.  Marchand cannot do everythign by himself on that line and he need Bergy to help.  Recchi is too slow vs the habs i think Seguin shoul take his spot but it won't happen.

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!

In Response to Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!:
    [QUOTE]   The way the habs play TT has to make sure he does not allow another quick goal in the first 5 minutes.  If he does CJ should go with Rask for the rest of the way especially if it is a softy.  It is clear that the Habs gameplan is to score first and then sit on the lead.  Usually teams who do that will eventually pay but they got lucky the Bs cannot put one puck past Price on thursday.    Also am i the only one thinking that Lucic might be playing injured right now.  I knwo he is not a fast skater but he doesn't look like he has the same jump right now.  Lucic is a Habs killer and we need him to do a better job to bother Price.    Finally since Bergy had to miss a game for personnal reasons he does not look the same.  He looked like he was heading in the right direction and now he went back to the old Bergy post concussed.  Marchand cannot do everythign by himself on that line and he need Bergy to help.  Recchi is too slow vs the habs i think Seguin shoul take his spot but it won't happen. What do you guys think?     
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!

Where is your comment my friend?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Kind of a contradiction.  If Thomas lets in an early goal go with Rask the rest of the way?  Have you watched a single game Rask has played this year?  Rask has been terrible in first periods, his record is terrible because Boston always have to play from behind when he starts.  The first goal Thursday wasn't even close to Thomas' fault, a wide open guy in front of the net that roofed a shot under the corssbar.  You Rask fanboys are out of control.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!:
    [QUOTE]   The way the habs play TT has to make sure he does not allow another quick goal in the first 5 minutes.  If he does CJ should go with Rask for the rest of the way especially if it is a softy.  It is clear that the Habs gameplan is to score first and then sit on the lead.  Usually teams who do that will eventually pay but they got lucky the Bs cannot put one puck past Price on thursday.    Also am i the only one thinking that Lucic might be playing injured right now.  I knwo he is not a fast skater but he doesn't look like he has the same jump right now.  Lucic is a Habs killer and we need him to do a better job to bother Price.    Finally since Bergy had to miss a game for personnal reasons he does not look the same.  He looked like he was heading in the right direction and now he went back to the old Bergy post concussed.  Marchand cannot do everythign by himself on that line and he need Bergy to help.  Recchi is too slow vs the habs i think Seguin shoul take his spot but it won't happen. What do you guys think?     
     I agree with you on all 3,i'd really like to no what's with Bergeron,got to be more than just his grandmothers death,but there is definitely something not right with him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In order for for Thomas to get yanked he would have to let in three softies (see SoxFanInIl). I don't see this happening as the two that Thomas let in on Thursday were due too bad giveaways.

I do agree that Chara and Bergy are two very crucial players along with a few others that didn't show in game one. This years version of the Bruins tended to read there own clippings especially after the seven game road trip. This team needs wakeup calls like Thursday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!:
    [QUOTE]Kind of a contradiction.  If Thomas lets in an early goal go with Rask the rest of the way?  Have you watched a single game Rask has played this year?  Rask has been terrible in first periods, his record is terrible because Boston always have to play from behind when he starts.  The first goal Thursday wasn't even close to Thomas' fault, a wide open guy in front of the net that roofed a shot under the corssbar.  You Rask fanboys are out of control.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

I am sorry but if you remember last year's playoffs...Rask kept the Bruins in every single game.  The Bruins had a chance to win every single game!  Also the Bruins have a much better team this year.  You cannot have a a swimmer in the net against a fast puck moving team like the habs because TT overcommits to every pass.  People in Montreal keep saying how much they hope TT will be in the net during this entire round because he cannot stop the puck.  How come peeps in Boston are not able to see that!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!! : I am sorry but if you remember last year's playoffs...Rask kept the Bruins in every single game.  The Bruins had a chance to win every single game!  Also the Bruins have a much better team this year.  You cannot have a a swimmer in the net against a fast puck moving team like the habs because TT overcommits to every pass.  People in Montreal keep saying how much they hope TT will be in the net during this entire round because he cannot stop the puck.  How come peeps in Boston are not able to see that!!

He can't stop the puck???   .938 Save percentage.  Go away now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The problem with Chara is imminent he played 25 mins and dehydration set in. Big Z is a work horse and it starting to show. If the Bruins are thinking of the future(next season)they better be looking a dmen. Chara is a healthy person but not getting younger eventually he will need some big help, so far Kaberle is not the answer. This series is still early but i will be keeping a watch on Chara half way through gm. 2 to see if he is tire. The Siedenberg Adventure is definitely not winning an Oscar so far. I will be watching the game tonight not missing a single play. Kaberle will be alright tonight now the play-off gm. 1 is finish. If any d men show weakness I will expect to see Hnidy playing in mtl.. The young McQuaid will be the next d man to step up an extra notch.

Thomas is the man behind the net unless he has complete melt down. I would see the 3rd line goalie can't think of his name at the moment step in before Rask. PC got this goalie at the last minute for a reason.

Bergy and Lucic I am not worrying about. I don't know if they have a hidden injury that the Bruins mngt. do not want leak out these comments is pure speculation. I agree 100% that Bergy is not the same player.  Lucic, Horton Rechhi will be net presence tonight and hope to see Chara pinch at the right time. I do not like the Kaberle and Sieds pairing I rather see Kabs and Chara as the 1st pairing.

I have a gut feeling this going to be a long series with OT's.CoolUndecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I actually agree with everything except pulling Thomas.  He's been gold this year and gives the team a mental, imho.  I've gotten used to Lucic and Bergeron being outstanding in the playoffs.  They both seem to be missing something.  Hopefully they come up big tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!! : He can't stop the puck???   .938 Save percentage.  Go away now.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Again with the meanigless regular season stats!!  What is his save percentage in the playoffs my friend.  Then we can start talking!!  BTW Jim Carey won 3 trophees on his rookie year.  How many cup did he won?  Where is he now.  Regular season stats mean NOTHING!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!! : Again with the meanigless regular season stats!!  What is his save percentage in the playoffs my friend.  Then we can start talking!!  BTW Jim Carey won 3 trophees on his rookie year.  How many cup did he won?  Where is he now.  Regular season stats mean NOTHING!!

Well that one, the .938, means he stopped a higher percentage of shots than anyone else has, since they started keeping track of such things.  I think that shows he can indeed stop the puck, again more often than anybody else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Ok so you prefer to have a goalie that wins the Vezina but sucks in the playoffs instead of a goalie that is ok in the regular season but who will be rock solid in the playoffs and will give you a chance to win the cup?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so you prefer to have a goalie that wins the Vezina but sucks in the playoffs instead of a goalie that is ok in the regular season but who will be rock solid in the playoffs and will give you a chance to win the cup?

Carey Price is 6-11 in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't care about Price i care about the Bruins! If it is not him it will be another hot goalie that the Bruins will have to face down the road!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so you prefer to have a goalie that wins the Vezina but sucks in the playoffs instead of a goalie that is ok in the regular season but who will be rock solid in the playoffs and will give you a chance to win the cup?

I usually just ignore you, because your either a troll, or an idiot, but how about about supporting your outlandish comments, with some actual facts.
    For example, you state Thomas "sucks in the playoffs". What are you basing that on?
    The FACTS are, two years ago, Thomas had the #1 GAA, and #2 save pct. of ALL goalies, at the end of the playoffs.
    Those numbers tell me he did his job, but you keep ranting away. Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of you making a fool of yourself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I'm pretty happy with the best goalie in the game, thank you.  Sorry, Rask couldn't finish the job last year.  There were other reasons of course, but if TT was healthy they win game 7, or it doesn't even get there. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight: TT cannot allow the first goal and Lucic and Bergy have to step up!! :    I usually just ignore you, because your either a troll, or an idiot, but how about about supporting your outlandish comments, with some actual facts. For example, you state Thomas "sucks in the playoffs". What are you basing that on? The FACTS are, two years ago, Thomas had the #1 GAA, and #2 save pct. of ALL goalies, at the end of the playoffs. Those numbers tell me he did his job, but you keep ranting away. Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of you making a fool of yourself.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

You are right the Bruins swept the Habs american league club.  Even I would have great stats in the net.  Btw did any of you forget that the Habs are missing Markov and Gorges and that Cammalari and Pleckaneck are playing injured and probably others.  We should beat them hands down and we should not allow more than 1 goal a game especially when they don't even attack!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The faster the Bruins go to Rask to more we have a chance otherwise you guys better pray that the Bruins score at least 3 goals a game with TT in nets or we will be out in 4!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Floppy have the chance to be the great equaliser tonight so... You only have to wish that he will be ready. Not happening, honnestly...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from philthethrill. Show philthethrill's posts

TT's stats...

Career regular season stats:

SAVE % - .922 (2nd all time behind Hasek)
    GAA - 2.50

Career playoff stats:

SAVE % - .926
    GAA - 2.15

Small sample since he hasn't played many playoff games, but the numbers are better.  Imagine what Bruins fans would do if we had just average goalies!  A goalie with .910 and 2.75 would be crucified!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You have to be better than your opponent... playoff games are usually low scoring affairs!