Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands

The NHL is to blame for this game being so out of control. Has they suspended Burroughs after biting Bergeron, there would be less of this anarchy tonight. They absolutely set the pace for this

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Re: Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands

Well, and some of the crap thats happened in game 2 (Max taunting Bergeron) and the hit on Horton.  Add the horrible officiating to it and the players take over the game themselves, or at least try to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

you have a  good point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands:
    [QUOTE]Well, and some of the crap thats happened in game 2 (Max taunting Bergeron) and the hit on Horton.  Add the horrible officiating to it and the players take over the game themselves, or at least try to.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Im not sure Max taunts if the NHL actually did something about the bite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

In Response to Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands:
    [QUOTE]The NHL is to blame for this game being so out of control. Has they suspended Burroughs after biting Bergeron, there would be less of this anarchy tonight. They absolutely set the pace for this
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold[/QUOTE]

Agreed if cheap play isn't punished it leads what happened tonight, Murphy has no guts!  Everyone including OJ Simpson knows what Burrows did, Murphy gives Burrows a free pass and subsequently a free win for Vancouver and then this crap tonite......Glad the Bruins are pounding them now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Torres is dirty as hell.  If the Bs don't take care of him he will get someone else injured!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Officiating has been a JOKE this whole series.  How many dives does it take to figure out that Vancouver is making a mockery out of this league.  Just let the players police the game.  If Burrows wants to keep chirping and cheapshotting, then step away and let the players take it to him. 

Lapierre is a puszy, consistently dives, check his track record and will never do anything but run away when anyone tries to make him accountable for his actions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands : If you really watched the games, you would know Rome hurt Horton not Torres. Have you ever been right in your entire life? GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think this was a reference to Torres' play in general... he threw some high hard hits in previous series and tonight he took a late swing at McQuaid (or Boychuk?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

The NHL has looked awful trying to favor Canada in the Cup.  The best part of it all, will be when Boston and the good ole USA wins anyways!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands : Actually, I think this was a reference to Torres' play in general... he threw some high hard hits in previous series and tonight he took a late swing at McQuaid (or Boychuk?)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention the high hit on DK in game 2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I guess CJ forgot to tell his team that taunting like Lappy did in Gm 2 "has no place on his team", since both Recchi AND Lucic did EXACTLY the same thing as Lappy did on Bergeron. 

So I guess you Bruin fans will be calling them classless too, right? (In fact, Lucic admitted himself that it was a classless move -- though suckerpunching Burrows seems to be OK).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

don't hold your breathe waiting for a suspension. I'll be shocked if he is suspended.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

[QUOTE]I guess CJ forgot to tell his team that taunting like Lappy did in Gm 2 "has no place on his team", since both Recchi AND Lucic did EXACTLY the same thing as Lappy did on Bergeron.  So I guess you Bruin fans will be calling them classless too, right? (In fact, Lucic admitted himself that it was a classless move -- though suckerpunching Burrows seems to be OK).
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

You team just woke up the beast. They deserve whatever they have coming to them. Good luck dealing with all your $h!^y Karma the rest of the series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I guess CJ forgot to tell his team that taunting like Lappy did in Gm 2 "has no place on his team", since both Recchi AND Lucic did EXACTLY the same thing as Lappy did on Bergeron.  So I guess you Bruin fans will be calling them classless too, right? (In fact, Lucic admitted himself that it was a classless move -- though suckerpunching Burrows seems to be OK).
    The obvious difference being that Boston was simply responding to previous acts. If the league is going to do nothing then the Bruins are basically forced to fight fire with fire. Not to sound like a kid here but you guys started with this stuff. Like I told you earlier, it's the finals. Game on!    GO BRUINS!!!!!!   3 MORE WINS!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's game is on the NHL's hands : You team just woke up the beast. They deserve whatever they have coming to them. Good luck dealing with all your $h!^y Karma the rest of the series.
    Posted by IShawnPI[/QUOTE]

"..woke up the beast"? 

Funny, I was just thinking about how an 8-1 drubbing would wake up the Canucks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

The NHL should suspend this guy at least 2 games but I am guessing that he'll only get 1. Burrows should have gotten 1 and he didn't get anything so who knows with the NHL. I hope Horton is alright and gets better soon. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think it being such a high profile game, he'll get at least 2 games.  I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make an example out of him and give him 10.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

49north... whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night. why is it your "honorable" canucks have such a hard time remaining on their skates? seems a stiff breeze can blow them over. the team you root for is giving the sport a black eye- biting, taunting the guy who was bit, questionable hits, flopping around ice... bet you're proud of them. all of this, and we're only 3 games in. can't wait to see what they have in store the rest of the way. i'm guessing at some point there will be folding chairs used. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The taunting wasn't and isn't honorable and Julien said so much in the presser. He said it was his fault and said he talked to his players about it. Unlike Vigneault who just kinda sloughed it off and said he didn't see it (with that smirk on his face).

Above all, lets not get into a pi$$ing match. There is plenty of malarky on both sides (see Hansen's slash at Krejci before the Nucks goal)

It flows both ways, so no one (fans or players) are clean in this. It's a dogfight, and dogfights get dirty. Let's play some Hockey!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

The face-to-face stuff doesn't bother me.  That's just part of hockey.  The head shots are the real worry.  Torres is going to keep trying to land another of ours in the hospital while the league tries to figure out which thumb to put up their collective a** next.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

With Horton out the rest of the playoffs, the League absolutely HAS to send a message here. 2 games wont due. It needs to be the rest of the playoffs if not an additional game or 2 next year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

B&G,
    Never happen. If he gets 2 games I'd be very surprised.
    1 game and he gets to play back home in Vanky. Welcome to the NHL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

[QUOTE]B&G, Never happen. If he gets 2 games I'd be very surprised. 1 game and he gets to play back home in Vanky. Welcome to the NHL.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Sounds likely.

Honesly, that is what gets me so angry. The league made such a dog and pony show about "fixing" the concussion problem from the game, and here's their big chance. Will they actually have some balls? Probably not

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Recchi, the 43-year-old veteran of 23 seasons, admitted Julien let him know he didn't approve.

"I got in trouble for that. Coach gave me heck for that," Recchi said.

Sections
Shortcuts