Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT

Just stupid.............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT

As a Canadian who has been a Bruins fan her entire life, it's starting to get a little annoying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...turns the game into a mighty ducks movie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah a lot of non us players play with the Bs and a lot of Bs fans are also live in Canada.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

<groan />

As an American who has been a Bruins fan his entire life, it's starting to get a little annoying.

It's just plain lame.

No Kessel serenade AGAIN tonight.

The Kessel serenade throws him and the Leafs off and it didn't happen AGAIN.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Agreed. Absolutely idiotic.

What do Lucic, Bergeron, Recchi, Horton, Marchand, Kelley, Seguin, Peverley, Thornton, Campbell, Paille, Ryder, Boychuk, McQuaid, Ferrence, and Hnidy have in common?

Additionally what do Krejci (only forward not in the above group), Chara, Kaberle, Seidenberg, and Rask have in common with the group above?

(Are we the most Canadian team in the league?)

(Edit: We only have 2 Americans...Timmy and Kampfer)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I never understood it in NHL play....embarrassing...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

As an American Bruins fan, I find it embarrassing.  And annoying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Starts to make me wonder if les and les legit fans are going to the games than before

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

It may be lame, but I have to say that I"ve never seen the Bruin crowd so jacked up.

They were really into it and it was exciting to watch.

That was simply a great game to watch either way.  I'm happy the Leafs won, but I would have been happy even if they lose because it was a hard fought game and good hard-nosed hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

I used to find it annoying, now I'm just getting used to it. :)

PS: Niagara Falls, Canada.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I am a boston sports fan but I also think it is annoying; almost as annoying as hearing "yankees suck" and any event around Boston...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I just had a comical after thought...could you imagine the Toronto Blue Jays playing at Fenway Park and the crowd started chanting USA?  HAHA....I don't even think the pink hats there would be either bright/stupid enough to do that.

....As a Boston sports fan, I also hate the 'Yankees Suck' chant...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Makes me wonder how many fans that attend bruin games have any knowledge of the NHL at all...... It's an insult to the game, the true fans, and the team. Truly a black eye.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

There may be only 2 americans. But one of them is the most important guy on the team. They should just go back to chanting Thomas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's nice to know that the annoyance with that chant is not simply a border based thing. I know it bugs me, but it is nice to know it also bugs non-Canadians.

Of all our players, only one regular starter is American. He also happens to be our best player. So why not just cheer "THOMAS!"? Or "TANK!"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I love it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've always hated this chant, and I'm American.  It should be reserved for the Olympics or when different countries are actually playing each other.  I just think of all of the Canadian players on the Bruins roster rolling their eyes (while Kessel and Komisarek salute the flag...).  Kidding.  But yeah, it's dumb.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Even on night's when Rask is starting and Kampfer's not in the lineup? Isn't that basically cheering AGAINST the Bruins? Without a single Yank in the lineup?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT:
    Even on night's when Rask is starting and Kampfer's not in the lineup? Isn't that basically cheering AGAINST the Bruins?
    Posted by red75

The fans aren't cheering for individual players, they're cheering for the team that is based in Boston, which is in the USA...which is playing a Canadian team.  They aren't chanting to get the goat of the Leaf winger, but of the Leaf fan.

The players will come and go.  The team will remain in Boston. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, but since when did Yanks and Canucks not get along? The War of 1812 was 199 years ago. ( and ended 197 years ago - so don't ask me why it's called the war or 1812)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Even on night's when Rask is starting and Kampfer's not in the lineup? Isn't that basically cheering AGAINST the Bruins? Without a single Yank in the lineup?
    Posted by red75

A Yankee is someone from the north, not just an American.  Brian Leetch is from Texas or someplace down there, he was no Yankee.  He was a dang Reb.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, but since when did Yanks and Canucks not get along? The war of 1812 was 199 years ago.
    Posted by red75

'02 Salt Lake City, baby.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Didn't we win that one? I'm refrring to the War of 1812. We won 2002 as well, and 2010.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT : A Yankee is someone from the north, not just an American.  Brian Leetch is from Texas or someplace down there, he was no Yankee.  He was a dang Reb.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

My wife is from Atlanta (she's a dual citizen) and I still call her a Yank. Mainly because I love to watch her cringe ;).

Sections
Shortcuts