Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT

Oh yeah, I got married last week when I was home. I forgot to mention that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I just know that when I've heard the USA chant the Bruins have lost v. the Leafs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, I got married last week when I was home. I forgot to mention that.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Congrats Red.  Many happy years to you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yeah, I got married last week when I was home. I forgot to mention that.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Congrats!  Bruins turned up short on a belated wedding present tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks Fletch and BadHab :) Don't know what I'm doing. I loved the good old days when I could ay "But Mom, I can't get married and settle down. It's illegal!"

Stupid equal rights ruined a perfectly good excuse ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Fletch and BadHab :) Don't know what I'm doing. I loved the good old days when I could ay "But Mom, I can't get married and settle down. It's illegal!" Stupid equal rights ruined a perfectly good excuse ;)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

This is no place for politics.  There are plenty of forums for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

lol

I love you too NAS ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

[QUOTE]I am a boston sports fan but I also think it is annoying; almost as annoying as hearing "yankees suck" and any event around Boston...
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

I was at a Pats game in Arizona several years back and I heard a pretty loud Yankees Suck there...thought it was funny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Back to the USA chant-- I'd like to join other USA born and resident fans who say it is disgusting, embarrassing, and plain stupid.  I feel a need to apologize to fans from other countries, Canadian and European,  who watch NHL games.  And also to the many players from these other countries.  They must be thinking, what a bunch of arrogant idiots Americans are.  

Isn't Boston supposed to be an intelligent and enlightened city?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

International play is one thing, but it has no place in the NHL. It makes the fans seem goofy. Boston hockey fans are experienced. This is not Columbus or Nashville...I think the fans were so jacked up they did not know what to do...some genious came up with U.S.A...not the most cleaver or appropriate, but it worked for them...I guess. Give them a pass...it's not like they chanted something disturbing like Max, Max, Max
    Doc

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

They chant USA because there are Canadiens or Leaf fans in the stands cheering for their team or booing the Bruins.  Notice it only comes from a few sections where there are a lot of opposing fans.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the players on the ice.  It's a fan against fan chant.  I don't get why that's so hard to understand. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

WOW, talk about overreaction, its not like they're booing a national anthem or something. stupid yes, disrespectful no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

[QUOTE]They chant USA because there are Canadiens or Leaf fans in the stands cheering for their team or booing the Bruins.  Notice it only comes from a few sections where there are a lot of opposing fans.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the players on the ice.  It's a fan against fan chant.  I don't get why that's so hard to understand. 
    Posted by KCMDux88[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  Its clearly directed toward the fans of the leafs and montreal.  People know there are canadians on their team they aren't dumb and it's clearly working to aggravate people as we are have a whole discussion on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

A better chant against a Canadian opponent would be: "We're Team Canada!"

That would ruffle feathers with the Canadian press/fans. They'd have a hard time battling back against that, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]...turns the game into a mighty ducks movie.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Beautiful comment!! 

The Chant is Absurd!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Annoying? Really? Thats a pretty low-tolerance. Yes, most fans know that 95% of the team arent American, its simply a riled up bunch of fans getting themselves more riled up. This is such a non-issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]I am a boston sports fan but I also think it is annoying; almost as annoying as hearing "yankees suck" and any event around Boston...
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Couldn't agree more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

The fact that someone makes a thread about this chant after everytime it happens is just as annoying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]As an American Bruins fan, I find it embarrassing.  And annoying.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's disrespectful to the Canadians we have on our roster.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]
    That will never be annoying. Yankees do in fact suck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

people have try to come up with original threads, this thread has come up every time the chant occured. same thing with a bruins loss... clode sucks threads everywhere. talk about rehashing the same thing over and over and over

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ADK: that is because chanting USA is a stupid thing to do. Are we not better than the ignorant Habs fans that chant retarded slogans? And I am an American living in Canada...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they were chanting "Boston!  Boston!  Boston!", would it be just as dumb?  You know, no one on the team is from Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

The chant was also on the go at the massacre against Montreal last week. I came down from Canada with the family for a Bruins weekend at a rather considerable cost and it was worth every cent. Great city and great people.

The only thing that annoyed me a little was that chant especially when there were more Canadians on the Bruins than on the Canadians. It was kind of an awkward moment because for the whole game we were cheering, screaming and jeering (sat right behind the Canadians bench) along with everybody else and then the chant starts at which time we were just there waiting for it to  end because somehow it didn't seem right to cheer USA USA as a Canadian not to mention the abundance of Canadians on the team.

Anyway I didn't lose any sleep over it and I can't wait to do it all over again someday in Boston. But as a 40 year Bruin fan from Canada I gotta say I'm not real keen on the chant.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

in no way is it disrespectful, the team does play in the US. they (the bruins) are our team. talk about looking a little too far into something! notice they have only done the chant against long time original 6 rivals. who cares-it's not a negative chant- would anyone have a problem with "habs suck"- ? i think not 

Sections
Shortcuts