Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT

I guess this is just a matter of opinion. Perhaps if I still lived in Mass I may have a different view......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

As a Maritime Bruins fan (old man is from Mass.) living out west, it doesn't bother me I'm just happy the fans at the game are into the game enough to start a chant. Just imagine if you were a thrashers fan, it's hard to have a chant by yourself. However, I will say I enjoyed the "Thank You Kessel" chant much more, really hope Seguin starts scoring against the Leafs so that one can get going again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have asked some of my Canadian friends about this.  The question:  If you were at a B's game vs. a Canadian club, and the emotion of the evening created a "USA USA USA" chant, would you be offended.

The first guy said, "Why the F would I be offended?" 

Second guy said, "I probably wouldn't join in, not being from the USA and all, but offended?  No."

The third guy said, "What happened to America?  When did you become so wimpy?"

And the girl said, "Why would I care?  They aren't saying Canada scks."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT:
    [QUOTE] But as a 40 year Bruin fan from Canada I gotta say I'm not real keen on the chant.
    Posted by FP4877[/QUOTE]

You might want to consider being a fan of a team in Canada, then.  Boston is in Massachusetts which is in the USA.  Would you have been bent if the chant was "Boston!  Boston!"  Would you have gone along with it? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I have asked some of my Canadian friends about this.  The question:  If you were at a B's game vs. a Canadian club, and the emotion of the evening created a "USA USA USA" chant, would you be offended. The first guy said, "Why the F would I be offended?"  Second guy said, "I probably wouldn't join in, not being from the USA and all, but offended?  No." The third guy said, "What happened to America?  When did you become so wimpy?" And the girl said, "Why would I care?  They aren't saying Canada scks."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Here's the resident Canadian fraud's opinion.

I am not offended either. It's just a really dumb, lame chant for an NHL game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT : Here's the resident Canadian fraud's opinion. I am not offended either. It's just a really dumb, lame chant for an NHL game.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Jesus, when I saw you responded, all I could think was, "There is no way that guy is going to say it hurt his feelings."  If I were a Oilers fan and they were pounding Detroit (oh let it be so!), I wouldn't have my feelings hurt if they started a Ca-na-da chant.  People spend so much time worrying about the feelings of others, even when the "others" couldn't care less.

It's like when the self righteous got the Speedy Gonzalez cartoons pulled from airing because it was defamatory to Mexicans.  Mexicans lobbied and got it back on.  They loved Speedy because he was the only cartoon character portrayed as a Mexican.  Worry about yourself here, folks.  I don't think that Chara is going to be crying himself to sleep because the fans were chanting USA. 

You know what's embarrassing?  You clowns worrying about offending Canadians or players on the Bruins due to this.

Oh, and lastly, Chowda, how about going to the threads and answeirng the questions?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Fletch and BadHab :) Don't know what I'm doing. I loved the good old days when I could ay "But Mom, I can't get married and settle down. It's illegal!" Stupid equal rights ruined a perfectly good excuse ;)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

My condolences Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT : You might want to consider being a fan of a team in Canada, then.  Boston is in Massachusetts which is in the USA.  Would you have been bent if the chant was "Boston!  Boston!"  Would you have gone along with it? 

Yup, because it is part of the team name and I'll do the same if they decide to change the name to the U.S.A. Bruins. Man I was just saying how it seemed a little odd no need to turn it into a childish rant with the consider being a fan of a team in Canada garbage. I am sure I am just a big a Bruin fan as you but perhaps a little more mature in the area of understanding that people can respond to situations in different ways without being traitors or whatever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT : Yup, because it is part of the team name and I'll do the same if they decide to change the name to the U.S.A. Bruins. Man I was just saying how it seemed a little odd no need to turn it into a childish rant with the consider being a fan of a team in Canada garbage. I am sure I am just a big a Bruin fan as you but perhaps a little more mature in the area of understanding that people can respond to situations in different ways without being traitors or whatever.
    Posted by FP4877[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't cry yourself to sleep at night because the fans (in the USA) of the Boston, Massachusetts, USA team were chanting "USA USA USA".  If your feelings are so hurt, maybe you should become an Islanders fan instead.  They don't chant anything.

This is hockey.  Words, unless they are racial or ethnic slurs, don't hurt. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkandGoldMatter. Show DarkandGoldMatter's posts

Well, I believe I cheer for the Boston Bruins and not the U.S.A Bruins. That's why a Bos-ton, Bru-ins chant would be relevant to the hockey club. The Jumbo Tron tech should flash Bos-ton, Bru-ins as soon as the U.S.A chant starts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonights USA USA USA chant in OT : I hope you didn't cry yourself to sleep at night because the fans (in the USA) of the Boston, Massachusetts, USA team were chanting "USA USA USA".  If your feelings are so hurt, maybe you should become an Islanders fan instead.  They don't chant anything. This is hockey.  Words, unless they are racial or ethnic slurs, don't hurt. 

Blah Blah Blah...yet another childish rant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

This  is a slam dunk topic..... Only idiots that can not admit they are wrong would challenge this.
    The day I here Canadian fans chant canada in an NHL game, Will be the day I admit we as canadian fans do not know what we are talking about.
    Don't expect that to happen any time soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

maybe a combined 200 posts with this thread and another thread on this topic after Habs game.
    Some of you make it out that the fans at the Garden have no idea that the Bruin fans don't know that they only have 2 Americans in their lineup.
    So with this logic when Rangers fans were chanting "Potvin sux" even after he retired and they were playing Philly makes them ignorant.  Did they really know that Potvin was not with Philly ?  Did they know he was retired ? or were they just having a good time and getting into the game ?
    We all know the answer and the U.S.A chant is the same thing.  The fans are enjoying themselves .
    When I'm at the game and the chant starts I don't join because I'm Canadian but I don't get offended . I actually I like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]maybe a combined 200 posts with this thread and another thread on this topic after Habs game. Some of you make it out that the fans at the Garden have no idea that the Bruin fans don't know that they only have 2 Americans in their lineup. So with this logic when Rangers fans were chanting "Potvin sux" even after he retired and they were playing Philly makes them ignorant.  Did you really know they that Potvin was not with the Philly's ?  Did they know he was retired ? or were they just having a good time and getting into the game ? We all know the answer and the U.S.A chant is the same thing.  The fans are enjoying themselves . When I'm at the game and the chant starts I don't join because I'm Canadian but I don't get offended . I actually I like it.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts