TOO MUCH THOMAS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: TOO MUCH THOMAS

Need to start him tonight. Get a little break for the All Star weekend. We don't have any games on Montreal left so we need the Wins. As much as I like Rask the team seems to sleep through his starts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Its pretty simple. Thomas right now gives us the better chance at winning. I Would like to see Rask get mote starts to get his confidence and morale up. Rask is also our future #1 goalie. But Got to go with the better goalie. Thomas it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

I JUST HOPE TIMMY DOESN'T BURN OUT BEFORE APRIL. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: TOO MUCH THOMAS:
    I JUST HOPE TIMMY DOESN'T BURN OUT BEFORE APRIL. 
    Posted by 54BLITZER

Unless they change things after the break they are going to burn Thomas out.  I showed the stats in a couple of threads.  Since the lockout it appears a Starter should not play more that 55 games if you want playoff success.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Now is Boston's chance to run away with the division lead and Rask cant be trusted to win right now, not even against the bottom feeders.  I'd like to see Rask get a lot of playing time down the stretch so Timmy can stay rested, but not at the price of plummeting in the standings and setting themselves up to likely lose in the first round.  If Rask wants some starts, he needs to start earning them.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Now is Boston's chance to run away with the division lead and Rask cant be trusted to win right now, not even against the bottom feeders.  I'd like to see Rask get a lot of playing time down the stretch so Timmy can stay rested, but not at the price of plummeting in the standings and setting themselves up to likely lose in the first round.  If Rask wants some starts, he needs to start earning them.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

So let me get this straight you want to play Thomas which lowers our chances of winning in the playoffs in order not to lower our chance of winning in the playoffs.  I personaly think we just have to get in and be ready we seem to be a better road team so I see no downside in being a lower seed.  We seem to need outstanding goaltending to win.  I think we have more chance to win with a well rested Thomas as 6 or 7th seed than we do as a top 3 seed with a tired Thomas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

this is silly timmy thomas is the best goalie on the bruins in the league and in the world right now plus he can handle the work load easy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

orr, you think too much...rask not confident, team needs win...you go to thomas...next time the team is against an a low-point opponent, then try rask again (me, i'd prefere a 3rd goalie to play in that game)...rask is just not what you guys saw in 2009-2010 reg. season...he's not the same goalie, his confidence level is already shot, the players have no faith in him by example of their lesser play when he starts, and the team can't afford to go into losing streaks because they want to play soothe the young goalie's ego games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

i dont see rask getting a chance to be starter for at least 3 more years and even then it will be a 50  50 split with thomas but until then its thomas in the nets and rask on the bench lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's a pro it is what he is paid to do. That game the other night would have been 7-0 if not for him. When you have a hot goalie, you ride him...Plenty of time for rest before the playoffs start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In Response to Re: TOO MUCH THOMAS :  I think we have more chance to win with a well rested Thomas as 6 or 7th seed than we do as a top 3 seed with a tired Thomas.
    Posted by Orrthebest

That was actually my point.  Montreal have some injuries to key players right now, now is the time to ride the hot goalie and try to pull away in the Northeast division.  If they can build up a comfortable lead by March, Timmy will have plenty of time to rest before the playoffs when they aren't in danger of dropping below the 3rd seed.  Playing Rask now is stupid, he cant win, and if Boston fall behind in the Northeast, they will be playing must win hockey just to hold on to one of the last few playoff spots down the stretch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

At his current pace, the Tank, one of the best conditioned athletes on the team, will play 59 games.  Marc-Andre Fleury played 62 games in their cup season.  Not worried about him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: TOO MUCH THOMAS : That was actually my point.  Montreal have some injuries to key players right now, now is the time to ride the hot goalie and try to pull away in the Northeast division.  If they can build up a comfortable lead by March, Timmy will have plenty of time to rest before the playoffs when they aren't in danger of dropping below the 3rd seed.  Playing Rask now is stupid, he cant win, and if Boston fall behind in the Northeast, they will be playing must win hockey just to hold on to one of the last few playoff spots down the stretch.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

But it is good to be playing must win hockey down the stretch.  Look a philli last year made it on a shootout in their last game and then went all the way to the finals.  I have always used a teams last 20 games as an indicator for playoff success and it works most of the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I'll admit im a little worried about Thomas and the playoffs.  Its clear Thomas gives them a better chance to win right now, but you need to see the big picture.  With their current position in the standings they just don't need wins now as much as they will in the playoffs.  Thomas is not a workhorse goalie and never has been.  I dont think he should play more than 55 - 60 games max this season to get the best performance out of him in the playoffs. And lets face it, the playoffs are all that matters, an overworked goalie is much worse to have than being a 6 seed.

So let Rask play some more, yeah they'll lose a few more games and possibly some position in the playoffs, but they'll still make it.  And who knows, maybe Rask will regain some confidence, find his game, and be trusted enough to give TT a rest here or there come playoff time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Play TT all they need to to get a good birth in the post season. Rask will eventually take over for TT in the post season because TT's flip-flop style lends to mass confusion when the intensity is ramped up and the calmness of Rask is the only way this team will win a cup. I've said it before and I will again the B's will NEVER win a cup with TT. He has shown less success than Rask in the play-offs. For those who will say the kid isn't good enough, remember the goalies last year? Not a Vezina amog them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'll admit im a little worried about Thomas and the playoffs.  Its clear Thomas gives them a better chance to win right now, but you need to see the big picture.  With their current position in the standings they just don't need wins now as much as they will in the playoffs.  Thomas is not a workhorse goalie and never has been.  I dont think he should play more than 55 - 60 games max this season to get the best performance out of him in the playoffs. And lets face it, the playoffs are all that matters, an overworked goalie is much worse to have than being a 6 seed. So let Rask play some more, yeah they'll lose a few more games and possibly some position in the playoffs, but they'll still make it.  And who knows, maybe Rask will regain some confidence, find his game, and be trusted enough to give TT a rest here or there come playoff time.
    Posted by Eric66

That all SOUNDS sensible.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Too Much Rask...just kidding

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Another 2 points thanks to TOO MUCH THOMAS!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

all timmy does is win and yet you peoples all cry for rask boo hoo. dont worry when rask starts to complain the bruins will throw him a crumb and give him a game but they gave rask an easy game last time versis Buffalo and he blew it and lost. why play the no talent under study whens you have the best in the entire world in timmy thomas. thomas talent and boston talent.  rask no talent and ye olde winesuck no talent lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last night I watched the game at a sports bar and was saying to some buddies I was upset that they didn’t start Rask . He would not be seeing any action in a while.My friend is a Flyers fan and said to me that Julien must put his best goalie that will give him the best chance to get the 2 points .  He looks at the standings and to pull away with a 4 point lead in the standings is very important during the Allstar break.

He was 100% correct with this comments.
    Anyway,  what's an extra game just before the get together called the Allstar ??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Orr,
    how many goalies playing over 55 games were on legit cup contenders.. thats a stat you found that really has little value, Buffalo makes the play offs year in and year out because of miller, their lack of play off success has nothing to do with the number of games he plays, thats the true colors of the team..
    not to mention, the sample of goalies playing over 60 games is far to small..

what 4 goalies a year perhaps, most of them on struggling teams.. thomas plays 40 games this year, the bruins could be a legit threat to not make the play offs..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Orr, how many goalies playing over 55 games were on legit cup contenders.. thats a stat you found that really has little value, Buffalo makes the play offs year in and year out because of miller, their lack of play off success has nothing to do with the number of games he plays, thats the true colors of the team.. not to mention, the sample of goalies playing over 60 games is far to small.. what 4 goalies a year perhaps, most of them on struggling teams.. thomas plays 40 games this year, the bruins could be a legit threat to not make the play offs..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

So Rasks save percentage(which you say is the MOST IMPORTANT stat for a goalie)wouldn't translate into enough wins to qualify for the post-season?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    svs% and win percentage are not the same thing, you should stop trying to put words in my mouth, its looks stupid when the words your adding dont even make sense...

A goalie with a high Svs% is playing generally well, vokoun has an awful win loss year after year, does that make him a bad goalie.. no..

rask has been good enough to win, the bruins havent, thomas has been great which has translated to wins.. The fact that he has points in 29 of 30 games where the bruins have scored and 4 of his 5 losses the have been shot out supports everything I have said.. 

Sections
Shortcuts