Too quick to tell Jagr we wont resign him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Too quick to tell Jagr we wont resign him?

I know he doesnt have much left in the tank, but after the Horton news, to have him around at a discounted rate while we have a cap down year would be fine with me. Everyone, evrywhere thought hed be a great fit with Krejci all along. I wonder if Peter regrets making that statement now... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Too quick to tell Jagr we wont resign him?

Hey it was a nice story and he did get some nice assists but for my money he's way too old, way too slow, and really was not a very good fit. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Not interested, Jagr has nothing left in the tank. He's not a fit in a defensive system and he's just too old. He's still great with the puck but lines would have to circle a bit to get onside when he had the puck.

The Jagr experiment is over. Have a good retirement Jaromir. 

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No, there are other FA forwards that I think would be a better fit and may also come cheaper.  Jagr was nice for the playoff run.  I don't think he's needed for an 82 game season at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Hey it was a nice story and he did get some nice assists but for my money he's way too old, way too slow, and really was not a very good fit. 

Amen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He had a few good games but was mostly invisible. Too lazy to boot.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

-Gerry Dee

Yes i think Marchand got tired of waiting for him to catch up in the finals

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

-Gerry Dee

I know I got tired of waiting for Marchand actually show up in the Finals....How does this guy get a free pass on his brutal performance? Why isn't Chiarelli calling him out over a no show performance...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

In light of Horton's imminent departure, I too, would hold on to Jagr. His work ethic is through the roof. They paid a 1st Rounder for him. They should get their money's worth and trade him at the next Trade Deadline if they are unsatisfied (or out of Playoff contention!).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

-Gerry Dee

I know I got tired of waiting for Marchand actually show up in the Finals....How does this guy get a free pass on his brutal performance? Why isn't Chiarelli calling him out over a no show performance...

Probably because he led the team in scoring for the season and was effective in the earlier rounds and on the PK. No need for PC to tell him he had an awful finals. He knows it. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

No, there are other FA forwards that I think would be a better fit and may also come cheaper.  Jagr was nice for the playoff run.  I don't think he's needed for an 82 game season at this point.

Definitely better players, but cheaper I dont know. Lot of guys are going to command big money this year in free agency. Im just thinking from a sheer cap point and the possibility of him playing with Krejci. I feel like he got better as the playoffs went on. Next year the cap will go back up and were going to be one of the teams in a real good possition if Chiarelli can get through this years crunch. I honestly wasnt the biggest fan of him this year and thought bringing back Ryder would have been a much better fit. I definitely would have liked to see him produce more on the scoresheet thats for sure, but I think if we could have brought him back for something like 1, 1.5 mil, it would have been worth exploring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to IShawnPI's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Definitely better players, but cheaper I dont know. Lot of guys are going to command big money this year in free agency. Im just thinking from a sheer cap point and the possibility of him playing with Krejci. I feel like he got better as the playoffs went on. Next year the cap will go back up and were going to be one of the teams in a real good possition if Chiarelli can get through this years crunch. I honestly wasnt the biggest fan of him this year and thought bringing back Ryder would have been a much better fit. I definitely would have liked to see him produce more on the scoresheet thats for sure, but I think if we could have brought him back for something like 1, 1.5 mil, it would have been worth exploring.

Cap is going down, hard to get paid this year and I don't see Jagr playing for 2 more years (although I said this back in 2008)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I know he doesnt have much left in the tank, but after the Horton news, to have him around at a discounted rate while we have a cap down year would be fine with me. Everyone, evrywhere thought hed be a great fit with Krejci all along. I wonder if Peter regrets making that statement now... 

he might be a good one year replacement for Horton and cheaper, plays the RW and goes to the net etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

he might be a good one year replacement for Horton and cheaper, plays the RW and goes to the net etc.

Thats exactly what Im thinking. You'd have to think hes gonna retire next year regardless

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

good riddance, all JJ brought to the B'S was some humour....  saying that maybe had he scored twenty goals during the playoffs, the B'S might've made him an offer....

no JJ, the B'S weren't expecting you to play like the superstar you once were but maybe had you just scored a goal or two it might've changed the final outcome....

he's already cost the B'S a first round pick, that's enough.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Exactly.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

good riddance, all JJ brought to the B'S was some humour....  saying that maybe had he scored twenty goals during the playoffs, the B'S might've made him an offer....

no JJ, the B'S weren't expecting you to play like the superstar you once were but maybe had you just scored a goal or two it might've changed the final outcome....

he's already cost the B'S a first round pick, that's enough.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Agree completely Days. Thanks for trying JJ. I especially liked the way you could draw 2 or 3 guys to you before you'd turn the puck over. By the end of game 6 it was like you'd perfected it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'd play Daug or Caron ahead of Jagr.

Sections
Shortcuts