Too trade or not to trade with Toronto, that is the question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Too trade or not to trade with Toronto, that is the question

The Leafs have some cap room and are in dire need of some offensive help.  The Bruins have extra forwards and need cap room.  Do you make a move with them? 

• we have their 1st round pick next year so making them better may not be a great idea
    • TOR should be willing to take Wheeler and maybe Ryder.  Ryder is not as attractive but he does supply offensive firepower and they are desperate
    • PC has a pretty good track record when trading with TOR!!!
    What to do, what to do????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Re: Too trade or not to trade with Toronto, that is the question

I wouldn't trade with the Leafs. They cant score and lets keep it that way. We could be looking at another top 5 pick. If they added Wheeler or Ryder  with Kadri getting  called up, it could give them a push we dont want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Too many forwards, maybe, but Boston is toward the bottom of the league in scoring, we need to keep those forwards that can score consistently.

As far as trading with Toronto, it would be insane to do anything to make them any better in any way at all.

If the League were to call the season right this second, Toronto is 5th worst overall.  Pick #5 in this coming draft ain't half bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Plus, winning the lottery moves you up 4 spaces... so it's the last spot that gives you a chance at the #1 over all

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Thats not a question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Unless we rob them blind, again, I say no. We should do absolutely nothing to help them out and get the best value we can on their (our) upcoming #1 pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Too trade or not to trade with Toronto, that is the question:
    [QUOTE]First on my list would be Buffalo because hopefully it would make them just good enough to beat Toronto.  Second would be the worst team in the Western Conference.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

I like that thinking a lot.  If it were all up to me, I just think Buffalo is in a bit of a slump and can come out of it  on their own.  Give either Edmonton or the Islanders a sweet heart deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Toronto has nothing really to offer, concentrate on the other teams that have more cap space and in need of help, bring in some more draft picks or top prospects.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

take ryder ???? they need a center ,  wake up man !  i can see wheeler maybe for kaberle and have him center queeny boy ova there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Too trade or not to trade with Toronto, that is the question:
    [QUOTE]Thats not a question. Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Hamlet is not in house correct there is no question. Burke and Wilson are in Barney Rubble trouble...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Trading with Toronto:

From the Bruins perspective, I'm thinking of the adage: "You go to the well once too often"

From the Toronto perspective, I'm thinking: "Third time lucky".

Therefore, I don't like the odds. Therefore, no deal with the Leafs. Unless Burke loses his marbles and wants to trade Nazim Kadri to the Bruins. That would set up a future 2nd line of Kadri, Jared Knight (they have good history together) and Caron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am not afraid of trading with Toronto at all.  Their 2011 1st rounder should not even be part of the equation. If PC sees a way to help the 2010-11 Bruins he should do it, regardless of dance partner. 

Besides, are we sure that adding adding Ryder and/or Wheeler would actually help Toronto?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Too many forwards, maybe, but Boston is toward the bottom of the league in scoring, we need to keep those forwards that can score consistently. As far as trading with Toronto, it would be insane to do anything to make them any better in any way at all. If the League were to call the season right this second, Toronto is 5th worst overall.  Pick #5 in this coming draft ain't half bad.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

They're only towards the bottom because of the number of games they've played - they're sixth in the league in goals per game with 3.15, behind only Washington, Philly, Atlanta, Detroit and Colorado.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

About the Kadri promotion.. LOL, very interesting

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/890179--cox-kadri-promotion-carries-whiff-of-panic

It’s proof that even a hard-nosed Irishman like Brian Burke isn’t immune to feeling the heat.

That there’s heat to be felt, of course, is a little curious in itself. This is a hockey town filled with fans who are adamant that they desire a slow, patient rebuild like Pittsburgh or Chicago, yet only 15 games into the season those same fans are screaming that the sky is falling.

People knew this Leaf team was likely a non-playoff outfit. Now that it’s playing down to expectations, people are up in arms.

It’s like being outraged for being right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If the B's do make a trade, it probably won't be involving the most expensive per goal players.  It's not easy to trade garbage.  Just ask Edmonton and Souray.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What does Toronto have that the Bruins need?? Not Kaberle if you watched his play in the last Bruins /Leafs game. He was noticeably slow, no agression, his game is not what it was. Schenn would be another development project like Wheeler; and IMO Chia would not necessarily want Versteeg. There are too many other possibilities in the West, where any player sent out, like Wheeler/Ryder will not come back too often to haunt the B's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd rather see Boston trade with Calgary, Phoenix, Nashville, Islanders, or Edmonton. The Bruins don't have the room to add salary so they're looking for picks or prospects. Even with whatever added impact they get from the Bruins in return, those teams will finish near the bottom this season, so do what you can to get a first or second rounder out of them. It won't help us immediately, but it will have value down the line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I really, really wish people would stop agitating for Kaberle.

1. He sccks.
    2. He has a NTC.
    3. He carries a $4.25 million cap hit. The Bruins was to shed salary, not add it.
    4. He sccks.

Anyway, the Bruins are not going to do anything to help the Leafs, and the Leafs have nothing to offer the Bruins. Not to mention that Burke would probably be attacked in the streets if he made a trade with the Bruins again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]What does Toronto have that the Bruins need?? Not Kaberle if you watched his play in the last Bruins /Leafs game. He was noticeably slow, no agression, his game is not what it was. Schenn would be another development project like Wheeler; and IMO Chia would not necessarily want Versteeg. There are too many other possibilities in the West, where any player sent out, like Wheeler/Ryder will not come back too often to haunt the B's.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

Bogie- you make a glaring oversight.  Any move the B's make will be for picks.  They are desperate to shed salary.  Toronto has cap space and that is the biggest need for our B's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If ever we would trade Wheeler to the Leafs ...they are going to make the playoffs for sure ....Wheel is the most underated player in the NHL ..he will score between 30-35 goals this year just like I've predicted last summer ...

and thats why :

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]If ever we would trade Wheeler to the Leafs ...they are going to make the playoffs for sure ....Wheel is the most underated player in the NHL ..he will score between 30-35 goals this year just like I've predicted last summer ... and thats why : Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

yawn. the joke is over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

You don't trade with Toronto. You don't do anything to help them improve. We want them to be as bad as they can be this season There are other teams with cap space that can offer you better draft picks or prospects. Colorado for example has 10 guys out with injuries. They have plenty of cap space. The Islanders have cap space, as do a few other teams.

Sections
Shortcuts